Father Ryan Invititional 9-19, 9-20

PHargis

One of the premier Tournaments is the father Ryan Invitational If someone would post the schools in this tourney and the matchups by day and time and then post the scores as they occur, it would be appreciated. There is major interest in this tournament from all over the state. This is considered a major HS Tournament that many look to as to trends of Tennessee Volleyball.

Father Ryan, Centennial, Ensworth,BGA, Blackman, Siegel, DCA, Page, according to TSSAA schedules, are in the Ryan Tournament. This is a very Class Tournament. The schools selected are class schools. It will be an enjoyable event. As soon as the matchups and times are arrived at, please post them on this site so the fans can have an opportunity to come see this great tournament.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the premier Tournaments is the father Ryan Invitational If someone would post the schools in this tourney and the matchups by day and time and then post the scores as they occur, it would be appreciated. There is major interest in this tournament from all over the state. This is considered a major HS Tournament that many look to as to trends of Tennessee Volleyball.

Father Ryan, Centennial,

Does this tournament have any openings?

Do not know. Not responsible for scheduling. You can contact the VB coach at Father Ryan, Nashville Tennessee and they will know. This tournament is generally filled up in a very short time. Very high quality teams have usually been entered. Are you an in state school or are you out of State?

Do not know. Not responsible for scheduling. You can contact the VB coach at Father Ryan, Nashville Tennessee and they will know. This tournament is generally filled up in a very short time. Very high quality teams have usually been entered. Are you an in state school or are you out of State?

Tournament is full but we had a team drop out las year so give me some contact info and we'll le t you know if anything opens up!!

Please look at the post above by 317 as he would like to make contact with you in case there is an opening. Generally Speaking, you did not answer my post so I hope you look at this post. This is a solid tournament.

Please look at the post above by 317 as he would like to make contact with you in case there is an opening. Generally Speaking, you did not answer my post so I hope you look at this post. This is a solid tournament.

I am with Lexington (KY) Lafayette. We have played in the Page/Centennial Tournament in the past

as well as the LaVergne Tournament of Champions. We played in the Mountain Empire Classic last year

and are currently entered in it this year as well. We have a conflict on the weekend of 9/27 and are looking

for something either Labor Day weekend or the weekend of 9/20.

I am with Lexington (KY) Lafayette. We have played in the Page/Centennial Tournament in the past

as well as the LaVergne Tournament of Champions. We played in the Mountain Empire Classic last year

and are currently entered in it this year as well. We have a conflict on the weekend of 9/27 and are looking

for something either Labor Day weekend or the weekend of 9/20.

317, who is with Ryan, will pick up this message. If you will post your email on here he will have a way of getting to you. I ask him to confirm on here that he has received your email as I tried to email you and evidently you are not a member of T and cannot receive a T email. He might give you his email and you can post off line. It would be good if you joined T, which is for a year, and it would be easier with the communications and be able to see the best site for Volleyball in the South but not only that, post with some of the most knowledgable and best connected fans in the nation. Hope this site helped you make the connection you wanted. Your school IS recognizable in Kentucky.

317, who is with Ryan, will pick up this message. If you will post your email on here he will have a way of getting to you. I ask him to confirm on here that he has received your email as I tried to email you and evidently you are not a member of T and cannot receive a T email. He might give you his email and you can post off line. It would be good if you joined T, which is for a year, and it would be easier with the communications and be able to see the best site for Volleyball in the South but not only that, post with some of the most knowledgable and best connected fans in the nation. Hope this site helped you make the connection you wanted. Your school IS recognizable in Kentucky.

Send me your info to bnasupply@aol.com and I'll keep you in the loop... hopefulle we won't have an opening but you really never know!! Thanks

• 1 month later...

"The Man" has come back alive after staying up all night the last two days and seems ready to go for another great weekend of VB Tournaments in Tennessee. They don't slow down, they just get better and the Schools and players do also. If the officials run short this time, we are recruiting GLJ to put together an auxillery core of officials to tide us thru and maybe P4k to get things moving. The problem with the VB season being so short is that someone is going to have to start "TRAINING"(Loud voice) some Officials a little bit earlier. No more situations like WC again please. You would think this is a female program and competing against an oblong sphere. After all, this sport is inside and at least the Officiating is in the dry. And at least the head of TSSAA Head of Volleyball will come out and see what the problem is with the sport. This is serious business when Schools show up for matches which have to be entered in their school record to be played and officials not be able to call the matches. Enough of that as 317 even understands that and hemay be asked to put a crew together himself. This sport does appreciate the response to glitches in the system and hopes things get worked out.

So PM, get your computer warmed up and your bag of tricks ready, ask 317 what you need at Ryan because it is a small Tournament(How did that happen?), and scores need to be turned in and the next days events posted so the great fans might know what is happening. Hope those two concession stands are running full tilt. Thats at Father Ryan High School, In Nashville.

Here is the schedule for Friday, Sept. 19:

Court 1..............................................Court 2

4 PM - Father Ryan vs DCA..................Knoxville Catholic vs Ensworth

5 PM - Father Ryan vs Siegel................Ensworth vs Blackman

6 PM - Briarwood vs DCA.....................Knoxville Catholic vs Page

7 PM - Centennial vs Siegel..................Blackman vs Cookeville

8 PM - Centennial vs Briarwood............Cookeville vs Page

Here are some of the basic ground rules:

Each match will be 2 out of 3 rally to 25 all 3 games

Seeding into the single elimination bracket is as follows:

a. Matches won in pool play

b. Head-to-Head

c. Points scored against team

d. Coin toss

There will be an all-tournament team of 6 players plus a MVP

Admission is $5 on Friday, $6 on Saturday.

Saturday Schedule to follow shortly.

Schedule for Saturday, September 20

Court 1...........................................Court 2

9 AM - DCA vs Siegel.......................Knoxville Catholic vs Blackman

10 AM - Father Ryan vs Briarwood.....Cookeville vs Ensworth

11 AM - Centennial vs DCA...............Page vs Blackman

Noon - Father Ryan vs Centennial......Knoxville Catholic vs Cookeville

1 PM - Siegel vs Briarwood................Ensworth vs Page

The single eliminatoin tournament begins after the completion of pool play - brackets will be distributed after pool play is completed.

Announcements