Metro Nashville Middle School Tourneys

cobrafan90

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Feb 17 2007 - 02:02 PM) 826376346[/snapback]JFK beat Hill by about 15 and beat MLK in the western finals by about 7. MLK was okay but not nearly as good as everyone said they would be. MLK has a center thats pretty good but no other key players that stood out. MLK looked to prefer a slow paced game and they definately achieved that but it back fired as JFK was ready for the test. Good games to come next Tuesday and Wednesday at Cameron. By the way, Cameron should have never gotten this host site. Horrible for parking. Officers were towing cars all night long.

Thats BS, they shouldn't be towing. Metro when will they learn. why else is anybody even over there.........All that crime over there and they are worried about where cars are being parked...................alright back to the subject.

Final Four, Haynes (1) Brick Church (2), JFK(1), MLK (2)

Should be Haynes vs. JFK I'm goin w/ Haynes...............that guard they have is TOUGH!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(cobrafan90 @ Feb 19 2007 - 12:57 PM) 826379255[/snapback]Thats BS, they shouldn't be towing. Metro when will they learn. why else is anybody even over there.........All that crime over there and they are worried about where cars are being parked...................alright back to the subject.

Final Four, Haynes (1) Brick Church (2), JFK(1), MLK (2)

Should be Haynes vs. JFK I'm goin w/ Haynes...............that guard they have is TOUGH!

Oh I agree that they should have better things to worry about. They should have known that parking would be an issue and will be this week too. I also agree that it should be Haynes and JFK in the championship game. Havent seen Haynes play a whole game yet but their guard is really good. Seems like he definately carries his team. Should be a good game, just depends on which team is on that night. I think that if these two played ten times it would be an even 5-5.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Feb 19 2007 - 06:07 PM) 826379714[/snapback]Oh I agree that they should have better things to worry about. They should have known that parking would be an issue and will be this week too. I also agree that it should be Haynes and JFK in the championship game. Havent seen Haynes play a whole game yet but their guard is really good. Seems like he definately carries his team. Should be a good game, just depends on which team is on that night. I think that if these two played ten times it would be an even 5-5.

Haynes and JFK should meet in the championship, that will be a good game. JFK has good guard play as well as Haynes.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(Coach Boyd @ Feb 20 2007 - 09:25 AM) 826380777[/snapback]Haynes and JFK should meet in the championship, that will be a good game. JFK has good guard play as well as Haynes.

Looks like its MLK and JFK in the finals. MLK needs to have a new game plan in order to win, JFK just needs to stay focused and not get stunk into a slow paced game. JFK also needs to avoid foul trouble.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Feb 21 2007 - 11:33 AM) 826382784[/snapback]Looks like its MLK and JFK in the finals. MLK needs to have a new game plan in order to win, JFK just needs to stay focused and not get stunk into a slow paced game. JFK also needs to avoid foul trouble.

Boy was I wrong.............

Congrats to MLK on beating Haynes.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(cobrafan90 @ Feb 21 2007 - 12:47 PM) 826382923[/snapback]Boy was I wrong.............

Congrats to MLK on beating Haynes.

Haynes did not start their 6'3" center. They fell behind 8-0 in the first quarter and never recovered. Dont know why the center did not start but it sounds to me that Haynes was a little too confident, cocky, in their approach to this game. Several sources have said that Haynes coach was heard on numerous times belittleing opponents and saying things like: Why do we have to play Brick Church again, we'll just beat them for a third time. " Maybe Haynes thought they could win without their center and be able to save him for the championship game. Someone shed some light here.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Feb 21 2007 - 01:46 PM) 826383030[/snapback]Haynes did not start their 6'3" center. They fell behind 8-0 in the first quarter and never recovered. Dont know why the center did not start but it sounds to me that Haynes was a little too confident, cocky, in their approach to this game. Several sources have said that Haynes coach was heard on numerous times belittleing opponents and saying things like: Why do we have to play Brick Church again, we'll just beat them for a third time. " Maybe Haynes thought they could win without their center and be able to save him for the championship game. Someone shed some light here.

If that was the case, He better think again. Haynes barely beat Brick Church for 3rd place.......................

Congrats to JFK, clearly the best team in the city this yr. Haynes was good, but coaching.............................and outside shooting.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(cobrafan90 @ Feb 22 2007 - 07:17 AM) 826384143[/snapback]If that was the case, He better think again. Haynes barely beat Brick Church for 3rd place.......................

Congrats to JFK, clearly the best team in the city this yr. Haynes was good, but coaching.............................and outside shooting.

Congrats to JFK. MLK got behind 8-0 in the first quarter and couldnt ever come back. JFK's Walters lit it up last night as he caught fire early. Congrats to MLK on a great year, 18-2 isnt too shabby. Also congrats to their center for tournament MVP.

Cobra---different topic but what do you think about Graham getting snubbed for Mr. basketball. Im not a WC fan but the kid seems to have it all.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Feb 22 2007 - 09:19 AM) 826384301[/snapback]Congrats to JFK. MLK got behind 8-0 in the first quarter and couldnt ever come back. JFK's Walters lit it up last night as he caught fire early. Congrats to MLK on a great year, 18-2 isnt too shabby. Also congrats to their center for tournament MVP.

Cobra---different topic but what do you think about Graham getting snubbed for Mr. basketball. Im not a WC fan but the kid seems to have it all.

It was a crowded group for Mr. Basketball. They also left off a kid from Science Hill. Of course I would Argue for Graham. Hopefully he'll use it as motivation and it will carry them all the way. Football has helped him become a better basketball player. The previous three yrs, he always had some injury during the season. This year has been injury free. knick-knack injury-free I should say. The weight training has helped his body take a lot of body contact.

Yes the kid for JFK was outstanding. JFK was to quick for MLK's normally reliable man-man defense. JFK was very aggressive from the outset. Nailing two 3's and as you said never looked back.

MLK's center shouldn't have been MVP, he didn't finish well this game around the basket and wasn't much of a factor. I expected much more out of him since he started last yr as a 7th grader.