Best AA team in Tennessee.

str8stylin1

The best teams are going to be obvious. Where are all the state titles. I can only think of 2 teams off the top of my head. MILAN and ALCOA! i get tired of hearing about Huntingdon. They have won only 1 championship and that makes them the greatest team ever. sorry but milan has 3 AA tiles and 1 AAA title and milan and huntingdon have the same amount of students. Huntingdon is in the middle of nowhere so they get to be A in some sports. Alcoa has state titles from A so i dont even count them. If thye classes were like they are now Milan would have about 10-15 titles. look who put them out every year in the 80's-90's. MUS & Brentwood and the other private schools that recruited. not taking anything away from alcoa but they dont deserve the credit that they get. put them in 7-2 and they will lose at least 2 games. milan always plays west tennessee's best teams that is why i give them credit. Alcoa plays maryville and thats it. huntingdon is the same. I rather watch Alcoa come to Milan or Milan go to Alcoa every year for week 1. Then we can see who has what. Huntingdon Is not even in the same breath as Milan and Alcoa.

MY PICK FOR TOP 5 AA:

1. MILAN

2. ALCOA

3. HUNTINGDON

4. DCA

5. GOODPASTURE

You just might be the dumbest man that these forums have ever seen!!! To say Alcoa "doesn't count because they have A State Championships." Alcoa has domiated 2A for how long now? When was the last time Milan even played Alcoa for a gold ball??? If they can come within 3 points of beating Maryville then they will FOR SURE win 2A, you can take that to the bank!!!!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious. Who do you think will win 2A and why?

I put Goodpasture #1 and Aloca #2.

Goodpasture has almost the whole team coming back.

It is very hard to repeat in any classification because you have

a bullseye on you the entire season. Goodpasture has 7 good

running backs. They have a great defence this year. Alcoa lost

their great QB from last year and rely more on their running game

so it something you can key on. They are a great team but I just

don't think they have enough to beat Goodpasture this year.

Last time I checked Milan Has done something Alcoa HASNT!!! They beat Maryville. YES they beat them for the gold. 1977 LOOK IT UP. No knock on alcoa or huntingdon but i have watched my fair share of games. But alcoa has never beat Brentwood and wouldnt think about playing MUS. Them 2 teams put Milan out every year. Its kinda hard from "SEEING THE DIFFERENCE" between alcoa playing teams like milan has. Milan has played top team in states history. I would not ever think about saying that Alcoa can beat Brentwood Academy. I wouldnt say that about Milan either. They did twice and thats probably it. Alcoa would just be one of those bumps in the road just like anyone else. Alcoa had 2 good teams in a row no doubt. But you East Tennessee people think that west tennessee is a joke. what kind of green do you smoke. You on that bay. When have you ever come to a prestigious town like Milan or Huntingdon. They come out every week to knock heads off. yall play teams and think well we will put up 91 and show were the best. who did yall hicks beats? TSOD? Milan last friday just had there 2nd worst loss in 20 years. they choked. noone showed up to play. neither team. crockett county played their starters all game because they couldnt beat milan so when they started they put it to them. to bad you wouldnt play them in 2003-05. they would have done the same thing they always did. mark up the loss column. I love it to come in here and mess with huntingdon people they get so mad. dont forget 4-TIME STATE CHAMPS. 3AA TITLES 1AAATITLE BACK2BACK DIFFERENT CLASSES! noone has ever done it. Milan beat Maryville for state title in Alcoa how funny is that. Alcoa is GOOD but not GREAT. quit making it sound that way. That is just like USJ used to go around thinking that they were good. Win in A but not in AA. Quit cheating USJ got caught HUH? So I Am revising my TOP 5.

1. Milan

2. Huntingdon

3. Westview

4. Camden

5. Dresden

Oh I forgot about Alcoa. They might be there next time. Keep posting reviews disgracing West Tennessee. We have Alcoa's number Huntingdon might have loss in 2004 but Milan would have won. Ask huntingdon people yall were all highlights no real football. Milan will pick you up and smack yo' momma. :rolleyes:

WEST TENNESSEE HAS THE BEST FOOTBALL EAST TENNESSEE HAS 2 TEAMS

ALCOA AND MARYVILLE

VS

MILAN

HUNTINGDON

MELROSE

JCM

SOFORTHANDSOLONG

Rofl!!! You might be even dumber then the guy before you!!! Does that area of Milan/Huntington teach you all to be that dumb or are you all born that way?? How in the WORLD could you say Alcoa is not the best because of something that MIGHT have happened 30 years ago? Maybe your just so old that your lil old brain of yours doesn't function anymore? Quit talking like West TN football is better then East because it's not!!! Last year only ONE West team won the Gold Ball! Please don't waste anymore of our time, just read and learn about football because obviously you don't have a clue about what's going on kk? Thnx!!

Edited by HolySnap

volcamry42:

Looks like you know them (Goodpasture) well.

