Rockwood Tigers

eastTNfootballFAN1

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Rockwood is 27-7

I read in the Knoxville News-Sentintel that they were 28-6 but my friend who is a rockwood dad tells me they are 27-7. Also he informed me that Rockwood plays in the LV tourney each year and that is how the two school have become good friends. He said it is a mutual respect thing that has grown out of yrs of competing against each other. He said last yr in the state that the two teams fans cheered for each other (they were in different brackets). I think that kind of sportsmanship should be honored and not made fun of. As a roane countian (who has witnessed yrs of Rockwood/Harriman wars) I am curious to find out how the two of them act when they go to the Boro. They are in different brackets. Will harriman fans cheer for rockwood (and vice versa)? Also who will Rockwood fans cheer for when Harriman plays LV? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

I am curious to find out how the two of them act when they go to the Boro. They are in different brackets. Will harriman fans cheer for rockwood (and vice versa)? Also who will Rockwood fans cheer for when Harriman plays LV? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Tell them to sit back watch the game and cheer for both sides. GO ROCKWOOD & GO JACKETS!

Maybe you all can go out for a team dinner with each other at the Boro. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Bring flowers... /wub.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

The good thing about this comment is that we could sit down and have dinner together, and enjoy each others company. Always enjoy breaking bread with top class people, too bad you wouldn't be invited to join us..... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

As a roane countian (who has witnessed yrs of Rockwood/Harriman wars) I am curious to find out how the two of them act when they go to the Boro. They are in different brackets. Will harriman fans cheer for rockwood (and vice versa)? Also who will Rockwood fans cheer for when Harriman plays LV? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

It's funny how sports in Roane Co. go in circles. The Rockwood/Harriman rivarly has evolved over the past 20 years. In the late 80's/early 90's, RHS-HHS had a few bench clearing brawls and really, REALLY hated each other. Then, by the mid 90's our games were competitive, yet social. During my upperclassman years at RHS, several of the Harriman players and us would meet at home plate and shoot the bull for 15 or 20 minutes. Before the drop to single A, the hated rival for both of us was Kingston. I can remember Harriman coming to our games with Kingston and vice versa to cheer against the Jackets.

I think the drop to single for both schools plus Rockwood's immediate emergence as one of the top Single A teams in the area, then Harriman's development under Andy in the post-RD years has really heated the rivalry back up.

Truth is it is great for 2 Roane Co. schools to be in the state tourney. I hope one of them brings back Roane's 1st state championship because the best finish we have is a runners-up by Kingston in 1993. Should be an exciting week in the Boro.

The good thing about this comment is that we could sit down and have dinner together, and enjoy each others company. Always enjoy breaking bread with top class people, too bad you wouldn't be invited to join us..... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I am embarrassed to say so, but I already have an invite from Cofer.

HEY, Can old RCR sit down with the family? Again!!!!!!!!!

Oh Yea, GO ROCKWOOD!!! GO JACKETS!!!