10-AAA Preview

Costanza

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, i have recieved some bad info if what you say is true.

please do not delete this.

I have no idea who has been deleting my posts, but it has been clearly an over sensitive monitor,

Again, I never said one negative thing about a player or coach, what I said is that I heard there were more talented players ont he bench than the floor.

My question would be who is better and on the bench? I've watched Henry County B'ball for 20 years and that comment comes up every year. If your going to make comments like that or have heard comments like that at least have the decency to give names of all the talent on the bench that is not playing. That statement is typically from parents of kids who are not playing. I coached pop warner and capps basketball and would hear that all the time and it is RIDICULOUS. That and the politics statement that is heard " well the coach is just playing politics and thats why my kid isn't playing"!!! Idiots plain and simple coaches want to win games not play politics in any sport and although judgement of talent may be different from coach to coach or coach to fan ultimately the coach wants to win no matter who it is! Including our coach now. He doesn't care who you are or who your family is he wants players who can help HC win games period!

ok, i have recieved some bad info if what you say is true.please do not delete this.I have no idea who has been deleting my posts, but it has been clearly an over sensitive monitor,Again, I never said one negative thing about a player or coach, what I said is that I heard there were more talented players ont he bench than the floor.

Ok well leave it at this and move on....You have been misinformed which is ok, but all the kids work together and really split minutes about equally. Looking forward to a fun season.Go Pats

My question would be who is better and on the bench? I've watched Henry County B'ball for 20 years and that comment comes up every year. If your going to make comments like that or have heard comments like that at least have the decency to give names of all the talent on the bench that is not playing. That statement is typically from parents of kids who are not playing. I coached pop warner and capps basketball and would hear that all the time and it is RIDICULOUS. That and the politics statement that is heard " well the coach is just playing politics and thats why my kid isn't playing"!!! Idiots plain and simple coaches want to win games not play politics in any sport and although judgement of talent may be different from coach to coach or coach to fan ultimately the coach wants to win no matter who it is! Including our coach now. He doesn't care who you are or who your family is he wants players who can help HC win games period!

Amen!!

CHS has a home football game Friday night in the playoffs. They wanted to switch the basketball game and tonight was the only night they could do it.

Thanks for the info

I agree, generally when someone is saying those things, it is about their children being on the bench, in this case, this gentleman, has no children, he did not mention politics, just family. He had mentioned that Henry countys best player had quit, but jimmy cleared that up.

Maybe in the future you should just leave your comments to postitive ones or ones that are based on any kind of reality or truth--and you kept saying--well I heard or someone said---how about you just go with what you know and not comment about things you don't. I think that will take care of all of this in the future bra!

It's just a simple rule I live by that I learned a long time ago watching the movie Bambi as a child---"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

It's one thing to bash coaches--it's inappropriate but it's still different--than bashing or badmouthing a kid---let's not forget that these are 14,15,16,17 and 18 year old kids--they are not college atheletes or even professionals---so if you can't be positive when talking about a specific kid--then don't speak.

Maybe in the future you should just leave your comments to postitive ones or ones that are based on any kind of reality or truth--and you kept saying--well I heard or someone said---how about you just go with what you know and not comment about things you don't. I think that will take care of all of this in the future bra!

It's just a simple rule I live by that I learned a long time ago watching the movie Bambi as a child---"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

It's one thing to bash coaches--it's inappropriate but it's still different--than bashing or badmouthing a kid---let's not forget that these are 14,15,16,17 and 18 year old kids--they are not college atheletes or even professionals---so if you can't be positive when talking about a specific kid--then don't speak.

throughout this thread, I have asked questions about what was going on in the Henry county program, I mentioned that I had heard, and was asking if there was any truth to it. I never said one bad thing about any player, or even a coach. You will find no comment that I have ever made to be neagative about a player, even the ones deleted

I agree, generally when someone is saying those things, it is about their children being on the bench, in this case, this gentleman, has no children, he did not mention politics, just family. He had mentioned that Henry countys best player had quit, but jimmy cleared that up.

Who is this player that is the best player qitting? Our QB quit but not because of any beef with the coach or anything. He was tired of playing multiple sports and wanted to concentrate on football. I heard that straight from his mouth. He was really talented and a blow to the team but not the "best" player. I hated to see him leave, but wish him the best he's a smart, polite, and well mannered young man that will probably be playing on Sat's in another year.

I agree. He is a good kid and if he decides he still wants to play as many young people often change their minds then I guess that will be up to the coaching staff. If not, then I wish him the best in whatever he decides to pursue.

Well who wouldn't want him back. Although if he tried to come back somebody would have a problem with that because he would take some playing time from kids. He's that good!

Who is this player that is the best player qitting? Our QB quit but not because of any beef with the coach or anything. He was tired of playing multiple sports and wanted to concentrate on football. I heard that straight from his mouth. He was really talented and a blow to the team but not the "best" player. I hated to see him leave, but wish him the best he's a smart, polite, and well mannered young man that will probably be playing on Sat's in another year.

this just goes to show, one can not get reliable info, jimmy just said that the Allen kid was the only one missing from last years team now this one. I never said that any of the players had a beef with the coach, I said that I heard they did not want to play for him. What number was this young man last year. Who is Henry county's best player?

this just goes to show, one can not get reliable info, jimmy just said that the Allen kid was the only one missing from last years team now this one. I never said that any of the players had a beef with the coach, I said that I heard they did not want to play for him. What number was this young man last year. Who is Henry county's best player?

We've got some talented kids all around. No real "superstars" I'd be afraid to say because you might be the big bad wolf from C'ville trying to devour us!Come to the game tonight or Saturday night and you decide. I do feel that we have a few that will stand out! You tell me in the next few days what you think!

If it was your quarterback that is not playing anymore then he was probably the best athlete on the team, He is the best athlete that I have watched this year. He may not have been the best basketball player on the team but his being on the court would cause problems for most teams.