Catholic v Pigeon Forge

mrudder

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(gridironguy @ May 19 2007 - 06:31 AM) 826462673[/snapback]Is this Pigeon Forge team really that much different from the one Catholic defeated 3-1 in the sectional last year?

I think so, but I am not sure.

I still would love to hear more details about the PF vs. Eliz. game.

Big G..PF went into the Elizabethton game a little overconfident came out flatfooted and they scored two quick goals and PF got a little frustrated. THe refs were terrible missing an offsides call that they kid was off by 5 yards and calling a rediculous foul inside the box leaving to a PK. But the refs weren't the reason PF lost we didn't deserve to win by the way we played. Also the refs will let Eliz get away with a lot of fouls from behind and they will call it on your team Big G. Their fans are terrible and Eliz plays with very little class. CAK watch out for #4 good skills strong shot from outside. #9 I am pretty sure he plays defense and he is the anchor of it. #13 is also very skilled and gets to a lot of balls, but CAK should dominate Eliz. just come to play and don't let the refs and the way Eliz. plays soccer get to your head. Good Luck CAK. I hope you win Big G

QUOTE(mrudder @ May 19 2007 - 08:01 AM) 826462731[/snapback]Big G..PF went into the Elizabethton game a little overconfident came out flatfooted and they scored two quick goals and PF got a little frustrated. THe refs were terrible missing an offsides call that they kid was off by 5 yards and calling a rediculous foul inside the box leaving to a PK. But the refs weren't the reason PF lost we didn't deserve to win by the way we played. Also the refs will let Eliz get away with a lot of fouls from behind and they will call it on your team Big G. Their fans are terrible and Eliz plays with very little class. CAK watch out for #4 good skills strong shot from outside. #9 I am pretty sure he plays defense and he is the anchor of it. #13 is also very skilled and gets to a lot of balls, but CAK should dominate Eliz. just come to play and don't let the refs and the way Eliz. plays soccer get to your head. Good Luck CAK. I hope you win Big G

Thank you Mrrudder, I wish you the best of luck today, as well.

While Catholic lost some very talented players last year, they bring an 11 that are equal to last years squad. They are very technically and tactically strong, and play very hard. But the thing that will get you the most is the speed and strength of their play. They play hard and fast. Don't hang onto the ball, because they close almost as fast as Farragut does, if not faster at times. Their keeper is one of the best in the state (and I have seen a lot of keepers).

I guess we will know around 5 today. I think that if PF can't get their act together for sectional game then we have a big problem. We have our work cut out for today sammy,but then again going up against the #1 team in the state ahould be a difficult game..lol..I think we will see one brilliant team play today and then it just depends if PF comes to play and plays as a team. WE all know that PF is the underdog, but the best team doesn't always win. Sorry sammy I have no prediction I am just going to leave it all on the pitch

QUOTE(mrudder @ May 19 2007 - 10:15 AM) 826462740[/snapback]I guess we will know around 5 today. I think that if PF can't get their act together for sectional game then we have a big problem. We have our work cut out for today sammy,but then again going up against the #1 team in the state ahould be a difficult game..lol..I think we will see one brilliant team play today and then it just depends if PF comes to play and plays as a team. WE all know that PF is the underdog, but the best team doesn't always win. Sorry sammy I have no prediction I am just going to leave it all on the pitch

Very nicely stated. I agree with you as far as it won't be easy for PF but it is very possible. They are very capable of playing with this team, they just have to keep their heads, be patient, and capitalize. How are you getting up there?