GIRLS WRESTLING BOYS

THEANIMAL

YOU, AS THE WRESTLING COACH, HAVE SPENT ALL FALL TRING TO FIND ENOUGH SHINNY AND PUNY BOYS TO FILL THE LOWER WEIGHT CLASSES. YOU FINALLY TALKED THEM INTO HAVING A SPORTS PHYSICAL (COUGH), PAYING ALL OF THE REDICULESS FEES (SOME OVER $100) AND TELLING THEM HOW MANLY THEY WILL LOOK IN THEIR UNIFORM. YOU TAKE THEM TO THE FIRST PRESEASON TOURNAMENT AND THEY GET THEIR CLOCK CLEANED BY A GIRL. THEIR WRESTLING CAREER IN NOW OVER. IT IS ONE THING TO GET BEAT BY A BOY AND ANOTHER THING TO GET BEAT BY A GIRL.

I AM ALL FOR EQUIAL RIGHTS. THAT IS WHY WE SHOULD PLACE GIRLS DIVISIONS IN ALL OF OUR PRESEASON AND J.V. TOURNAMENTS. WHAT OTHER SPORTS DO THE GIRLS PLAY WITH THE BOYS?

I DON'T REALLY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE GIRLS WRESTLING ON THE VARSITY. IN DUALS IF I HAVE A WEEK KID THAT DON'T NEED TO BE ABUSED BY A GOOD GIRL, I CAN MIX-UP MY LINE-UP AND FIND SOMEONE THAT CAN DEFEND HIMSELF OR FORFIET.

THE ANIMAL

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, but the problem with forming a girls' division is the lack of competition. There aren't enough girls wrestling to have any effective tournaments; a girl could be a state champion without having to wrestle anybody.

Trust me, I don't like it either. I remember being so terrified of facing a girl that every time an opponent team would come in, I would instantly run over and scope out everyone to make sure there were no girls I would have to wrestle.

I really don't understand how you both can be so intimidated by women's wrestling. I mean come on here people! It is just another wrestler on the mat, just as determined to bust your lip with a cross face as any other. I have wrestled girls in my past career, and I was 215lbs! I now coach a girl in my own wrestling room with my boys, and she understands what she is getting into, and my boys know how hard she works. And I am telling ya guys, she will come around and knock the snot out of you!

Girls do not belong on the mat. Period. However, because of the screwed up culture that we live in, they are allowed to be there. This being said. If you have a wrestler that loses to a girl, TOUGH S###. They will either get over it or quit. As a competitor, I have had to deal with girls in the practice room. My opinion on the subject...When a women stops acting like a woman, beat her I mean treat her like a man.

MOST HIGH SCHOOL SPORT TEAMS THAT I KNOW OF CHARGE SOMETHING. AT OUR SCHOOL THEY CHARGE A $35 INSURANCE FEE. THIS IS FOR A SECONDARY POLICY THAT EVERYONE WHO PLAYS SPORTS MUST PAY. I KNOW OF SOME SCHOOLS THAT CHARGE AROUND $100. SOMETIMES THIS INCLUDES SOME PRACTICE GEAR. I HAVE HEARD THAT A SCHOOL IN WEST KNOXVILLE CHARGES OVER $500 FOR GIRLS SOCCER. THAT IS DEFINTELY REDICULES.

THE ANIMAL

Girls do not belong on the mat. Period. However, because of the screwed up culture that we live in, they are allowed to be there. This being said. If you have a wrestler that loses to a girl, TOUGH S###. They will either get over it or quit. As a competitor, I have had to deal with girls in the practice room. My opinion on the subject...When a women stops acting like a woman, beat her I mean treat her like a man.

ok we want to betreated like a man how do you know we dont i know i would want to be treated like i want to play

It is also my understanding that we will hold a separate girls state wrestling tournament either this year or next (I do not remember which) and they will be recognized as official TSSAA State Champions. I do like this for the fact that iti s one more step to separating them from the boys and still allowing them to compete.

I am all for girls wrestling, I like many others just want it to be against other girls. I can not think of another sport where girls compete against boys and certainly not in a sport as physical and contact oriented as wrestling. The fact that we are likely the most physical sport and the only sport where girls and boys are allowed to intermix really seems to be quite odd to me.

Just some other thoughs... now lets see if I kill this thread like I appear to have done to others recently /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Is there really enough interest to sustain a seperate girls state tournament? Is it fair to the boys who work their butts off? If the bracket only has 4 girls can you really call her a champion? Girls wrestling is a farce. It already has roots at the international level and it has screwed both freestyle and greco. When fem wrestling started coming on, the weight classes were cut. In the mid 90's, there were 10 international weight classes. Today, there are 7. The number of mens weights was reduced because of the additional medals that would be awarded to the womens division.

Unless there is enough interest to fill all the weights with at least twelve in each bracket, everybody that cares about wrestling should oppose this mockery.

It is also my understanding that we will hold a separate girls state wrestling tournament either this year or next (I do not remember which) and they will be recognized as official TSSAA State Champions. I do like this for the fact that iti s one more step to separating them from the boys and still allowing them to compete.

I am all for girls wrestling, I like many others just want it to be against other girls. I can not think of another sport where girls compete against boys and certainly not in a sport as physical and contact oriented as wrestling. The fact that we are likely the most physical sport and the only sport where girls and boys are allowed to intermix really seems to be quite odd to me.

Just some other thoughs... now lets see if I kill this thread like I appear to have done to others recently /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />