Clay at friendship

baller21

WAS IT TRULY THE COACHES WIFE?????

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Dont know if it was or not but she sure was upset. It was a real good game to watch. And there were some bad calls on both side ,but after the games i have watched this year the officiating is the worst this year than it has been in years imo.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Dont know if it was or not but she sure was upset. It was a real good game to watch. And there were some bad calls on both side ,but after the games i have watched this year the officiating is the worst this year than it has been in years imo.

FCS1984 - What do you feel could be done to improve the level of officiating in your area ? Are officials not hustling, out of position, not properly addressing the coaches or 'bench decorum' rules ? In other words, where do you feel there is the most room for improvement ?

I am assuming that you are a fan of FCS (by your name). Have you attended any games this year that your team was not involved in ? If so, do you remember how you felt as though the officials did in that particular game.

It has been my experience that your loyalty to a team can sometimes 'haze' your perception of the officiating crew.

I'm intrested to hear your comments.

Also, nice job by the crew in handling the fan situation the way they did.

From all that i have gathered it was the wife of Clay Co.'s coach and another woman that was thrown out of the game. However for FCS1984 to insiuate that the ref's decided the outcome of the game is ludicris!! The game was AT FCS and while i wasn't at the game i have been to many games on the visitors side at FCS and the home teams gets most of the "questionable" calls to go their way especially if its a team from 7A. Why that is i don't know but it just seems to happen that way. Now having said that i'm sure that arguement can go both ways when FCS comes this way. We have some very good refs in this part of the state if you don't believe me just go outside the area and you will quickly find out how lucky we are. However i will say that we have suffered two VERY BIG loses the past two years in our ref'ing community. One being Mr Conaster and the other being Casey (his last name escapes me big tall dark headed ref) both are two of the best ref's to step on the floor and one thing that i have always found to be constant in the games that they call is that no matter whether you were at home or away you were ALWAYS going to get a fair shake!!! Its a shame that the "powers that be" that are over the ref's let these two go. They were an asset to your community mr melton and believe me i have nothing to do with the ref's just a fan of the game....

From all that i have gathered it was the wife of Clay Co.'s coach and another woman that was thrown out of the game. However for FCS1984 to insiuate that the ref's decided the outcome of the game is ludicris!! The game was AT FCS and while i wasn't at the game i have been to many games on the visitors side at FCS and the home teams gets most of the "questionable" calls to go their way especially if its a team from 7A. Why that is i don't know but it just seems to happen that way. Now having said that i'm sure that arguement can go both ways when FCS comes this way. We have some very good refs in this part of the state if you don't believe me just go outside the area and you will quickly find out how lucky we are. However i will say that we have suffered two VERY BIG loses the past two years in our ref'ing community. One being Mr Conaster and the other being Casey (his last name escapes me big tall dark headed ref) both are two of the best ref's to step on the floor and one thing that i have always found to be constant in the games that they call is that no matter whether you were at home or away you were ALWAYS going to get a fair shake!!! Its a shame that the "powers that be" that are over the ref's let these two go. They were an asset to your community mr melton and believe me i have nothing to do with the ref's just a fan of the game....

First i never said the refs decided the outcome of the game. All i said was that there were bad calls on both sides . My problem is the refs the way they dont call some things and do call somethings that should let kids play. BUT IN NO WAY DO I BELIEVE THEY COST US THE GAME . BECAUSE IF we hit just half free throws we win so thats what caused us to lose imo. Congr. to clay county player i think his number was22 he played a heck of a good game.

FCS1984 - What do you feel could be done to improve the level of officiating in your area ? Are officials not hustling, out of position, not properly addressing the coaches or 'bench decorum' rules ? In other words, where do you feel there is the most room for improvement ?

I am assuming that you are a fan of FCS (by your name). Have you attended any games this year that your team was not involved in ? If so, do you remember how you felt as though the officials did in that particular game.

It has been my experience that your loyalty to a team can sometimes 'haze' your perception of the officiating crew.

I'm intrested to hear your comments.

Also, nice job by the crew in handling the fan situation the way they did.

[/qute]

First i think they need to take bball refs and have play days like volleyball does . Have older refs watch and train them a couple different times before they put on the striped shirt and are the know all of know all.Dont get me wrong there are some good refs. young and old .Need a little more knowledge of rules .Couple of examples are on a charge to the basket or is it a block . Hardly any one will call it the same way twice. Walking is another example some allow players 3 or 4 steps like its the nba others see pivot foot raise up call it. I have been to several games some up in jackson county i have enjoyed . Some in westmoreland ,other places bad refs not just in district 8 IMO/

Did Conaster retire or what??? He was a good and fair official, not to mention a fine human being from what I could see.

No the associations higher ups didn't like the fact that he didn't throw Uppermans coach out of game one night about two years ago so they basically fired him. He is now calling games in East Tn and let me just say that the loss is the teams and fans in this area. He is and was a very good ref and so is the "Casey" guy. Some of the people that control the association of refs need to take some of their own advice and check their ego's at the door. These two guys were an ASSET so why they are refing somewhere else is beyond me!!