9AAA the best in midstate

14pioneers

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are not struggling. They are a very good team. It's just that so is Smyrna. We'll just have to see what happens next week. I'm sure they will rebound from the loss.

If I'm not mistaken they have lost two in a row and it could have been three? MJ bet Smyrna by 22

I agree both WC and Smyrna are good teams, Smyrna was better tonight.

Tonights game can be summed up in a few words...poor effort. It appeared as if thier was no drive or heart out their for WC. This is probably just an off night and im sure the girls will be back and ready when tuesday rolls around. As for what has been said by quiesedba WC usually has a strong post advantage over the teams it plays tonight it did not, Smyrna has two very capable post players. WC must learn from tonights game and go foward. Gallatin will be a tough team to beat but im sure the staff will have the girls ready to go. Its to early to label WC a sinking ship i wouldnt say they are struggling just an off night pleanty of time to correct the problems. Congrats to smyrna on a very hard fought victory.

They are struggling for what ever reason, I'm sure they will get it together......But to lose to Smyrna by 6 while MJ beat Smyrna by 22? And tonight beat BEech soundly. They deserve to be 1

Congrats to the Lady Bears on a big win @ Beech. I just saw the box score of this game and what a first half MJ had! :(

Great game for the Lady Bears, 10-0 in the first couple of minutes. 45 - 12 at the half.

AMAZING Guard play from Becca Sharpe and Miaca Bowman, just incredible display of assists, passing, defense...set the table for everybody especially Jordan Nixon (26 points) And also kudos to Heather Miller at Post for her tough-nosed over-achieving play

MJ is Showtime!!!

:(

Edited by MJ AND BEYOND

Tonights game can be summed up in a few words...poor effort. It appeared as if thier was no drive or heart out their for WC. This is probably just an off night and im sure the girls will be back and ready when tuesday rolls around. As for what has been said by quiesedba WC usually has a strong post advantage over the teams it plays tonight it did not, Smyrna has two very capable post players. WC must learn from tonights game and go foward. Gallatin will be a tough team to beat but im sure the staff will have the girls ready to go. Its to early to label WC a sinking ship i wouldnt say they are struggling just an off night pleanty of time to correct the problems. Congrats to smyrna on a very hard fought victory.

:(

Somebody on WC better go to Chemistry class.

Looks like they miss Calhoun more than they expected, but there is still a lot of season left and they may find the right combination before it's all said and done. Farmer is not as flashy as some of the other guards, but she seems to hit open 3's, play fairly steady, and know what her role is. Burroughs seems to be a bit out of control at times.

Looks like they miss Calhoun more than they expected, but there is still a lot of season left and they may find the right combination before it's all said and done. Farmer is not as flashy as some of the other guards, but she seems to hit open 3's, play fairly steady, and know what her role is. Burroughs seems to be a bit out of control at times.

Was Christopher a no-show tonight?

They are struggling for what ever reason, I'm sure they will get it together......But to lose to Smyrna by 6 while MJ beat Smyrna by 22? And tonight beat BEech soundly. They deserve to be 1

Everyone keeps talking about what happened earlier in the year.Don't rest on that and comparative scores. The Smyrna Team is not the same young and inexperienced girls they were when they played MJ earlier in the year. This is why you practice,to correct your mistakes and define your strengths and weaknesses.No one has ever won a state championship in Nov. There was not a single time after any of Smyrna'[s losses that anyone came on here and made excuses as to why they lost.They excepted that the other team played better and went back to work, when there were excuses that could have been posted.Anyone that has watched them play and knows anything about the game has to see the difference in the intensity of this team on defense now as compared to earlier in the year. They have played two of the supposely top three teams in the state and held each to their lowest point total this year. Also both teams have probably 2 of the 3 top canidates (the 3rd Jasmine White) for Miss Basketball,and Smyrna has held them both to their lowest point total this year.Don't Make Excuses when you lose give the other team credit and get better. MJ I will say this, you guys pose the biggest matchup problems because of your team speed, against the big teams in the district. But do not rest on that 22 point win that was then this is now.Great game last night WC. Last nights game proved only one thing it will be a dog fight until the end among the big three in 9AAA.Play hard and good luck too all. :thumb::thumb:

If MJ Wins the district, Chris Fryer should get coach of the year. Not just in the district, but in the state. They lost 3 starters from last year to graduation. Ones who started on the state championship team. One starter left to go to another school. Their top compitition. Now just before district starts to heat up, the last returning starter is out with an ACL. None of the 5 starters now were starters last year. Bowman started a couple of games, but she wasn't considered a starter. I know it's still a little early, but they are in first now.

This years team has the best gard play that I have seen since MJ had Satterfield and Gross.

Edited by Bates Water Gardens

Everyone keeps talking about what happened earlier in the year.Don't rest on that and comparative scores. The Smyrna Team is not the same young and inexperienced girls they were when they played MJ earlier in the year. This is why you practice,to correct your mistakes and define your strengths and weaknesses.No one has ever won a state championship in Nov. There was not a single time after any of Smyrna'[s losses that anyone came on here and made excuses as to why they lost.They excepted that the other team played better and went back to work, when there were excuses that could have been posted.Anyone that has watched them play and knows anything about the game has to see the difference in the intensity of this team on defense now as compared to earlier in the year. They have played two of the supposely top three teams in the state and held each to their lowest point total this year. Also both teams have probably 2 of the 3 top canidates (the 3rd Jasmine White) for Miss Basketball,and Smyrna has held them both to their lowest point total this year.Don't Make Excuses when you lose give the other team credit and get better. MJ I will say this, you guys pose the biggest matchup problems because of your team speed, against the big teams in the district. But do not rest on that 22 point win that was then this is now.Great game last night WC. Last nights game proved only one thing it will be a dog fight until the end among the big three in 9AAA.Play hard and good luck too all. ;):thumb:

So we should plan to win the next Smyrna game by 12 and you will be okay with that? You do realize that MJ is not standing still, even with Taylor Hall out, right?

:D

Just playing...congrats to Smyrna, you might notice that on other posts I predicted that WC would get burned by superior guard play and overall team speed. I have not seen the mighty kitties this year but others have and noticed WC a bit slow perhaps. Could be depending on Post play a bit too much, we will see.

Go Bears! :thumb: