region 2a

Took

wartburg is a hot team right now. i think the other night they played above what they are cabable of playing on a regular basis. harriman is coming off a tough loss to rockwood and have a lot of talent. harriman is my pick to win this game. rockwood coalfield seems to be the most interesting match-up on monday. the first time coalfield waxed rockwood and the second time rockwood waxed coalfield. i have seen both rockwood and coalfield play and from what i have seen rockwood is the better team. i think that a lot of people feel that way. but the thing about baseball is that anything can happen. rockwood has to come out with their heads screwed on straight or they will get beat. now if they come out and play what they are capable of playing, it will be another story. rockwood should throw their ace and i dont know about coalfield who they will throw since they threw a lot yesterday. anyone have any information.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coalfields coach doesnt seem to be very concerned about playing rockwood. when asked what he thought about having to play rockwood he said something like "we've played them before and beat them so im not that worried." allegedly. the yellow jackets shouldnt be concerned in his mind.

no one gives wartburg any respect. they don't need it. bottom line, they will gain their respect on the field. keep believing dogs, and keep playing hard. let the other people nay say. can't wait till monday!

i think wartburg gained a ton of respect by beating coalfield TWICE in one day. however most people think that harriman is the better team

i think wartburg gained a ton of respect by beating coalfield TWICE in one day. however most people think that harriman is the better team

i understand that, but wartburg is a very talented team, they are well coached, i understand that people think harriman is the better team, but wartburg beat them once and i dont see why they cant beat them again. i think wartburg is a better team then people give them creadit for, i pick them making it to sub-state if not state. i also think coming off the loss to wartburg that coalfield will beat rockwood so we may have another district 4-a championship game again.

I don't know when people are going to give Wartburg the credit they deserve. We have quietly built one of the stronger sports programs Winter thru Spring in East TN.

Basketball and Baseball seem to be very good yet everyone seems to doubt us over and over. If the Administration would get behind and push for stronger football and softball teams one could reasonably say we had one of the top 10 sports programs in East Tn. (without recruiting) Right now I'd say we are top 10 in the state in Basketball and Baseball cumulatively....and we do it the RIGHT way!

Good Job Boys!!! Go Get Harriman!

I don't know when people are going to give Wartburg the credit they deserve. We have quietly built one of the stronger sports programs Winter thru Spring in East TN.

Basketball and Baseball seem to be very good yet everyone seems to doubt us over and over. If the Administration would get behind and push for stronger football and softball teams one could reasonably say we had one of the top 10 sports programs in East Tn. (without recruiting) Right now I'd say we are top 10 in the state in Basketball and Baseball cumulatively....and we do it the RIGHT way!

top 10 pragrams in east tennessee? ha. ok everyone is giving you guys credit for beating coalfield. but up until that point, what has your baseball team done? nothing. there are many schools that are way better than yall at basketball and baseball. you wanna know how your team stacks up against other teams, take a trip to lookout valley one weeked and play some of the teams up there. then get back on here and talk about gettin some respect. warburg is not a top 10 program when it comes to athletics. they are good at basketball. they are a basketball school. yes you beat coalfield twice, and you might beat harriman tonight. might. maybe. could. but i believe saying that you have one of the top 10 schools in athletics in east tn in a little farfetched. good luck to all teams today

Top 10 sports programs in East Tn? Top 10 in state in basketball and baseball? What you smoking? Let me just throw a few schools out there in East Tn. Alcoa, Oak Ridge, Maryville, Farragut, Bearden, Anderson County, Oneida, Webb, Catholic, Fulton, Austin East, Powell, Halls, Harriman, Loudon, Rockwood, Sweetwater, Lenoir City, and the list goes on and on and on. I won't even respond to the top 10 in the state comment. The support should be there for Wartburg. Isn't the director of schools the daddy of the Wartburg girls coach? This has to be the funniest post I've ever read. I am the first to say I'm glad you beat Coalfield, but don't go overboard with a couple of wins in baseball.

Top 10 sports programs in East Tn? Top 10 in state in basketball and baseball? What you smoking? Let me just throw a few schools out there in East Tn. Alcoa, Oak Ridge, Maryville, Farragut, Bearden, Anderson County, Oneida, Webb, Catholic, Fulton, Austin East, Powell, Halls, Harriman, Loudon, Rockwood, Sweetwater, Lenoir City, and the list goes on and on and on. I won't even respond to the top 10 in the state comment. The support should be there for Wartburg. Isn't the director of schools the daddy of the Wartburg girls coach? This has to be the funniest post I've ever read. I am the first to say I'm glad you beat Coalfield, but don't go overboard with a couple of wins in baseball.

first off half of those schools you jus named off aren't even in the same class. idk about top 10 but they have one of the better programs in east tn for sure.

first off half of those schools you jus named off aren't even in the same class. idk about top 10 but they have one of the better programs in east tn for sure.

Didn't see where they said in their class. They have a good basketball program, baseball is average and the football, well I won't go there. Let me throw you ten single A schools that are better in sports all the way around than Wartburg. Oneida, Rockwood, Harriman, Unaka, Hampton, Greenback, Oliver Springs, University School, Lookout Valley, South Pittsburgh, Coalfield, Midway and Cosby.