What is the deal with Jefferson County BBall

IamKing

Why does Jefferson County boys basketball s-ck? One of the largest high schools in east tennessee and you are telling me a decent team can't be fielded?

Everyone on here complains about JC football, but if i remember correctly, the BBall team and Fball team have won about the same # of games the past two seasons. Pretty sad. Could this be an institutional problem? Some one please share.

Edited by IamKing

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does Jefferson County boys basketball s-ck? One of the largest high schools in east tennessee and you are telling me a decent team can't be fielded?

Everyone on here complains about JC football, but if i remember correctly, the BBall team and Fball team have won about the same # of games the past two seasons. Pretty sad. Could this be an institutional problem? Some one please share.

I do agree We went 5-22 last year we have great talent bn not enough dedication. I am really taking into concideration of transferring. I have also heard that there is to be a Coaching change but who I heard who was comming Im not excited.

Edited by JCHSBaller55

I do agree We went 5-22 last year we have great talent bn not enough dedication. I am really taking into concideration of transferring. I have also heard that there is to be a Coaching change but who I heard who was comming Im not excited.

BBall55, havent there been problems with transfers in the past, oglesby and perkins to name a couple? Who have you heard that would be a replacement should sinard leave/get replaced? Will this happen this year or after the season is over? I think Delozier at Maury or France at Rush Strong could do good things with the freshman talent at Jeffersn County.

I went to Maury with Matt Perkins and Tarrence Oglesby, Tarence moved to Bradley Central, Matt followed suit. Their transfeers seemed flawless, I still talk to Matt and he wan'ts me to move there. I'm a 6'6 Sophomore that needs a better place to play. I have heard Chris Watkins Maury's curent coach. Don't get me wrong he is a great coach but lacks leadership to coach High School. I have also heard Bronson Who is a coach at White Pine will be the next. I played for Coach D at Maury and WOULD stay for Coach D and Matt said he would come back.

Snowman, I know that Jefferson County has three standout players in the freshman class this season, Jacob Lanning, Shane Gann and Austin Collins, as well as some good role players.

You add that with some players off last year's team like Tyler Stepp, Zach Long, Jesse Brown etc and there is no way in heck that a decent coach couldn't double their eight-win total from the past two seasons. Take it for what its worth.

Well you can take me the 6'6 Sophomore out of the picture. Coach cut me Last Night. Nothing aginst you and your opinions but Stepp is weak. I give him thatr he can rebound and block shots but not a presence in the paint. Im 270 6'6 and I can stay and play with slimmer posts like Jay Renolds and Stepp himself. There is something going on in Coach Sinards office Players should know about.

Edited by JCHSBaller55

Oh I'm not saying stepp is all world. I've said all along he isn't physical enough. I was hoping football would toughin him up but I guess not if you are right. Sorry to hear about you getting cut though baller, I've seen Sinard do a lot of questionable cuts and keeps there over the years so doesn't surprise me at all.