Milan at Dresden

onesixes

I know I live in the past and everything..... but true Dawg fans don't loose hope.... The same ole croud were casting their doubt in 1998 when there was no possible way we could beat Harpeth Huntington or Union City much less David Lipscomb...Guess What

BLING BLING Who got a ring? So as far as I am concerned some say we are Cockey I Say Not it aint bragging if you do it and you can back it up! you doubters and haters out there come see us play in the Buro!!!!!! PS all the Alcoa fans reading this post if memory serves me well David Lipscomb Beat you that year 38-0

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nwtnsports

The game previews are up on the football page over at milanhighsports.com. Check out the Lion and Bulldog scouting reports. Then pick this week's winner in the poll. Dresden fans can get the Milan roster and stats on the site.

bulldog fan#2, I think that you and cofo need to chill. I just think that motivation and desire come from the top. That's all, nothing else. I don't think that milan coaches have gone dumb or forgotten how to coach the game. You don't win 2 state titles by being dumb. However, I do agree with Victor's article in that the entire team needs an attitude adjustment or it will come back to bite us by this team being less than what they're capable of being. Cofo, if you look at the way that jcs defended usj friday night then you'll see the model of how to slow down the passing game with a qb in the shotgun. ironically, it looks like the same approach milan took against both teams last year with a defense that was half as talented as this years lineup.

It's impossible to copy that type of pass happy offense with a scout team in practice...USJ/JCS does it everyday. Don't freak over the USJ/JCS results. Milan will be fine. The semis are in Milan...I'm worried about Alcoa...are they that good?

Ok - I'll chill a little bit but I gotta say one more thing that I hope most will agree with. With the exception of the 2003 team, the teams since then have gone deeper thin the playoffs than I think they should have.

Man I don't know if I can agree with this. Bryce King, Daylan Walker, Burke, Pup, Cornelius Coleman, Lydale, Kentrell, Kirby, Blount, Alred, Eric Coleman, Bomer, etc........... That's a list that most teams could go pretty deep with.

Guest nwtnsports

Those were some really good players at Milan. But let's think about it.

'04 - 6-4 in regular season, lost to JCM by 13, Peabody by 7, Covington by 28 and Humboldt by 5

Playoffs: beat Mitchell by 3 in OT, beat Westview by 16, beat Carver by 2, lost to Huntingdon by 5

'05 - 7-2 in regular season, lost to Huntingdon by 3 and Westview by 4

Playoffs: beat Treadwell by 51, beat Westview by 7, lost to Huntingdon by 10

'06 - 9-1 in regular season, lost to Crockett Co. by 28, forfeited four wins

Playoffs: beat Treadwell by 41, beat Peabody by 1, beat Humboldt by 1, lost to Goodpasture by 13

'07 - 9-1 in regular season, lost to Huntingdon by 7

Playoffs: beat Jackson Christian by 23, beat Huntingdon by 17, lost to Peabody by 5

So, my thinking is we could have lost in the first or third round in '04, second round in '05 - Westview had beaten us two weeks earlier - and second or third round in '06. But we didn't, mostly because of athletes and coaching.

The only year all of those players would have been on the roster together was '04, when we squeaked into the playoffs with two region losses then took Huntingdon to the wire in the semifinals.

I'm worried about Alcoa...are they that good?

Yes, I'm pretty sure they are. I've seen them beat Goodpasture in the state championship the past two years. Some Tornado fans said back in the summer that this year's team might be better than the previous two.

Man I don't know if I can agree with this. Bryce King, Daylan Walker, Burke, Pup, Cornelius Coleman, Lydale, Kentrell, Kirby, Blount, Alred, Eric Coleman, Bomer, etc........... That's a list that most teams could go pretty deep with.

I don't think they all started at the the same time did they? Talented? For sure!! Great players for the Bulldogs!!!