District 1-AAA

bucdaddio

Guess we can count DB out of the mix then! Looks like the same old top four going to battle it out again this year. Science Hill looked great last night. They came out fired up and took it to Boone. Boone did make a good run in the second half but it was too much Hill last night. Makes Friday's showdown a "BIG ONE" don't you think coacht?

That was a good game last night, for sure. Not as one sided as you make it sound, though.

SH came out on fire, shooting great, and pressing from the tipoff, which goes to show good scouting from SH. That got Boone back on their heels right at the start, and it took them until the 2nd period to get settled down. After that, it was a fairly even game, but Boone never good get enough of a run to make up that 9 pt. deficit they got themselves into in the 1st period.

Good game from the usual suspects for Science Hill, Good, Hill, and Douglass.

For Boone, Caldwell stood out, with 18pts., and Nickels and McGill had decent games.

Thought Boone won the battle of the boards in the second half, but gave SH too many 2nd and 3rd chance opportunities in the 1st half, and just like the TN High game, WAY too many turnovers, many of them unforced.

thought it was a hard-fought, well-played game between two tough teams. Thought the layup at the end of the game, when SH was killing the clock and Boone was backed off letting the game end, and Good went for the layup, was classless, but otherwise a great game.

Science Hill has the most talent 1-5 in the Big 9, they should go far...............

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was not classless,people should teach not to quite until the horn sounds no matter the score! I would have scored to if people would not stop me, plus their kids which would not want to put two more on the board for you team. How many times have to heard a coach say hold the ball and with like one or two seconds on the clock a player shoots a three or a two to try and score? It was a 12 pt game at the half if I am correct which means Science Hill outscored Boone in the 2nd quarter as well.

Yeah, it wasn't very classy, if you ask most people. You just don't do that stuff.

You think it's okay, fine, but if Boone was still fouling with 10 seconds or less on the clock, you would have been sitting over there saying "They're just trying to drag it out."

It's a sportsmanship thing. No big deal.

And yeah SH outscored Boone by 3pts. in the second. You missed my point. I didn't say it was dead even from there, I said it was "fairly even". The point was, SH led by 9 after one period, and they won by 9. Take off the last bucket for sportsmanship, and it's 7.

I wasn't going to get into this mess this year, but Big 9 fans and parents are pitiful. I'm a Topper fan that just sits back and observes ALL the games. I love the game of basketball! But I just had to get in on this one. SH in my opinion took South lightly and lost, the dynamic duo did not hurt them, they along with the Hill girl hurt themselves. It will be a different story in the next matchup. Last night I understand that there was an article left in the lockerroom for SH and it was calling them "_itches"...talk about classless!! I think that's was the motivating factor for that game! Boone had every rebound they wanted in the first half and it seemed like SH finally woke up some in the 2nd half. The Hill girl stayed in the game an dwhen you have those girls all playing like they did...it's gonna be tough to deal with them. Looks as though everyone that is in the game for SH scores and contributes. It will be interesting to see if Montgomery can do it all. Nakita seems a little slow and gets winded quickly. It will be a SH game if they can run all game long. Oh back to the Boone Den, I always watch all 4 games on gameday. Talk about classless...people were behind the JV bench during the girl's 3:30 game yelling at the coach for pressing. That was funny! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> It is not just the opposing team's fans but SH has some rude fans as well. Especially that guy that yells at every game... /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Wow! he's LOUD!

I was sitting behind Science Hill's bench during the 3:30 game, and I didn't hear anyone yelling about pressing. But I was sitting toward the center aisle, and I was yelling to our players, so maybe I just didn't hear it. I wouldn't be surprised though, many fans yelling and complaining on both sides, most of which don't even know what they're talking about. Every team has them. I'm surprised to hear of a note in the locker room, though. I know my daughter gets along pretty good with the SH players that she knows.

Anyway, all this stuff and all this talk takes away from what was a good game, and one that SH definitely deserved to win. They did an outstanding job.

And good luck against TN High.

I was sitting behind Science Hill's bench during the 3:30 game, and I didn't hear anyone yelling about pressing. But I was sitting toward the center aisle, and I was yelling to our players, so maybe I just didn't hear it. I wouldn't be surprised though, many fans yelling and complaining on both sides, most of which don't even know what they're talking about. Every team has them. I'm surprised to hear of a note in the locker room, though. I know my daughter gets along pretty good with the SH players that she knows.

Anyway, all this stuff and all this talk takes away from what was a good game, and one that SH definitely deserved to win. They did an outstanding job.

And good luck against TN High.

Buc thought you daughter came in and gave Boone a huge lift. Was a very good game thought both teams played hard and got after each other. Who does Boone play this Friday?

