NE Tennessee team at Commando Classic

statman3

Unicoi County played Mt. Juliet for their first game and lost I’m not sure what the score was though. They play Stone Memorial for their 2nd game and really showed what they had and won 6-2. Riverdale was their third game and they lost 6-0. They then played Munford in the first round of the tournament and lost 7-5. They umpire made a horrible call causing the tying run to score. Munford then came back to score two more runs but I really think Erwin had a big chance of winning. They had to put a 3rd string catcher in after Lauren Hopson hurt her back Friday and Whitley Hensley broke her hand hitting. They really played well all around; they just faced really hard teams. The only things I have to complain about are the unfriendly parents and rude teams. When Whitley got hit in the hand Riverdale parents were making rude comments and calling her a "Cry baby" That is the 3rd time she has broke her hand and she still keep hitting. Some of the other team's girls were very rude and unfriendly but other than that it was a good tournament and a fabulous experience for the girls.

QUOTE(sftballfever @ Mar 18 2007 - 07:17 PM) 826416588[/snapback]Unicoi County played Mt. Juliet for their first game and lost I’m not sure what the score was though. They play Stone Memorial for their 2nd game and really showed what they had and won 6-2. Riverdale was their third game and they lost 6-0. They then played Munford in the first round of the tournament and lost 7-5. They umpire made a horrible call causing the tying run to score. Munford then came back to score two more runs but I really think Erwin had a big chance of winning. They had to put a 3rd string catcher in after Lauren Hopson hurt her back Friday and Whitley Hensley broke her hand hitting. They really played well all around; they just faced really hard teams. The only things I have to complain about are the unfriendly parents and rude teams. When Whitley got hit in the hand Riverdale parents were making rude comments and calling her a "Cry baby" That is the 3rd time she has broke her hand and she still keep hitting. Some of the other team's girls were very rude and unfriendly but other than that it was a good tournament and a fabulous experience for the girls.

I know Whitley, and there is no "cry-baby" in that child. She is as tough as they get. I hate to hear that she has re-injured her hand. I know she broke both hands (one hitting and one fielding) at different points in the last year. She has a big heart for the game and it will be tough on her sitting out, but hopefully she will take the time to let it heal realizing that she has several years of softball ahead of her.

QUOTE(statman3 @ Mar 17 2007 - 09:29 PM) 826415637[/snapback]Morristown West, Science Hill, Dobyns Bennett, Unicoi County.....How did their weekend go?

I think I have been able to piece it all together with the exception of the Science Hill/Springhill game in Saturday pool play. Can anyone help me out with a score?

QUOTE(statman3 @ Mar 18 2007 - 08:46 PM) 826416745[/snapback]I know Whitley, and there is no "cry-baby" in that child. She is as tough as they get. I hate to hear that she has re-injured her hand. I know she broke both hands (one hitting and one fielding) at different points in the last year. She has a big heart for the game and it will be tough on her sitting out, but hopefully she will take the time to let it heal realizing that she has several years of softball ahead of her.

Yes Whitley does have a big heart for the game but fortunatly another doctor told her that it wasn't broke and that she could play so she is now playing left field and stilll hitting. She is being careful with it though.