DII Sub-state

quiksilver

Does anybody see this new DII format a bit ridiculous, or is it just me? Why should DII be split up into two classifications? If you look at the smaller classification there is one team that is playing who only won 1 game the whole year and another team who doesn't even play anyone on Saturday. To me, it kind of seems like you don't even have to do much to get into the state tournament.

Now, I realize that people are gonna make arguments about bigger schools vs. smaller schools, but the same could be said about AAA. There are some schools that are just barely over the TSSAA mark for enrollment and those schools are made to play against the powerhouses in order to get to state. Schools in AAA are beginning to step up and learning to play with the top schools. If you don't think so, then tell me why Bearden and Farragut aren't going to be in the state tournament. All I'm saying is that if the TSSAA is going to bend rules, as they have for DII, then the need to set another classification for AAA, or make a AAAA division. I have no problem with them not creating another division, but then DII should return to its former set-up.

Any thoughts?