Lexington @ Southside

montague1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played against McNairy Central (we won 38-7) & Crockett Co. (we lost in the quarterfinals 9-7) that year. McNairy was unbeaten and ranked #1 in the state that year before we went over there and played our school's best ever all around game to beat them. The next week we played a very good Crockett Co. team that like cavcav said lost 27-21 to Austin East in the state title game. They lead us 6-0 the entire night it seemed until we finally put a drive together and scored with less than two minutes remaining to take a 7-6 lead. They drove it down the field soon thereafter and a freshman kicker by the name of Alberto Diaz hit a 30+ yd. FG to give them a 9-7 win. Now I can't comment on how Crockett lost to McNairy that year. Maybe Browder played out of his mind that night. Maybe the Cavs were without Pitts or Stitts that same night. Who knows???? All I do know is that was Crockett's best team ever and they didn't walk away with the gold. They did get further than last year's Lexington team, who was also the best ever for that school, but they still didn't get it done. Therefore as I made in my original post on this topic: CROCKETT COUNTY FANS HAVE NO RIGHT TO CLOWN ON TEAMS LIKE LEXINGTON BECAUSE YOU ARE BOTH DESCRIBED THE SAME WAY IN MY MIND (GOOD PLAYOFF FOOTBALL PROGRAMS THAT HAVE YET TO WIN THE BIG ONE).

hey I rember making the kick it was 37 yards I wish we would have won state that year but austin east was really good too