Oliver Springs 64 Knox Webb 57

OS91

Of all the great wins in the Oliver Springs Lady Cat's long storied tradition, OS's win over an outstanding Knox Webb team has to rank in the top 10.

Knox Webb is perhaps the best team in Tennessee ( all classifications) this year. KNOX WEBB was ranked the #16 team in AMERICA by the USA today.

Look at Knox Webb's front court:

6-3 Glory Webb, Top 5 player in America, UT signee

6-4, Faith Dupree, top 25-50 player in the junior class, high major college prospect

This is arguably the most talented and dominant high school frontcourt of any High school team in America.

Hats go off to Coach Christopher and company.

All everything guard ( top junior prospect in TN) Kayla Christopher netted 30 points in the upset win over Webb. Of course she got a lot of assistance from the other OSHS players who combined for 35 points led by Barger and Hall.

You have to give Coach Christopher a lot of credit for winning this game when facing a talented height driven team who had destroyed some GREAT teams in it's path at the end of last season and early this year.

Great Job Lady Cats!

I am looking forward to reading the USA today newspaper next week when it highlights Oliver Springs's win over one of the nation's best/talente teams.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome win for your team....Congrats!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GREAT WIN FOR O.S. SAW THEM ONE TIME LAST YEAR,GREAT COACH,PLAY WITH A LOT OF INTENSITY.BEAT A VERY VERY GOOD WEBB TEAM. SEE WHERE WEBB GOES TO ENSWORTH ON FRIDAY.GOOD CHANCE FOR NASHVILLE AREA FANS TO GO SEE THESE PLAYERS THAT ARE RANKED SO HIGH.GOOD LUCK TO ENSWORTH.AGAIN CONGTATS TO O.S ON A GREAT WIN.HOW IN THE WORLD DID THEY STOP THE TWO WEBB PLAYERS?mUST BE A LITTLE MAGIC IN THERE GYM.ALONG WITH THERE SUPER TEAM AND COACH.

From what I understand Glory doesn't really work very hard now at high school doesn't want to risk messing up a knee or ankle before she goes to college.

Then the Kayla Christopher again, didn't I see a thread on here before where it was never actually proven her to be top prospect? I travel and watch a lot of the Nike tournaments, she plays on the B team for Tennessee right?? The few times I have seen them bring her up to the A team, she played maybe 4 minutes for the whole game?? But the young girl from Memphis that has veribally committed to UT was one of the starters for the A team. Granted Kayla is a good player but there are others at Oliver Springs that are good players also. The little Hall girl is also very good.

I am not taking anything away for these girls they are all good players, but it gets a little old always Kayla Christopher and her being a top prospect. Lets beat it in the ground???

From what I understand Glory doesn't really work very hard now at high school doesn't want to risk messing up a knee or ankle before she goes to college.

Then the Kayla Christopher again, didn't I see a thread on here before where it was never actually proven her to be top prospect? I travel and watch a lot of the Nike tournaments, she plays on the B team for Tennessee right?? The few times I have seen them bring her up to the A team, she played maybe 4 minutes for the whole game?? But the young girl from Memphis that has veribally committed to UT was one of the starters for the A team. Granted Kayla is a good player but there are others at Oliver Springs that are good players also. The little Hall girl is also very good.

I am not taking anything away for these girls they are all good players, but it gets a little old always Kayla Christopher and her being a top prospect. Lets beat it in the ground???

LOL@BBALL fan. I see you are drinking the same " goofy" kool aid as some previous posters who have agendas or are just plain jealous. Possibly both. That's the likely diagnosis.

THis is even more comical:

Glory Johnson didn't play hard because she didn't want an injury. She still scored 20 plus points, yet you are making excuses stating Webb and Faith didn't play hard because of being scared of injuries.

Do you realize how IDIOTIC you sound? Why not just sit Glory on the bench and not play her the rest of the season. Only a envious fool would attempt to make the argument you are making.

Btw,

I provided many lists and websites that support my claim that stated Christopher was not only the top prospect ( which is debatable by my own admission) in the class of 2009 in Tennessee, but she's considered one of the top prospects nationally in the class of 2009. The only person who disagreed was someone who stated it was her "personal" opinion that the lists were wrong and she wouldn't have ranked them accordingly.

