District 4A Next Year

superdaveosborne

gymTOgym,

I haven't been on here saying that the seniors didn't deserve A LOT of credit. They do! They were the great especially early in the season.

I feel that Wartburg should be a competitive team in the district and region due to the following facts.

1. They won the region without settles and with Galloway and Lavender playing only about 2-3 minutes a game.

2. They need two good guards to step up in order to be competitive.

3. There are a TON of guards in Wartburg. The soon to be Junior class has Lauren Bunch, Alisha Winegar, and Miranda Longmire all of whom are capable of getting 6-10 points per game, McPeters could also be a factor later in the year as a soph. in the PG position.

4. I think that if the Freels girl can be aggressive and play solid defense they will be very good in the post and point areas, that only leaves them 1 or 2 shooters away from contending again.

5. Style of Play is also something that will keep them in games that matchup zone is a tough defense to play against. It is a different way of playing and can be made to speed the game up or slow it down.

I think the team can finish as high as second in the region but I don't know about winning it. TIme will tell!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic