District 11AAA

CHSAlumni

No discredit to Columbia, because they are a good team. But something is telling me this Franklin team may end up being like the Indy team of 2 years ago...a BUST. I'm not sure I believe it but something is telling me to.

The only bust is you for thinking that; glover and

starnes haven't touched the floor, and haddix is playing well. You should be ashamed for comparing franklin basketball to independence, everything you say now means nothing.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No discredit to Columbia, because they are a good team. But something is telling me this Franklin team may end up being like the Indy team of 2 years ago...a BUST. I'm not sure I believe it but something is telling me to.

Well, I have kept quiet so far this basketball season, but I have to come out and get back on this board after this ridiculus comment. It is just funny, we lose one game and this dude is writing us off and calling us a bust. Were you at the game? We did not play well on the road in that hostile gym in Columbia. We had 22 turnover, got out rebounded shot poorly from the line, and still about beat this very motivated team. It has been years since Columbia beat us and they were out for us. Those areas I just mentioned will all get better. This is a very special team that is still playing without an all region player in Starnes and a great role player in Glover. Both are due back soon. But to make this comment is beyond me. I will tell you 2 big differences in comparing us after 4 games the the Indy team. Our players have an incredible amount of heart and they will not let it happen and the other is the coach of the two teams. Jay Johnson will not let this team be a "bust", they are only going to get better. Jay is by FAR the best coach in this area and he proves it year in, year out. Haddix is becoming an unstoppable force. But, yeah, I guess after 4 games we are just a bust. Coach Johnson lets just mail it in that we are a bust and play our jv and feshman kids the rest of the way.

Franklin's team has many things that the Indy team two years ago didn't have, two of them being depth of talent and good coaches that care about their players. To compare Franklin's winning tradition by using one game and to an Indy basketball program that, sadly for the kids out there, is mediocre, is as has been said in the posts before this one... RIDICULOUS!

we are all surprised by the rebels losing but they are in no way a bust. they will get better as the season progresses and they get key players back. i do not think they are as good as they have been in the past but they are still the best team in the district. haddix is improving rapidly but is nowhere near an "unstoppable force".... a top 10 player in the league at best.

Props to Columbia, heard they played well even with their inside presence out. Both teams are deep, wouldn't be suprised to see them both in the 'boro if chs doesn't beat them both haha just kiddin bout that but on a serious note, columbia has a squad, Franklin's loss should help them to not get too confident as they head towards district play. I still think Franklin is the best team around and this loss should help them continue to work hard and improve every day.

Playing Columbia on the road will only help the Rebels down the stretch. The Rebels still had a chance to win even thugh they played sub-par. Coach Johnson has got to be encouraged wih big man James Haddix. He's averaging 18pts and 12 rebs per contest. Franklin will gladly welcome all-region forwward Jamal Starnes back after football, and returning starter Reed Glover could be back on the floor this week. People jumping off the Rebel bandwagon are insane. This team has alot of pieces and will improve as the season moves along.

In a weak district Franklin should and will win it. However I am more skeptical about them against the likes of a team like Maplewood in the region tourney. I never said Franklin was bad, I am just skeptical that they may have the attitude that a free pass will be given to them to the Boro, and unfortunately that's not the case. Time will tell. It would be nice to see a team from dist. 11 go to the state tourney.

In a weak district Franklin should and will win it. However I am more skeptical about them against the likes of a team like Maplewood in the region tourney. I never said Franklin was bad, I am just skeptical that they may have the attitude that a free pass will be given to them to the Boro, and unfortunately that's not the case. Time will tell. It would be nice to see a team from dist. 11 go to the state tourney.

No one is assuming Franklin makes substate, it's a tough road going up against Metro's finest. When you call Franklin a "bust", after a loss missing two key players, you sound like someone who knows nothing about basketball. Nobody has ever won a meaningful championship in late November.

Franklin is still the team to beat in this district, even after the loss to Columbia. Once Glover comes back, which is hopefully thursday against McGavock then Franklin will have a great starting five in Young, Henry, Miller-McLemore, Glover, and Haddix. Also, hopefully Starnes will end up playing after the football team plays in the 5A football state championship game, but indications on Starnes are still inconclusive on his decision to play basketball this year. In the end I believe Franklin will make it to the 'Boro' but White Station and Bearden are two teams that stand in their way for a state title game. Franklin plays McGavock this thursday night at home.

Harrick to the rescue!!!

God forbid somebody say there own opinion on what they think of the Rebels. He'll throw a fit.

if anyone cares. scores from the past days

12/1/08

Hillwood 48 Nashville Christian 52

11/29/08

Brentwood 61 Lebanon 64

Independence 63 Blackman 52

Ravenwood 55 Ensworth 59

Centennial 25 Glencliff 55

11/28/08

Independence 53 Lebanon 70

Brentwood 60 Blackman 39

Ravenwood 44 CPA 55

Centennial 73 Cane Ridge 43

Tonights Games (12/2/08)

Centennial @ University Heights Academy

Hillsboro @ Brentwood Academy

Brentwood @ Kenwood

Independence vs. Page

Hillwood @ Stratford

Overton vs. Siegel

Ravenwood @ Smyrna

PICKS

Centennial

BA

Kenwood

Page

Stratford

Siegel

Ravenwood

scores for 12/2

Ravenwood 52 Smyrna 58 (is this a joke? They beat Ensworth by 30! Ravenwood now 2-4. OUCH)

Centennial 60 University Heights 54 (Kelly 29pts. Cent. 5-2)

Hillsboro 66 Brentwood Academy 65 (McMillan 24 Hills. 3-0)

Brentwood 64 Kenwood 53 (Teichmann 30 BHS 3-3, back on track)

Independence 67 Page 56 (IHS 5-2??? Shocker Early On)

Hillwood 36 Stratford 48 (Hillwood 1-3. May have a Shot at beating someone finally in the district)

Overton 64 Siegel 83 (Siegel is too good. Overton 3-2)

so records right now.

Hillsboro 3-0

Franklin 3-1

Independence 5-2

Centennial 5-2

Ravenwood 2-4

Overton 3-2

Brentwood 3-3

Hillwood 1-3

upcoming games

12/5 Hillwood vs. Pearl-Cohn

12/4 Hillsboro vs. Maplewood