Unless you have anything " substantional" to add, please exit the thread before the depths of your foolishness reaches a comical emergency.

ha ha. you have got to be kidding me. i mean seriously come on. you are a dang idiot. First off on the aau scene. you need to know what the heck your talking about. Tennessee Flight Navy ( Kayla "B" team as you say) are all juniors playing up an age division. Tennessee Flight Silver ( Kayla "A" team as you say) are all seniors minus four. Christopher, Advant, Faith, and Jasmine are the only other players on that time. The only two who get significant playing time is Advant and Jasmine. If you have payed attention during these games you have seen five major division 1 college signees play. And guess what. THEY ARE ALL GAURDS. Im sure if you ask any of kaylas coaches you would know that she has done major things for the silver team. Second off. High school.your a complete idiot. i guess you didnt see christopher score all over glory now did you? or see glory foul out due to her "not wanting to work to hard". Seems like to me someome needs to get over their jealousy, face the facts, and GROW UP.

ha ha. you have got to be kidding me. i mean seriously come on. you are a dang idiot. First off on the aau scene. you need to know what the heck your talking about. Tennessee Flight Navy ( Kayla "B" team as you say) are all juniors playing up an age division. Tennessee Flight Silver ( Kayla "A" team as you say) are all seniors minus four. Christopher, Advant, Faith, and Jasmine are the only other players on that time. The only two who get significant playing time is Advant and Jasmine. If you have payed attention during these games you have seen five major division 1 college signees play. And guess what. THEY ARE ALL GAURDS. Im sure if you ask any of kaylas coaches you would know that she has done major things for the silver team. Second off. High school.your a complete idiot. i guess you didnt see christopher score all over glory now did you? or see glory foul out due to her "not wanting to work to hard". Seems like to me someome needs to get over their jealousy, face the facts, and GROW UP.

SOSHS

Please don't provide any more facts to these envious fools. I've already done that. They have their own agenda and it's obvously one that conflicts with reality.

There is no doubt OS had some early season kinks to work out with it's frontcourt. By the look of things, that's coming together. That's why Coach Christopher plays the daunting early season schedule she does in order to get the Lady Cats primed for a state championship run in March.

OS's win against the #16 team in America shows the potential of this OS team. Great job girls and Coach Christopher!

First, no one is jealous of Kayla, why would they be. Like I said before I wish her all the luck, but we do get a little tired of hearing only about her and none of the other girls in Oliver Springs, is she the only player they have?

As for the Nike team. Silver or Gold call it what you want but it is A and B. All the other Nike teams have A teams that doesn't matter what age or grade their better players play on A. There are several A Nike teams that have girls anywhere from freshman on up, because they are the better players. But you don't see their parents or family on here bragging about them playing up and claiming to be the top prospect.

Again you have your OPINION and everyone else has theirs.

ok first off.... the only thing you are doing when you get on here and run your mouth is making yourself feel like a complete ######. Is christopher the most outstanding player in OS? Yes. Does she have a good providing cast yes. The A and B teams do not really exist. In that age group maybe. But the B team as you call it are all juniors. people who playing ahead of where they are suppose to. Someone needs to research their facts. And kayla as a top prospect in the state of tn not oging on class here ya go.

Tennessee??™s Top Rising Prospects For 2007-2008

NAME HT CLASS POS SCHOOL

Top 12

Glory Johnson 6-3 Sr. F-C Knoxville Webb

Kayla Christopher 5-9 Jr. CG Oliver Springs

Faith DuPree 6-3 Jr. C Clinton Anderson County

Lauren Avant 5-8 So. SM Memphis Lausanne

Abby Andrews 5-10 Sr. CG Collinwood

Kayci Ferriss 6-8 So. C Carthage Smith County

Kortni Jones 5-7 Jr. PG Oak Ridge

Jasmine Hassell 6-2 Jr. C Lebanon Wilson Central

Michelle Davis 6-2 Sr. F-C Cleveland

Alex Jarrell 6-4 Sr. C Shelbyville Central

Hannah Dawson 5-10 Jr. CG Shelbyville Central

Laken Leonard 5-10 So. C-F Red Boiling Springs

there ya go. pretty positive its not an OPINION. grow up. if you would like to send me a message send my one. id love to see how stupid you really are.

Looks like to me there are some people who are pretty jealous of Miss Christopher. Is there some jealousy running through OS? I think OS91 can prove and if anyone else S.O.S.HS05 can prove anything anyone wants to know or argue. Christopher IS one of the TOP prospects in the NATION and especialy in the STATE. If she wasn't there would not be all the DIVISION 1 scouts at her AAU games and her HIGHSCHOOL games. sorry bballfan. I think your in a wrong hole to be in

First there is Division 1 scouts at all the Nike games, so they are not there just for Kayla. Why would anyone be jealous of Christopher? (I don't even have a child that plays ball, could see being called jealous if I had a child playing and Kayla was better or getting more time, but my child has graduated from college now. We just travel and watch the games. ) If she is as good as all the O.S think then we will see, when she signs her letter of intent as to how good she is?? There are alot of great players in the state that don't get recognized because of coaches not putting forth the effort to get there name out there, not reporting stats to knox news and so forth. But lucky for Kayla her mom is the coach. So once again we will see who she signs with.