Henry county and the rest of 7-4a

the prophet

How is the rest of 7-4a looking. What your projectins for the region? Any head coaching changes other than JCM? Has JCM hired a coach yet?

There are many questions arond the region but Henry county is probably the answer. Spring practice has not yet started but with the returners that they have coming back, Munofrd will need another big recruiting year to turn things around in the region. JCM although talented will probably be more than a year out and with there numbers, they may never compete in 4a again. Hardin County? Shutt is gone, I think Gilcrist is still there. They should be among the top four. Brighton is supppose to have some talent in the stables, but not likely enought o clsoe the gamp may reach the playoffs. The Norhtside indians with Mann returning should probably finish 2nd if they can hold it together ofver there.

With all of this said, my predictions for next season are

1. Henry county

2. Norhtside

3. Munford

4. Hardin county

5. Liberty

6. Brighton

7. JCM

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the rest of 7-4a looking. What your projectins for the region? Any head coaching changes other than JCM? Has JCM hired a coach yet?

There are many questions arond the region but Henry county is probably the answer. Spring practice has not yet started but with the returners that they have coming back, Munofrd will need another big recruiting year to turn things around in the region. JCM although talented will probably be more than a year out and with there numbers, they may never compete in 4a again. Hardin County? Shutt is gone, I think Gilcrist is still there. They should be among the top four. Brighton is supppose to have some talent in the stables, but not likely enought o clsoe the gamp may reach the playoffs. The Norhtside indians with Mann returning should probably finish 2nd if they can hold it together ofver there.

1. Henry county

2. Norhtside

3. Munford

4. Hardin county

5. Liberty

6. Brighton

7. JCM

What an understatement as far as Henry is concerned. They are by far and away the most talented team in the region and with their tandem of Allen and Teagues in the backfield, may be one of the state's best. I look for them to make a huge noise in the playoffs! As for Munford, they will be in a for certain rebuilding mode. ( I find it humorous though that you felt compelled to mention recruiting in the same breath as Munford). I don't recall them having any recruits that Henry or anyone else screamed about last year though, and they still were able to finish 2nd. Northside may or may not have Coach Massey back. I understand he applied for the Jonesboro, Ar. job and has privately expressed his intention of leaving Northside. Whether or not he does will play a huge role in their finish in the region. JCM is dead in the water....Period!!!! Liberty will have athletes, and Hardin will continue to be one of the better coached teams in the league. Brighton will have athletes but the question will again be, what will they do with them. Here goes the early pick ...1. Henry Co.

2. Jackson Northside if Massey is back

3. Hardin Co.

4.Northside is Massey is gone...otherwise Liberty moves into the #4 spot

5. Brighton misses out on the playoffs for the second straight year

6. Munford

7. JCM goes winless in the region as Liberty passes them by

It's early though, but isn't it fun to think about!!!!

What an understatement as far as Henry is concerned. They are by far and away the most talented team in the region and with their tandem of Allen and Teagues in the backfield, may be one of the state's best. I look for them to make a huge noise in the playoffs! As for Munford, they will be in a for certain rebuilding mode. ( I find it humorous though that you felt compelled to mention recruiting in the same breath as Munford). I don't recall them having any recruits that Henry or anyone else screamed about last year though, and they still were able to finish 2nd. Northside may or may not have Coach Massey back. I understand he applied for the Jonesboro, Ar. job and has privately expressed his intention of leaving Northside. Whether or not he does will play a huge role in their finish in the region. JCM is dead in the water....Period!!!! Liberty will have athletes, and Hardin will continue to be one of the better coached teams in the league. Brighton will have athletes but the question will again be, what will they do with them. Here goes the early pick ...1. Henry Co.

2. Jackson Northside if Massey is back

3. Hardin Co.

4.Northside is Massey is gone...otherwise Liberty moves into the #4 spot

5. Brighton misses out on the playoffs for the second straight year

6. Munford

7. JCM goes winless in the region as Liberty passes them by

It's early though, but isn't it fun to think about!!!!

It was just a shot of humor, I find it odd that you pick Munford so far down, they obviously have good coaching and will be in the mix dont you think. There was some rumblings coming from Munford back during the season, cant remember who discusssed the issues that Randle had been shorted on but I got hte impression from thngs that I read that Randle might be looking to move away. Any knews on that? Massey has turned things around at NS, is he from Jonesboro area?

