14u State Champions

I think this is Team Pride's tournament for the taking. They have all the right pieces in all the right places to go along with a superior coaching staff. The Memphis Lady Elite (James) is in my opinion a VERY close second. They are certainly capable of pulling off a win over Team Pride because of the two, they are the more atheltic group. They are a little thicker inside and could give Team Pride problems in this area despite the fact that Team Pride does have Hassell, who is definitely one of the best posts, if not the best, in this age group.

Other teams that have an outside shot of pulling off the title: Tennessee Elite (Jackson) and Memphis Lady Elite (Miles). The Top 6 teams at the State Tournament will receive the bids to Nationals since both Memphis Lady Elite teams and the Tennessee Elite (Jackson) team have already received bids through SRT's.

Good luck to all the teams.

how did you learn about team pride. Not many people have seen them play this year because I checked. What is the weakness of Tn Elite against team pride. Tn Elite and the Miles team are in the same pool. How do they match up.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how did you learn about team pride. Not many people have seen them play this year because I checked. What is the weakness of Tn Elite against team pride. Tn Elite and the Miles team are in the same pool. How do they match up.

Which TN Elite are you talking about? Miles or Jackson. I heard that TN Elite (Jackson) played 15u Pride this weekend and lost by two in overtime. i think TN Elite (Jackson) definately have a chance to win state.

Philtenn,

Obviously you know more about this team than I do. I knew that there was a core group of girls on this team with multiple State championships. I never mentioned a specific girl by name because I don't believe that one girl should ever single-handedly beat any team (although everyone on this board has seen that happen).

Maybe you got my post mixed up with one of your own where you stated, "She (Jasmine James) put her team on her back (she scored half the team's points) and won it for them. On her own, she erased a 12 point deficit and she put the James team in the lead for the first time since the opening minutes with 2 minutes left on the clock in regulation. I'm sure her teammates are feeling very fortunate to have such a talent on their team." This is a direct quote of a post you made after a particularly hard-won game. Interestingly, I credited Briana (a girl you didn't even mention) with lighting the MENTAL spark that set Jasmine on fire!

The point is that these girls have the experience (whether it be one, two, or three) of winning at States, and that creates high-expectations for themselves and their teammates. That type of attitude is infectious, and has proven so in the team's accomplishments thus far. And, of course, having JJ on the team won't hurt either. :thumb:

Good luck to all.

This will be my last post on this subject.

It is my opinion that it is not accurate to say that the Elite (James) team is 3-time state champs. Having one player who has been on 3 state championship teams is not a good enough criterion for anyone to legitimately make that claim for a whole team. Now, if you represent the James team, and I have assumed you don't, but if you do, and you want to make that claim, go right ahead. I thought I was correcting someone who was not with the team and had gotten bad information. Of course you have the right to disagree with me.

The use of the quote from my post is puzzling. Jasmine James is a great player and I expressed admiration for her ability to dominate a game. In my mind anyway, that still does not change the fact that using her resume to characterize the whole team is inappropriate and could potentially be considered belittling (even if unintentional) to the other players. It seems to me to be especially inappropriate when being used as evidence to back an assertion of how good the TEAM is. Again, if you represent the team, and you all do not feel it's a problem, then to each their own. If you are an outsider to the team, then you have my opinion. Finally, if my attempt to interpret the post is inaccurate and therefore not even an issue, then fine, there's no need for debate - you wrote the post. You know what you meant better than I do.

Personally, I have seen many teams dominated by a single great player. I never said there was something inherently wrong with that. I just said IF you were characterizing the Elite (James) that way, then, in my opinion, it was an incomplete assessement because it left out some important contributors. That's it. No offense intended.

Edited by philtenn

This will be my last post on this subject.

It is my opinion that it is not accurate to say that the Elite (James) team is 3-time state champs. Having one player who has been on 3 state championship teams is not a good enough criterion for anyone to legitimately make that claim for a whole team. Now, if you represent the James team, and I have assumed you don't, but if you do, and you want to make that claim, go right ahead. I thought I was correcting someone who was not with the team and had gotten bad information. Of course you have the right to disagree with me.

The use of the quote from my post is puzzling. Jasmine James is a great player and I expressed admiration for her ability to dominate a game. In my mind anyway, that still does not change the fact that using her resume to characterize the whole team is inappropriate and could potentially be considered belittling (even if unintentional) to the other players. It seems to me to be especially inappropriate when being used as evidence to back an assertion of how good the TEAM is. Again, if you represent the team, and you all do not feel it's a problem, then to each their own. If you are an outsider to the team, then you have my opinion. Finally, if my attempt to interpret the post is inaccurate and therefore not even an issue, then fine, there's no need for debate - you wrote the post. You know what you meant better than I do.

Personally, I have seen many teams dominated by a single great player. I never said there was something inherently wrong with that. I just said IF you were characterizing the Elite (James) that way, then, in my opinion, it was an incomplete assessement because it left out some important contributors. That's it. No offense intended.

I do not in any way represent this team, in fact my daughter does not play on this team. I am just a fan, and as such do not have inside information on the specifics of any girl. The intent of my original post is clear, and, therefore I will not belabor the point that I in no way made mention of any single player, but rather the team and its coach. My prediction was based primarily on the list of accomplishments this team has amassed so far this year, and I look forward to them adding the State Championship to that list. Then, who did what and how many times won't matter. ;)

I do not in any way represent this team, in fact my daughter does not play on this team. I am just a fan, and as such do not have inside information on the specifics of any girl. The intent of my original post is clear, and, therefore I will not belabor the point that I in no way made mention of any single player, but rather the team and its coach. My prediction was based primarily on the list of accomplishments this team has amassed so far this year, and I look forward to them adding the State Championship to that list. Then, who did what and how many times won't matter. :lol:

OHHH WHEEEE! U GO GIRL!