Montgomery Co. & Clarksville Schools

Golfendude

As much as I really dislike knowing the feed back it will bring, I'll step up and say it anyway. Here in the county we don't have enough really dedicated players and lack the ability to develop them here. This is why you see teams like Maryville, Hillsboro, Riverdale, Smyrna and etc. contend year after year. Has anyone ever won a state title in football or any other sport other than Golf here? To be the fifth largest city in the state and having the pool of students that we do something is wrong here.

After being around these boards for the last four years it has become very apparent to me that Montgomery co. is not serious about there sports programs. If these leaders of Montgomery Co. and Clarksville want to put Clarksville on the MAP as they so often have stated that??™s there intentions this might be a good place to start.

You see all these other winning schools participate on these board discussions all though out the year and how proud they are of there teams and there academics. I would like to open up a discussion about what could be done for this county to move us into the lime light of more than just trying to capture region titles and public schools here to be added to the list of some of the best in the state for academics

How about this lets start by turning two of our oldest high schools into magnet schools any thoughts on this administrators and coaches? Can you just imagine putting our brightest and best athletes in school environments that push all of them to excel. If this county could accomplish something like this what a good drawing card that would be.

This could bring in more industry than going to China to site see do you agree? Update May 2008 now Vegas..

God knows if we would put more into our youth here maybe the crime and crap that goes on here would drop. It's down right scary now every time my kids go out we worry about them till they get back home. I think our youth is more important than marina??™s and convention centers.

For the PLAYER??™S in the county that have excelled in the classroom and in there sport I congratulate all you for being self motivated young men and women. Just keep going for it.

If this topic does not get your attention then that tells you something about where we live then huh? Keep you comments clean and on topic or please don??™t post thank you. It??™s easy enough to have you removed.

mr. golf my mom came into my room and i was reading your post to her made her tear up. we had a member of our family that was good athlete here and fell in to bad company. she has always said the our town does not care about are youth or they would spend on them to give them something to do when school is out. that is why she takes me over across town to the ymca on the weekends. when i told her who you where she wanted me to tell you that your son has been a good role model for me. eric has helped me get stronger and keeps me focus on what i need to do even talks to me about doing good in school. i don't have a dad i really have looked up to your son. he tells me that you really keep him up with him to. i hope he gets his dream in the next few weeks and wanted you to no this. eric is good man and very good football player he is to. we liked watching him on tv in the all star game and game of the week. she said she prays for him to get his dream and tell you. if you read this tell eric i will see him at the y tommorow.

Thank nwballer keep studying and working /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Folks since the football threads are fixing to close unless your are coacht + member i have move this over to basketball thread here is the link.

http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.p...howtopic=165598

As much as I really dislike knowing the feed back it will bring, I'll step up and say it anyway. Here in the county we don't have enough really dedicated players and lack the ability to develop them here. This is why you see teams like Maryville, Hillsboro, Riverdale, Smyrna and etc. contend year after year. Has anyone ever won a state title in football or any other sport other than Golf here? To be the fifth largest city in the state and having the pool of students that we do something is wrong here.

After being around these boards for the last four years it has become very apparent to me that Montgomery co. is not serious about there sports programs. If these leaders of Montgomery Co. and Clarksville want to put Clarksville on the MAP as they so often have stated that??™s there intentions this might be a good place to start.

You see all these other winning schools participate on these board discussions all though out the year and how proud they are of there teams and there academics. I would like to open up a discussion about what could be done for this county to move us into the lime light of more than just trying to capture region titles and public schools here to added to the list of some of the best in the state for academics

How about this lets start by turning two of our oldest high schools into magnet schools any thoughts on this administrators and coaches? Can you just imagine putting our brightest and best athletes in school environments that push all of them to excel. If this county could accomplish something like this what a good drawing card that would be.

This could bring in more industry than going to China to site see do you agree?

God knows if we would put more into our youth here maybe the crime and crap that goes on here would drop. It's down right scary now every time my kids go out we worry about them till they get back home. I think our youth is more important than marina??™s and convention centers.

For the PLAYER??™S in the county that have excelled in the classroom and in there sport I congratulate all you for being self motivated young men and women. Just keep going for it.

If this topic does not get your attention then that tells you something about where we live then huh? Keep you comments clean and on topic or please don??™t post thank you. It??™s easy enough to have you removed.

According to latest census Murfreesboro is now the fifth largest city in Tennessee and at current growth rate it will pass Chattanooga to be the fourth largest city in 5 years. Added to this though there are now 4-5A schools splitting the talent that is here.

Clarksville schools not doing better is a mystery to me as well. Usually any city with a large military base usually get enough good kids that play ball to do VERY well. I think the 'talent' is there for them to compete with the other Tn powerhouse schools so that leaves either or both a lack of concern by the administration and/or Coaches.