District 10AA

LCHSpanthers4419

Last year 10AA was won by Giles Co. once again, but Lewis Co. finally gave them a challenge for the first time in 4 years. Spring Hill were skilled with great shooters and one player that could score around the hole and knock down some jumpers, but they lost him, but still have some great shooters. Giles Co. will be good again, but will only be returning 2 of their starters granted those 2 starters were 2 of their best players the rest of their lineup will have little experience. Loretto will be the suprise of this district with Clint Wright leading the way for them the one thing that will really hurt them is not having a true coach, their coach is the band director who basically got thrown into the job. Lewis Co. should make some noise returning 4 starters, 2 of which were 2 of the leading scorers last year, they will be led by Kyle Tenison and Chance Helton, but will have contributions from Ethan Dye, Derek Duncan, and new starter Ryan Cates. The two things that will plague this team will be size and depth in the post, with Giles Co., Loretto, and Marshall Co.'s big men they will need more than just 1 or 2 posts a player that hasn't had much playing time his first few years, but will probably get a little time to relieve Kyle and Ethan will be Larry Nelson. Marshall Co. will be very good this year returning who I think their leading scorer and I hear that they have a new player that has been walking the halls, but has not been playing, I don't know if he is as good as everyone says he is, but I guess I will see when LC plays MC. The 3 teams that I think will round up the bottom of the district will be Page, Hickman Co., and East Hickman. Page is returning alot of players, but will still be down this year with just a lack of athletic ability, they have skill, but skill does nothing when you play athletic teams like Giles, Marshall, and Lewis and really athletic teams when you venture into the Regions. Hickman may make a little noise, but they lost alot of their better players, they will be fast, but that is all I know. East Hickman will most likely be at the bottom because they are a first year school and have not had time to develop their talent or a good system.

I believe Spring Hill and Giles Co. will sit 1 & 2 in 10-AA again...

For Spring Hill, they return 3 starters for a pretty decent group from last year.

Freddie Currie will be solid at the forward spot...he's good for alot of the points and several rebounds...he can jump out of the gym.

Montae Brown, fresh off of knee surgery, looks to have his shot back and he will probably be the best pure shooter on the team.

DeAngelo Williams will play solid defense with his long arms and look for him to put up more points than he did last year.

Ephraim Julius is solid inside and will provide some good minutes and a big body for SH down low.

Jerome Tucker is a solid defensive player and I will look for more of that this year...Also look for him to provide more points than last year.

The questions surrounding this team are:

1. Who will take the scoring load that Tommy Martin leaves behind?---If I had to guess, I would go with either Montae Brown or Freddie Currie.

2. Will SH have enough big men to get in there and scrap with everyone else in the district? Particularly Giles Co.--I will say that Currie matches up with most of the big men...but like I said, he will play more of a forward role. I don't see a true post player on the roster. Something that could really hurt SH in the long run.

You could very possibly be right about Giles and Spring Hill being 1-2, but I think that the battle for that 2 spot will be a great one. Loretto might make a push it really depends on their big man, Lewis will be there with a very fast team that has the ability to beat you on the perimeter, but the key to them is Kyle Tenison scoring in the post, and the team that I think that can actually give Giles a run for their money is Marshall. They are gonna be big and that is what your gonna need against Giles Co. The key to beating Giles this year is stopping Creshaun Holt, I don't know if their is anybody in this district that can, but I guess we will find out, I expect Kyle to slow him down, but still if Coach Holt uses him right then nobody can stop him.

Did Spring Hill just lose 1 player last year?

You're exactly right about Holt...Nobody matches up with him the district...Lewis Co. has a good senior class this year, correct? Didn't that squad go to the state championship as 8th graders?

Spring Hill lost 3 players- Tommy Martin, B.J. Wright, and Quivarus Armstrong.

More people need to join in on this discussion...this is a strong district....where's our Hickman and East Hickman posters at????

We can do without the Giles Co. posters. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What do you mean about Loretto not having a true coach. He is one great person. He knows more about basketball than folks give him credit. He is not your typical band director either. His bands are very successful, he has several superior ratings in concert and marching performances and has also won a state marching championship. It is my understanding he has lots of experience at the middle school level and was a very successful coach. Also, he was the assistant coach last year and has some great returning players from last years team. You know players make players, it is the coaches job to help the team gel together. No, they may not win the district but I think you will see a more unified Loretto team which will be more discplined and show respect to each other, the fans, the refs and even their opponents. I think you will see a Loretto team that will be scrappy and hustle from the opening tip to the final buzzer.

This years senior class for LC is one of the biggest in like 4 years and they should be very talented, but still lack in size. This is the team that went to the state in 8th grade, but they know high school is a complete different thing than middle school.

What I was takling about Loretto's coach is that the job got kind of thrown on him. Yes, he went to camp and everything with them, but from what I'm told they told him like a couple of weeks before practice started that he was going to have to coach. He may be a good coach and I expect Loretto to be a good team this year.