Tennessean writes...

soccer7

According to an article in the Tennessean:

Toughest road to Murfreesboro

1. Macon County baseball (24-10): Today’s opponent, DCA, won the 8-AA regular season before finishing runner-up to Goodpasture and will be led by MTSU signee Tyler Acker.

2. Lawrence Co. baseball (22-9): The regular season 8-AAA champion draws Oakland (40-1), which is ranked No. 2 in the week’s USA Today Super 25 poll.

3. Region 5-AAA softball runner-up: Runner-up between Rossview, Beech, Mt. Juliet and Dickson County will likely face Brentwood in an elimination game.

4. Livingston Academy boys soccer (12-3): Reward for winning 7-A/AA tournament? Facing Portland (16-3-1) in a region semifinal after the Panthers slipped up against Station Camp.

5. Clarksville boys soccer (10-10-1): Wilson Central will be looking for a rematch against Hendersonville in the region final.

I can't speak for Clarksville because I don't know their opponents, but Livingston has a tough road coming if they get past Portland. Thoughts?

QUOTE(soccer7 @ May 14 2007 - 03:46 PM) 826459002[/snapback]According to an article in the Tennessean:

Toughest road to Murfreesboro

1. Macon County baseball (24-10): Today’s opponent, DCA, won the 8-AA regular season before finishing runner-up to Goodpasture and will be led by MTSU signee Tyler Acker.

2. Lawrence Co. baseball (22-9): The regular season 8-AAA champion draws Oakland (40-1), which is ranked No. 2 in the week’s USA Today Super 25 poll.

3. Region 5-AAA softball runner-up: Runner-up between Rossview, Beech, Mt. Juliet and Dickson County will likely face Brentwood in an elimination game.

4. Livingston Academy boys soccer (12-3): Reward for winning 7-A/AA tournament? Facing Portland (16-3-1) in a region semifinal after the Panthers slipped up against Station Camp.

5. Clarksville boys soccer (10-10-1): Wilson Central will be looking for a rematch against Hendersonville in the region final.

I can't speak for Clarksville because I don't know their opponents, but Livingston has a tough road coming if they get past Portland. Thoughts?

The hardest part will be getting past Portland, not S.C., and not necessarily because one team is better than the other, but because this is an elimination round, and the region final isn't. Teams play differently when they are playing for survival.

QUOTE(soccer7 @ May 14 2007 - 05:56 PM) 826459034[/snapback]Actually the toughest game on the way to state would be the sectional. Where the region winner and loser will likely meet CSAS, CCS, Boyd, or Notre Dame.

Yeah i believe livingston is going to prove they are gonna step and take the challenge. Portland will be tough but i think livingston will have a slight advantage cuz of their small field