Lincoln Co vs Lawrence Co

persistant

In comparison to what? District 7AAA?

I take back what I said. I guess it is an unfair comparison. I was not comparing them to dist 7. I have mostly seen dist 8 & 9. I've seen everyone in dist 8 but Shelbyville. I have seen everyone in dist 9 but Hendersonville. I have kept up with Shelbyville and believe that there are 4 teams in dist 9 that are as good as or better than them. Dist 8 edges out Dist 7 for maybe the second best in Middle Tennessee.

Edited by Bates Water Gardens

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lady Cats played probably what I would consider their most complete game as a team last night. While they still made some of the small mistakes, they put together a great defensive effort, holding Savannah Hill to 11 points, 7 of which came from the free throw line. Just like after every game, these young ladies have some things to improve upon, and you can bet they will be in the gym working hard for the next two days to prepare for another huge district battle on Friday night. I know there is not a single team in the district that this group of talented young ladies cannot beat. I try to never blame any game on the refs, so I am not blaming this game on the officiating alone. The calls were inconsistent throughout the game, however I am guessing the TSSAA has made a new rule stating that AFTER the ball has been inbounded, the OPPOSING team's coach can call a timeout. I wasn't aware this could happen, but last night, AFTER the Lawrence County player had already dribbled the ball, the referee allowed the Lincoln County coach to call a timeout. I won't sit around and blame this loss on the three 'neutral' officials; the Lady Cats still have room for improvement, but I am so proud of the way the girls stepped up and played as a team. Keep your heads up, ladies! You have nothing to be down about...there are still BIG games left to win. Good luck Lady Cats! :thumb:

The Lady Cats played probably what I would consider their most complete game as a team last night. While they still made some of the small mistakes, they put together a great defensive effort, holding Savannah Hill to 11 points, 7 of which came from the free throw line. Just like after every game, these young ladies have some things to improve upon, and you can bet they will be in the gym working hard for the next two days to prepare for another huge district battle on Friday night. I know there is not a single team in the district that this group of talented young ladies cannot beat. I try to never blame any game on the refs, so I am not blaming this game on the officiating alone. The calls were inconsistent throughout the game, however I am guessing the TSSAA has made a new rule stating that AFTER the ball has been inbounded, the OPPOSING team's coach can call a timeout. I wasn't aware this could happen, but last night, AFTER the Lawrence County player had already dribbled the ball, the referee allowed the Lincoln County coach to call a timeout. I won't sit around and blame this loss on the three 'neutral' officials; the Lady Cats still have room for improvement, but I am so proud of the way the girls stepped up and played as a team. Keep your heads up, ladies! You have nothing to be down about...there are still BIG games left to win. Good luck Lady Cats! :thumb:

I'll bet ya that he called the timeout and the ref is the one who messed up by not calling it before the ball was inbounded. Not taking away from your comments but your right this district is tough night in and night out between the top 4-5 teams in it. Good win for the lady falcons.

The ball had not been given to the player when the coach had tried to call time out. I was sitting right behind the coach. The whistle was blown before it was thrown in, but after it was given to the player.

The ball had not been given to the player when the coach had tried to call time out. I was sitting right behind the coach. The whistle was blown before it was thrown in, but after it was given to the player.

well, you say you were sitting right behind the coach; apparently, the coach was blocking your view because every other person in the gym saw the Lawrence County player dribble the ball BEFORE the time out was charged.

Edited by wildcat2004

well, you say you were sitting right behind the coach; apparently, the coach was blocking your view because every other person in the gym saw the Lawrence County player dribble the ball BEFORE the time out was charged.

The ball was inbounded from the baseline. So, no he wasn't blocking my view.

Also, Hill was held to 11 points because she spent about half the game on the bench. I'm not taking anything away from Lawrence Co. They played a good game.

Edited by Bates Water Gardens

The ball was inbounded from the baseline. So, no he wasn't blocking my view.

Also, Hill was held to 11 points because she spent about half the game on the bench. I'm not taking anything away from Lawrence Co. They played a good game.

Yes, I knew that the ball was inbounded from the baseline. That doesn't change the fact that the Lawrence County player dribbled it in front of the Lincoln County bench before the timeout was called.

The other part of your post is completely contradictory. You are blaming Hill's time on the floor for her lack of scoring, yet you say you aren't taking anything away from Lawrence County. Hill was held to 11 points due to the tenacious defense of the Lady Cats. Either way, it is over until Round 2 on February 6, and a lot of good basketball takes place between now and then. Good luck Lady Cats!

Yes, I knew that the ball was inbounded from the baseline. That doesn't change the fact that the Lawrence County player dribbled it in front of the Lincoln County bench before the timeout was called.

The other part of your post is completely contradictory. You are blaming Hill's time on the floor for her lack of scoring, yet you say you aren't taking anything away from Lawrence County. Hill was held to 11 points due to the tenacious defense of the Lady Cats. Either way, it is over until Round 2 on February 6, and a lot of good basketball takes place between now and then. Good luck Lady Cats!

That wasn't a contradictory. They did play a good game. But Hill spent almost half of the game on the bench and still got 11 points.

So this time out cost Lawrence County the game? Both teams played great...with class, More than I see here.......

So this time out cost Lawrence County the game? Both teams played great...with class, More than I see here.......

I never said that this call changed the outcome of the game, nor did I ever say that both teams didn't play great. I try to never blame a game on officiating, and this is no different. The girls have some areas of improvement to work on, and they will come out ready to play again.

Both teams played well, and I agree, both teams played with great class in a very hard-fought game. Never once was I using that call as an excuse for the loss. I just did not think this was a call that should ever be made by any qualified referee. I also understand that officials do make mistakes. This topic has been stretched far enough.

Bottom line - I am so very proud of the intensity and heart that the Lady Cats played with last night. Keep it up, ladies! Good luck Friday night at Franklin County!