I wasn't going to get into this mess this year, but Big 9 fans and parents are pitiful. I'm a Topper fan that just sits back and observes ALL the games. I love the game of basketball! But I just had to get in on this one. SH in my opinion took South lightly and lost, the dynamic duo did not hurt them, they along with the Hill girl hurt themselves. It will be a different story in the next matchup. Last night I understand that there was an article left in the lockerroom for SH and it was calling them "_itches"...talk about classless!! I think that's was the motivating factor for that game! Boone had every rebound they wanted in the first half and it seemed like SH finally woke up some in the 2nd half. The Hill girl stayed in the game an dwhen you have those girls all playing like they did...it's gonna be tough to deal with them. Looks as though everyone that is in the game for SH scores and contributes. It will be interesting to see if Montgomery can do it all. Nakita seems a little slow and gets winded quickly. It will be a SH game if they can run all game long. Oh back to the Boone Den, I always watch all 4 games on gameday. Talk about classless...people were behind the JV bench during the girl's 3:30 game yelling at the coach for pressing. That was funny! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> It is not just the opposing team's fans but SH has some rude fans as well. Especially that guy that yells at every game... /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Wow! he's LOUD!

Not sure what you mean about sh finally woke up in the 2nd half, the paper reads the boone outscored them the 2nd half. Anyway coach Barnwell said it was by far sh best performance of the year, they are very alth. Montgomery will handle their pressure but i think the toppers win friday nite. Should be a great dist. tourny this yr.

TONIGHT is the night, if Science Hill wins this one. Look out because that means they get Boone ,South, and Tenn. High at Home in Jan. The only other blip on the radar is DB but everyone keeps knocking their guards which means a win for the Hill. If Tenn. High does win i will predict a three way tie for 1st. South SHHS and THS. I do not think South will win at THS or SHHS and I do not think THS will win at SHHS. We all know how the last trip to SHHS turned out for THS.

Buc thought you daughter came in and gave Boone a huge lift. Was a very good game thought both teams played hard and got after each other. Who does Boone play this Friday?

Thanks, she finally played like she was capable of. It's been a long hard fight for her, and she's still trying to get back where she was. Think she might get rewarded tonight for her effort. Tonight's game is at Happy Valley.

Your daughter has become one of those who can be counted on for a solid performance, game in and game out. Hopefully, mine is getting there before long. Yours should have a good game against TN High. Salyers isn't bad, but much of her production comes from everybody worrying about Montgomery and Jones. Montgomery will get hers every game, but I think you guys have the horses to run with them, and I'm predicting a win for SH.

here is the real order of the top players in the Big 9.

danielle montgomery- tennesee high

samantha williams- sullivan south

jordan douglas- science hill

jaimee hill- science hill

blaine frolich- dobyns bennet

kelly pickwell- sullivan south

jhoneshia good- science hill

the order can vary depending on games.

but for the most part, that's pretty accurate.

notice that science hill has 3 dominate players.

it should show whos going to be number 1.

here is the real order of the top players in the Big 9.danielle montgomery- tennesee highsamantha williams- sullivan southjordan douglas- science hilljaimee hill- science hillblaine frolich- dobyns bennetkelly pickwell- sullivan southjhoneshia good- science hillthe order can vary depending on games.but for the most part, that's pretty accurate.notice that science hill has 3 dominate players.it should show whos going to be number 1.

Caldwell 's numbers are 15 points and 7 boards a game, she's played every position on the floor. you might need to give her some love.

here is the real order of the top players in the Big 9.danielle montgomery- tennesee highsamantha williams- sullivan southjordan douglas- science hilljaimee hill- science hillblaine frolich- dobyns bennetkelly pickwell- sullivan southjhoneshia good- science hillthe order can vary depending on games.but for the most part, that's pretty accurate.notice that science hill has 3 dominate players.it should show whos going to be number 1.

Caldwell 's numbers are 15 points and 7 boards a game, she's played every position on the floor. you might need to give her some love.

here is the real order of the top players in the Big 9.

danielle montgomery- tennesee high

samantha williams- sullivan south

jordan douglas- science hill

jaimee hill- science hill

blaine frolich- dobyns bennet

kelly pickwell- sullivan south

jhoneshia good- science hill

the order can vary depending on games.

but for the most part, that's pretty accurate.

notice that science hill has 3 dominate players.

it should show whos going to be number 1.

No bad players on that list, but I'm not sure of that order. Good is the most talented player on the science hill roster, because she does what she do on the most consistent basis. Montgomery is definitely at the top. Every girl on that list has had good games and bad, but she has got her numbers every time.

Mullet22's right, though. There's no way you can put Frolich on that list when you left Caldwell off. Her 15 and 7 have come against TN High, South, Science Hill. D-B's posts have played teams without posts, for the most part.

And having the most players on that list means nothing. If that's all it took, the NY Yankees would win the World Series every year. I'm not saying SH won't end up number 1, but there has to be more to it than that. What keeps them solid is that if one of them has an off game, the others make up for it. It looks like a 3 team race, between South, TN High, and Science Hill, with Boone and D-B looking to play spoiler.