I know that Alcoa has 4 very good running backs and a very quick and talented QB. Their defense is amazingly fast. They cover everywhere (run and pass) on the field so very well. Alcoa played 4A powerhouse Maryville very close last week. I will be really surprised if they don't make it to the final 2A game.

Good luck to Goodpasture this season. Good chance both teams will run into each other.

volcamry42:

Looks like you know them (Goodpasture) well.

I know that Alcoa has 4 very good running backs and a very quick and talented QB. Their defense is amazingly fast. They cover everywhere (run and pass) on the field so very well. Alcoa played 4A powerhouse Maryville very close last week. I will be really surprised if they don't make it to the final 2A game.

Good luck to Goodpasture this season. Good chance both teams will run into each other.

I watched last year's championship game where Alcoa dominated Goodpasture. Taking into consideration that game and last Friday's game, I say Alcoa would dominate Goodpasture again. Alcoa is more of a team this year, and the qb is going to get much better after having the big game (Maryville-Alcoa) behind him. Alcoa's defense is awesome; the running backs are outstanding.

The best teams are going to be obvious. Where are all the state titles. I can only think of 2 teams off the top of my head. MILAN and ALCOA! i get tired of hearing about Huntingdon. They have won only 1 championship and that makes them the greatest team ever. sorry but milan has 3 AA tiles and 1 AAA title and milan and huntingdon have the same amount of students. Huntingdon is in the middle of nowhere so they get to be A in some sports. Alcoa has state titles from A so i dont even count them. If thye classes were like they are now Milan would have about 10-15 titles. look who put them out every year in the 80's-90's. MUS & Brentwood and the other private schools that recruited. not taking anything away from alcoa but they dont deserve the credit that they get. put them in 7-2 and they will lose at least 2 games. milan always plays west tennessee's best teams that is why i give them credit. Alcoa plays maryville and thats it. huntingdon is the same. I rather watch Alcoa come to Milan or Milan go to Alcoa every year for week 1. Then we can see who has what. Huntingdon Is not even in the same breath as Milan and Alcoa.

MY PICK FOR TOP 5 AA:

1. MILAN

2. ALCOA

3. HUNTINGDON

4. DCA

5. GOODPASTURE

You also underestimate Alcoa's historical success. Yes they have won 3 consecutive A titles but that was when there were only 3 classifications. But Alcoa has now won 4 AA titles. Hard to argue with their success. This year they are better than last year, so it would seem probable that they will be adding a 5 AA title this year.

I put Goodpasture #1 and Aloca #2.

Goodpasture has almost the whole team coming back.

It is very hard to repeat in any classification because you have

a bullseye on you the entire season. Goodpasture has 7 good

running backs. They have a great defence this year. Alcoa lost

their great QB from last year and rely more on their running game

so it something you can key on. They are a great team but I just

don't think they have enough to beat Goodpasture this year.

The Alcoa QB is going to be better than last year's QB. He is very quick and has a strong arm. All he needs is a little experience under his belt and he will be fine. By the time November gets here Randall Cobb will be a threat running the ball and perhaps an even greater threat throwing the ball.

As for the overall team, Alcoa is better than last year. They have more than enough players that are top notch talent. Rae Sykes, Brian Sommers, Kyrus Lanxter, and Shiverdecker are all being recruited by the likes of Tennessee, South Carolina, LSU, Florida State, Minnesota.....

Not to mention the fact that the defense is way better than last year. They are more physical and fast (just ask Maryville). If Alcoa can step up and hold Maryville scoreless in the 2nd half then I think they could contain any offense in AA.

I watched last year's championship game where Alcoa dominated Goodpasture. Taking into consideration that game and last Friday's game, I say Alcoa would dominate Goodpasture again. Alcoa is more of a team this year, and the qb is going to get much better after having the big game (Maryville-Alcoa) behind him. Alcoa's defense is awesome; the running backs are outstanding.

I'm not downing Alcoa at all. last year they were the team to beat. But ask anyone who saw Goodpasture play Camden or Hunington, The team that showed up for those games was not the team that showed up for the State game last year. The first series on defence alcoa was completely shut down. When a team fumbles a punt on the 20 yard line the next play against a team like alcoa, it takes a little bit of heart out you.

Goodpasture had the potential to make that a good game. And from what i'm seeing on here they may get another chance

I'm not downing Alcoa at all. last year they were the team to beat. But ask anyone who saw Goodpasture play Camden or Hunington, The team that showed up for those games was not the team that showed up for the State game last year. The first series on defence alcoa was completely shut down. When a team fumbles a punt on the 20 yard line the next play against a team like alcoa, it takes a little bit of heart out you.

Goodpasture had the potential to make that a good game. And from what i'm seeing on here they may get another chance

The competition out of Camden and Huntingdon this year will be much stiffer than last year. This ought to be aan awesome year for the playoffs. Especially if all these teams have made even more strides by playoff time.