MBA DUALS AND BA DUALS

tnko

From what I know about Mr. Garrett, he probably does want a rematch because good wrestlers should want to wrestle other good wrestlers. Marchetti was focused and wrestled his match and Garrett was not. Marchetti was suppose to win that match and will win again in a rematch, but that doen't mean Garrett should not want a rematch because he got whipped the first time. They wont wrestle this season, but maybe in the offseason they might show up to the same tournament and I am sure neither one will pass up the chance to wrestle again. As for Sohr (FRA), East Lit and FRA will more than likely face off at the sectional dual and Garrett will wrestle up at 145 to face him again and Sohr will come with 5 pts if he last the whole match. I know that is a bold statement but from what I saw, Sohr scored all his points after the shoulder injury.

Bucq:

There was no reason for rasslinlite to post the response he did to my post about the 145 matches at the MBA Duals..........I hate those kind of posts. I understand your need to defend Garrett, but there is likewise no need for your post about the Sohr kid. You just stooped to the level of rasslinlite's comment.

I'm sure Shawn would like a rematch with both kids. According to the East Lit coach I spoke with at the MBA Duals, East Lit won't be at the Father Ryan tournament this year so you are right, we are not likely to see one with Marchetti. As for the Sohr match, I was at the scorer's table for several of the contests and was the official scorer for the FRA/East Lit match. From what I saw---and put down in the book--- here is how that match went: First period, Garrett took Sohr down, Garrett led 2-0 at end of period; Second period, Sohr's choice, Sohr deferred, Garrett took neutral, Sohr took Garrett down, 2-2; out of bounds, injury timeout Garrett; wrestling continues; near fall Sohr, 5-2; reversal Garrett; 4-5; escape Sohr and Sohr awarded penalty point, 7-4; very short injury timeout Garrett; East Lit elects not to continue. Garrett was later standing in front of the scorer's table with ice on his left shoulder, so I assumed that was the injury that led to his default. So if the first injury timeout was the shoulder, the score was 2-2 at the time. Sohr scored 5 points after that, but Garrett scored 2 right after the near fall with a reversal off the bottom himself. So it was not like the shoulder was preventing Shawn from wrestling as your post implies and that without it Sohr not have come within 5 points lasted the match with Garrett as you posted. That is a disservice to a very good match that the Sohr kid , and for that matter, Garrett, were wrestling. From the scorer's table it looked like it was going to be one of the better individual matches of the day. The team score was 36-12 at the time, with only 4 weights left, one of which FRA was forfeiting, so East Lit already had the win. My guess is that the East Lit coaches decided there was no need to risk something permanent happening to their best wrestler in a match that was already over.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bucq:

There was no reason for rasslinlite to post the response he did to my post about the 145 matches at the MBA Duals..........I hate those kind of posts. I understand your need to defend Garrett, but there is likewise no need for your post about the Sohr kid. You just stooped to the level of rasslinlite's comment.

I'm sure Shawn would like a rematch with both kids. According to the East Lit coach I spoke with at the MBA Duals, East Lit won't be at the Father Ryan tournament this year so you are right, we are not likely to see one with Marchetti. As for the Sohr match, I was at the scorer's table for several of the contests and was the official scorer for the FRA/East Lit match. From what I saw---and put down in the book--- here is how that match went: First period, Garrett took Sohr down, Garrett led 2-0 at end of period; Second period, Sohr's choice, Sohr deferred, Garrett took neutral, Sohr took Garrett down, 2-2; out of bounds, injury timeout Garrett; wrestling continues; near fall Sohr, 5-2; reversal Garrett; 4-5; escape Sohr and Sohr awarded penalty point, 7-4; very short injury timeout Garrett; East Lit elects not to continue. Garrett was later standing in front of the scorer's table with ice on his left shoulder, so I assumed that was the injury that led to his default. So if the first injury timeout was the shoulder, the score was 2-2 at the time. Sohr scored 5 points after that, but Garrett scored 2 right after the near fall with a reversal off the bottom himself. So it was not like the shoulder was preventing Shawn from wrestling as your post implies and that without it Sohr not have come within 5 points lasted the match with Garrett as you posted. That is a disservice to a very good match that the Sohr kid , and for that matter, Garrett, were wrestling. From the scorer's table it looked like it was going to be one of the better individual matches of the day. The team score was 36-12 at the time, with only 4 weights left, one of which FRA was forfeiting, so East Lit already had the win. My guess is that the East Lit coaches decided there was no need to risk something permanent happening to their best wrestler in a match that was already over.

I understand what you are saying about the comments. I was not trying to disrespect or take anything away from Mr. Sohr, he was leading when the match ended so he won and nobody can take that from him. Garrett did hurt his shoulder the first injury timeout and should have defaulted then when he told the trainer he could not lift his arm. I dont think his coaches believed he was hurt until they saw that he was using his left arm at all when wrestling resumed. As for the within 5 points comment, no disrespect to Sohr, but that is just how I see the outcome of a rematch. The two wrestlers, when they wrestle again can prove me right or wrong. I think Sohr is a good kid and a good wrestler and I wish him the best for the rest of the season, but as you can tell from my comment I will be going with Garrett in a rematch.