Rachel Lockhart #11 "Player of the Week"

SNIPER

Do you think think that is something that interferes with the team playing as a team?

Do you think it drives them as a team to be better as a team?

I'm not asking if she deserved, I know she did or she would not have received it. She a Wonderful ballplayer, as well as student, and most importain she is a very caring person alway putting others first before herself.

Way to go Rachel Lockhart

Boy! nobody wants to comment on this. I had heard that some thought it might cause some of the girls to play a little harder.

The girls have had the Sonic player of the week, but the board on the wall has not been used since the year after if was put up, after Sara Kell was done. I believe that is correct.

Sniper, are you trying to play mind games with these 15, 16, and 17 year old girls? These girls have enough things going on in their life. Every one of the girls play their hardest. Their not worried about being "player of the week", its the parents that are worried about their girl being "player of the week."

Sit back and let the girls play ball.

Everybody is proud of Rachel. The entire team was ecstatic!! However, everyone overly "recognizing" the "players-of-the-week" is just going to spark "me-ball" and cause nothing but strife and discontent in the players attitudes. If you really want to help, encourage the whole team to play as a team, respect the coaches, and to strive for perfection in everything they do. not just basketball.

Boy! nobody wants to comment on this. I had heard that some thought it might cause some of the girls to play a little harder.

Oh I'll comment...It seems to me that you are the ONLY person who is so hung up on this "player of the week"!! Also, my feelings are that the girls are going to play their hardest, but definately not just for player of the week award. They just want to win, and that's all they have on their mind. Not who is getting on the "glory." So girls keep playing your game! Everyone is behind yall 100%!