Smith Co. hosting York Institute

unbiasedfan

So, York Institute heads to Smith County tonight, and it should be a good match-up that could end up in a close game. Both teams have shown pretty good skills this year. It should be interesting to see who pulls out with the win. If Smith County is in sync at home, they might send York girls home on a sad bus ride. However, if York's shooting is on cue and they stay out of foul trouble, they should be fine. York has been having to really play the bench the past few games, but have done okay it seems. Freshman Morgan Cook looks like an early standout when she gets playtime. For Smith, Ferris should be a BIG help, since York doesn't have any height this year. Smith Co. will have to keep York's Eacret from scoring...she has been racking up the points this year BIG TIME. Hopefully, we'll see some good 3-point action from both teams!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

So, York Institute heads to Smith County tonight, and it should be a good match-up that could end up in a close game. Both teams have shown pretty good skills this year. It should be interesting to see who pulls out with the win. If Smith County is in sync at home, they might send York girls home on a sad bus ride. However, if York's shooting is on cue and they stay out of foul trouble, they should be fine. York has been having to really play the bench the past few games, but have done okay it seems. Freshman Morgan Cook looks like an early standout when she gets playtime. For Smith, Ferris should be a BIG help, since York doesn't have any height this year. Smith Co. will have to keep York's Eacret from scoring...she has been racking up the points this year BIG TIME. Hopefully, we'll see some good 3-point action from both teams!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

yeah should be a barn burner --- smith county has to shut eacret down -- she's been bombing the threes like they are going out of style - will be interesting to see how they guard her

as for ferris -- what can you say?? she is tall - york can't touch her height

if she's on it will be all over

from the stats it looks like smith county has been playing well --- several players getting into double digits past few games - including two freshmen

smith county whallopped Macon and White House -- and Gordonsville and Hartsville

i think smith county will pull it out being at home --- harder game on York's court

good luck to all and stay healthy !! and warm it's cold out there

yeah this was a sad one for schs

they had played several really good games -- yeah too many turnovers

there were a few chances at the end to win - but it was not meant to be

BIG DISAPPOINTMENT of the night from my stand point - york started stalling the ball in the THIRD QUARTER

as soon as they got ahead --- very very disappointing - held it for 3-4 minutes

yeah it's legal - and yeah it's a strategy - but chicken if you ask me - i don't like walks in softball either, but that's just me

i only like stalls in the final seconds - not in the doggone 3rd quarter

freshmen guards - they are coming along i see -- they've scored double figures a few games

wish they had some of ferriss' height

end of season ought to be a good one