best freshmen?

knoxvegas19

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seth Williams of Bearden strong defender, Jack McCoy of West excellent striker, and Austin Pugh of Maryville very good Center Mid with excellent vision and quickness. These are the best freshman I have seen play this year.

I agree with all of this. McCoy (Jack) I think will be much better than his brother (Cody), especially if he learns to keep his whining to a minimum. I think the problem is with the whole West team- they all complain about everything that happens to them. This really annoys the ref's- 3 of them have mentioned how it is a problem. Better quit before the playoffs!! Austin Pugh at Maryville, really impresses me! He wastes no time, doesn't try anything fancy and makes quick decisions. He involves the other players and makes their life easier. THAT is the sign of a player headed for greatness and probably getting to play at a college level. Of the 3, I would say that Seth Williams is clearly the best of them! He has a very complete game already- and has been put in the back on a Bearden team that doesn't have solid defenders to show him the way- like in recent years! This is the whole problem for the Bearden team this year. He is learning quickly! The keeper at Bearden, freshman Jamie White certainly deserves to be mentioned! ( A side note- all these players (except McCoy) are on the same competative team- yet they can't win at State....hummmm! Coaching????) Jamie White has done far better than expected given the situation! Don't forget that Bearden has played the toughest schedule of any team in the state- with exception to JP in div II. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

You only speak so well about bearden freshman because you are part of the family there... And beardens schedule is not the hardest Farragut and West have both played the same teams and both come out with more wins so the whining apparantly is working for them

I agree with all of this. McCoy (Jack) I think will be much better than his brother (Cody), especially if he learns to keep his whining to a minimum. I think the problem is with the whole West team- they all complain about everything that happens to them. This really annoys the ref's- 3 of them have mentioned how it is a problem. Better quit before the playoffs!! Austin Pugh at Maryville, really impresses me! He wastes no time, doesn't try anything fancy and makes quick decisions. He involves the other players and makes their life easier. THAT is the sign of a player headed for greatness and probably getting to play at a college level. Of the 3, I would say that Seth Williams is clearly the best of them! He has a very complete game already- and has been put in the back on a Bearden team that doesn't have solid defenders to show him the way- like in recent years! This is the whole problem for the Bearden team this year. He is learning quickly! The keeper at Bearden, freshman Jamie White certainly deserves to be mentioned! ( A side note- all these players (except McCoy) are on the same competative team- yet they can't win at State....hummmm! Coaching????) Jamie White has done far better than expected given the situation! Don't forget that Bearden has played the toughest schedule of any team in the state- with exception to JP in div II. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I do not know what the deal is with everyone saying west is "whinny". They have been playing great soccer and finished the regular season with a win against a great catholic team. So people need to really get over the whole west whining thing

I do not know what the deal is with everyone saying west is "whinny". They have been playing great soccer and finished the regular season with a win against a great catholic team. So people need to really get over the whole west whining thing

The whole"Whinny" comment is about as factual as any one could be!! On any play that has contact, they have arms raised...as if to say "didn't you see that?" The comments are almost non-stop! I have heard them myself....and so has every fan that has watched a game. The most telling sign that they are "Whinny" is because at a recent college game- Carson-Newman vs University of the Cumberlands, the 3 refs that were doing that game approached me- I have known them for a long time and have watched many college games they have had. They mentioned to me.....not me to them...that they had recently had a West game. Their comments were the same as any ref- the constant whinning gets annoying! They are only human. They all agreed that this constant complaining has to stop before the State level- where even more contact is allowed and the pressure is harder, faster and more frequent!! I only mentioned this to try and help them! Yes, help them. I think they are a "GREAT" team and really have a chance to do something special. I would hate to see that go down the crapper because they quit playing a tough game because the calls don't go their way. They can do with this knowledge as they feel....it's up to them! Oh yeah......your comment above- is whinning!!!