I find it odd that Munford questions Brighton's coaching, yet Brighton beat Munford last year.

No one was questioning the coaching at Brighton. They do a very commendable job. I only meant to say , "what will the team be like without that outstanding running back they had that graduated". Who will take his place? Will the new linemen be a good fit...etc.

1. Henry county

2. Norhtside

3. Munford

4. Hardin county

5. Liberty

6. Brighton

7. JCM

Don't crown Henry County too early. They lost some very good linemen. They do return the best player in the region and some may say the best two players in the region, however. The Hardin County receiver was not impressive to me. They will barely miss him. Munford should be better. Northside could win the region.

What an understatement as far as Henry is concerned. They are by far and away the most talented team in the region and with their tandem of Allen and Teagues in the backfield, may be one of the state's best. I look for them to make a huge noise in the playoffs! As for Munford, they will be in a for certain rebuilding mode. ( I find it humorous though that you felt compelled to mention recruiting in the same breath as Munford). I don't recall them having any recruits that Henry or anyone else screamed about last year though, and they still were able to finish 2nd. Northside may or may not have Coach Massey back. I understand he applied for the Jonesboro, Ar. job and has privately expressed his intention of leaving Northside. Whether or not he does will play a huge role in their finish in the region. JCM is dead in the water....Period!!!! Liberty will have athletes, and Hardin will continue to be one of the better coached teams in the league. Brighton will have athletes but the question will again be, what will they do with them. Here goes the early pick ...1. Henry Co. 2. Jackson Northside if Massey is back 3. Hardin Co. 4.Northside is Massey is gone...otherwise Liberty moves into the #4 spot 5. Brighton misses out on the playoffs for the second straight year 6. Munford 7. JCM goes winless in the region as Liberty passes them by It's early though, but isn't it fun to think about!!!!

You and I both know that Munford is better than sixth. You are purposely setting the bar low, so you can come back and talk about them being the greatest coaches of all time. They are good coaches and they have done a good job. You are just always unwilling to admit that they possess talent. Their talent level was fair last year, but two years ago it was the best in the district. I would say that Henry County should win the district, with Munford, Northside, and Hardin County, rounding out the other playoff spots, just like last year. I am just not certain about the order.

I find it odd that Munford questions Brighton's coaching, yet Brighton beat Munford last year.

Do you think the winning team always outcoaches the losing team? Brighton was more talented than Munford last year. They should have beaten them.

Don't crown Henry County too early. They lost some very good linemen. They do return the best player in the region and some may say the best two players in the region, however. The Hardin County receiver was not impressive to me. They will barely miss him. Munford should be better. Northside could win the region.

No one has crowned anyone yet, I am just a little prophetic.

Last Year Munford was tops until we knocked them off,

the year before, JCM was tops until Munford knocked them off

Well, until we get knocked off, we are the team to beat old coaching friend, just ask coach in region 7-4a who they need to beat to win the region, they will not slay JCM, Brighton, Munford, Northside, Hardin County, or Lilberty. I am not suggesting that Henry county can just show up and win any of these games, what I am suggesting is if all teams are healthy and all teams play their best, Henry coutny wins.

You and I both know that Munford is better than sixth. You are purposely setting the bar low, so you can come back and talk about them being the greatest coaches of all time. They are good coaches and they have done a good job. You are just always unwilling to admit that they possess talent. Their talent level was fair last year, but two years ago it was the best in the district. I would say that Henry County should win the district, with Munford, Northside, and Hardin County, rounding out the other playoff spots, just like last year. I am just not certain about the order.Do you think the winning team always outcoaches the losing team? Brighton was more talented than Munford last year. They should have beaten them.

Oh, come on...it's way too early to start! I'm just happy that we've got football in the air (albeit spring ball.) We will work several Spring games in April and May and I'm looking forward to that. CBHS always follows this format along with Houston and it's surprising that the competetion, even though it's early, is usually very good. Now, looking back at your district. Henry rules the region! As I stated earlier, Massey may be leaving Northside. If he stays and they pick up where they left off at the end of last year they will be extrememly hard to beat. They showed against Henry they are capable, even though Henry may have considered the game over. They played very well against Melrose, falling by only l td. Understand they were inside the 10 yard line 5 times and could not get it in. If NS has to find a new coach, I'm under the opinion that they fall to #4 in the region. (Takes time to get used to new systems, etc). I don't think anyone can dispute the fact that coaches at Hardin Co. do a super job. Year in and year out, they seem to always put a competetive team on the field, regardless of their talent level. One other thing about that bunch is they play "hard" EVERY time out. That's a credit to the staff down there. Liberty is a ticking time bomb. With the advantages they have (being a magnet school and being able to draw from everywhere) it is only a matter of time until a they are able to put together a solid group of athletes (including numbers) that will challenge every week. (Cutting into the stranglehold that basketball has on that school will help also!). Brighton and Munford both lost most of their starters, both offensively and defensively. They will be counting on a number of young people (sophs) to have to contribute. Their Freshman team won only l game last year, so that factor along with the number of SRs that have graduated in the last two years, are the reasons for my picking Munford in the sixth spot. (Just makes sense to me). It's early, but that's the way your region stacks up to me. In Memphis, Melrose will again continue to sit at the top of the region and Fairley will be the only challenge to end their dominance in the league. Look for W. Station to fall off the mountain top and begin a slow downward spiral back to mediocrity. Major Wright leaving for B'Crest will experience life in the fast lane and will have to take the kind of whippings he did early at W.Station, before he will make a difference. CBHS is without both a QB and premier RB (After the defection of the kid to Olive Branch, Miss.) Whitehaven should be solid but the BEST of the BEST will be in Millington. They are simply loaded and look to build on their 13-1 season of 07. Whoops, didn't mean to run on. Just like talking, thinking, etc. about football and have enjoyed the last several days being able to read about it on here.

Oh, come on...it's way too early to start! I'm just happy that we've got football in the air (albeit spring ball.) We will work several Spring games in April and May and I'm looking forward to that. CBHS always follows this format along with Houston and it's surprising that the competetion, even though it's early, is usually very good. Now, looking back at your district. Henry rules the region! As I stated earlier, Massey may be leaving Northside. If he stays and they pick up where they left off at the end of last year they will be extrememly hard to beat. They showed against Henry they are capable, even though Henry may have considered the game over. They played very well against Melrose, falling by only l td. Understand they were inside the 10 yard line 5 times and could not get it in. If NS has to find a new coach, I'm under the opinion that they fall to #4 in the region. (Takes time to get used to new systems, etc). I don't think anyone can dispute the fact that coaches at Hardin Co. do a super job. Year in and year out, they seem to always put a competetive team on the field, regardless of their talent level. One other thing about that bunch is they play "hard" EVERY time out. That's a credit to the staff down there. Liberty is a ticking time bomb. With the advantages they have (being a magnet school and being able to draw from everywhere) it is only a matter of time until a they are able to put together a solid group of athletes (including numbers) that will challenge every week. (Cutting into the stranglehold that basketball has on that school will help also!). Brighton and Munford both lost most of their starters, both offensively and defensively. They will be counting on a number of young people (sophs) to have to contribute. Their Freshman team won only l game last year, so that factor along with the number of SRs that have graduated in the last two years, are the reasons for my picking Munford in the sixth spot. (Just makes sense to me). It's early, but that's the way your region stacks up to me. In Memphis, Melrose will again continue to sit at the top of the region and Fairley will be the only challenge to end their dominance in the league. Look for W. Station to fall off the mountain top and begin a slow downward spiral back to mediocrity. Major Wright leaving for B'Crest will experience life in the fast lane and will have to take the kind of whippings he did early at W.Station, before he will make a difference. CBHS is without both a QB and premier RB (After the defection of the kid to Olive Branch, Miss.) Whitehaven should be solid but the BEST of the BEST will be in Millington. They are simply loaded and look to build on their 13-1 season of 07. Whoops, didn't mean to run on. Just like talking, thinking, etc. about football and have enjoyed the last several days being able to read about it on here.

wtnoff

What kind of effect will the new coach at Ridgeway have on rosters in the area. I have heard grumblings around Melrose threads about their present coach. Will Ridgeway have a few transfers this season?