polk vs. tellico

ricky_bobby

Theres no way. Polk wins a close one 21-13 or somewhere along those lines. This isnt the same Tellico as in recent history. This year the Bears are experienced up front and in the backfield and from what I've seen are very capable of playing good, solid defense. If you look at the two schools this year their schemes are almost identical: use what athletes you've got to play defense and smashmouth football, relying on your athletes to turn 3 yards runs into 30 yard runs. This could be a good game IF TELLICO SHOWS UP.

All they have to do is show up - this will be a close game. Polk has coasted through so far - not much intensity. We will see if the mighty toweltoter can get em up for this one. B)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well polk has always had a game that they just dont play for its like a curse on them.. there is a lot goin on in polk for their players to get their thought off the game.. im not sure if they can play like they did against east ridge but surely they can still pull off the win after all they are "good"........... :thumb: right?? or is this team over-rated

well polk has always had a game that they just dont play for its like a curse on them.. there is a lot goin on in polk for their players to get their thought off the game.. im not sure if they can play like they did against east ridge but surely they can still pull off the win after all they are "good"........... :thumb: right?? or is this team over-rated

OVER RATED? That saying goes to the Hustlin Tigers of Howard!! Polk will win 24-13 or somethin like that. It'll be 7-3 Tellico at the Half then "Mr. Derrick Davis" will get the ole Wildcats fired up and they will come out and roll 21 un answered points in the first couple min of the half and breeze by with it.

Don't get me wrong yall, i'm not trying to show Howard up but Notre Dame lost a lot last year and for Howard to only score 2 points against them, come on. I look for Meigs to beat N.D. 26-21 and Polk to beat Howard 27-22 and the 2006 Region 3-3A Champion to be determined in Decatur in Week 7 with the Cats and the Tigers.

OVER RATED? That saying goes to the Hustlin Tigers of Howard!! Polk will win 24-13 or somethin like that. It'll be 7-3 Tellico at the Half then "Mr. Derrick Davis" will get the ole Wildcats fired up and they will come out and roll 21 un answered points in the first couple min of the half and breeze by with it.

Don't get me wrong yall, i'm not trying to show Howard up but Notre Dame lost a lot last year and for Howard to only score 2 points against them, come on. I look for Meigs to beat N.D. 26-21 and Polk to beat Howard 27-22 and the 2006 Region 3-3A Champion to be determined in Decatur in Week 7 with the Cats and the Tigers.

This mans got his heart right and knows what he's talkin bout.

hey I know.. Roberts v.s. Cain! Oughta be a good QB show!!

Good point. This one comes down to match up problems on the outside. Last year Meigs was successful through the air and with a better running game this year I think they will fare pretty well. Key match-up: Tigers recievers vs. Irish secondary. The Tigers have about 4 or 5 guys that run good routs, find an open spot, and can elevate to the ball and make the catch in traffic. Other key areas: depth and experience. Meigs will have to, as usual, play with 15-17 players out of a roster of forty. It wont be as bad this year because ND was hit hard by graduation. This is 21's Region 3-3a Game of the Week.

no way polk will be down in this game at all.. i hope their D will get a shut-out cause this is the only chance they will get.... polk 21-0, 3-0 overall, 2-0 in region headin to grundy.. and if it comes down the mr. davis havin to get his team pumped up to play in a homecoming region game that is freakin pathetic!!! surely they have some senior leaders... or did they lose all of em last year like every1 is sayin??? empire have you gone crazy??? im mean 7-3 at the half will polk down in this 1... if your right i will find out who you are and kiss your feet like a king.. (i hope to the good lord almighty your wrong though)

I'm tired of all these people talkin bad about polk...they've been playing good ball from the first of the pre-season. They're one team that never quits even if their down. I've seen Polk go head-to-head with school like Baylor and Cleveland and not back down. They have a very good program and have had one for the past few years. My hats off to Coach Davis and his staff for doing such a great job. Everyone has picked against Polk since they lost all those seniors last year, and said that this season would be a "rebuilding" year, but in my opinion Polk has just reloaded and will show up and play classic Polk County football like they always have.

-tnmaniac

Edited by tnmaniac

I'm tired of all these people talkin bad about polk... My hats off to Coach Davis and his staff for doing such a great job....in my opinion Polk has just reloaded and will show up and play classic Polk County football like they always have.

-tnmaniac

Don't yell at me son.

Classic - Since when? Does one or two decent years make a team classic?

We'll see if towel boy can get em up for Friday nite or if this will be the let down everyone has predicted. Seems to me haltime might just be too late. :D

I'm tired of all these people talkin bad about polk...they've been playing good ball from the first of the pre-season. They're one team that never quits even if their down. I've seen Polk go head-to-head with school like Baylor and Cleveland and not back down. They have a very good program and have had one for the past few years. My hats off to Coach Davis and his staff for doing such a great job. Everyone has picked against Polk since they lost all those seniors last year, and said that this season would be a "rebuilding" year, but in my opinion Polk has just reloaded and will show up and play classic Polk County football like they always have.

-tnmaniac

ok pal! i'm already tired of your b.s. I'm one of the biggest Polk fans around, so if you wanna talk, you tell me and i'll meet you somewhere and we can settle this,. But if someone wants to bash Polk let them, I dont care and i'm pretty sure D.Davis don't because me and him both think a like, bring your on and we will let the score board do the chatting.. Polk 2006 Region Champs. GET SOME!!!!!!

Edited by robjim

ok pal! i'm already tired of your b.s. I'm one of the biggest Polk fans around, so if you wanna talk, you tell me and i'll meet you somewhere and we can settle this,. But if someone wants to bash Polk let them, I dont care and i'm pretty sure D.Davis don't because me and him both think a like, bring your on and we will let the score board do the chatting.. Polk 2006 Region Champs. GET SOME!!!!!!

Derrik Davis does a great job in Polk Co, and this is coming from a Meigs fan. Keep up the good work Coach D.

Edited by robjim

As in my previous post, I was stating how Polk has worked so hard this year, those guys have really laid it on the line, and have been coached very well...and if you didnt notice Empire I also am a very big fan of Polk Co...I just hate coming on these forums and instead of focusing on the game and how hard all these young men from across the state have worked this year, all I seem to read is trash talking from one team to the next. It's really sad to think about because I've seen how much time and effort all these young men put into this sport and we people as fans can't even show some class, support, and respect to them. By the way, good post Rt-21CBTrap, I'm also looking forward to when we play you guys, its always a great game. On a different note, I wish Polk Co. the best on Friday night I hope they come out of that game 3-0. Go Wildcats

Edited by tnmaniac