McEwen @ MTP

TexasinMacTown

players earn playing time during practice. and if they practice hard, and do things right they'll get in. if they dont their on the sideline, i still find it hard to believe someone would call him pollitcally corrupt, i mean i dont know much about him at all, but after reading how great of a coach he is on here, i find that hard to believe.

He is a great coach. Corrupt-No, I don't think so. But, if a player is not doing his job, TRY somebody else.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a great coach. Corrupt-No, I don't think so. But, if a player is not doing his job, TRY somebody else.

I didnt see the game, so ill just have to believe you. its just that one statement bothered me. mount pleasant had a great season, as so CA, and Moore county. Good luck to Wayne county, cascade, jobyrns and mcewen

What happened to benching or sidelining someone if they aren't up to par? If they aren't blocking, sit them down, if they aren't performing in their position, sit them down, if they aren't making plays they should, etc., why wouldn't you take them OUT of the game, even for a few minutes and let someone else try!!? Why didn't we THROW the ball to open receivers instead of ones covered by three defenders, or trying to run it constantly??!!! I have never seen such a poorly coached game!! No offense to one coach in particular, I think it was a group effort. It wasn't what we're used to seeing from our coaches and players. It's frustrating for not only the fans, but the players also. You could tell that our boys were tired of doing the same song and dance and getting no results. It made me sick to think that was the last experience on our field our seniors had. Good job seniors, we're proud of you. Ya'll have played GREAT the past four years and that's what we'll remember.

It's just sad when we have so much talent, but don't utilize it. I don't feel like I'm "attacking" anyone, I'm just stating the obvious. Anyone in the stands last night would agree with me, you could hear it all around us.

Way to go Tigers, some people didn't think you'd make it as far as you did, but we're proud of you, hold your heads up!!!

Congratulations on a well played game McEwen, good luck!!

Great post!! I agree fully with everything mtplmom said!

And just to set the record staright I was NOT just calling one particular coach politically corrupt. They make a group decision on who they think can WIN the game for them. Maybe I did use too strong of a term. It is just my opinion that not all their decisions were based on talent they were based on favoritism! That is what I am calling corrupt. But that happens on every team across America. For what ever reason the coaches take up with certain players and no matter how much they mess up they still continue to return to the field while other players get pulled for only one screw up and some good players never even get a chance to play at all.

What happened to benching or sidelining someone if they aren't up to par? If they aren't blocking, sit them down, if they aren't performing in their position, sit them down, if they aren't making plays they should, etc., why wouldn't you take them OUT of the game, even for a few minutes and let someone else try!!? Why didn't we THROW the ball to open receivers instead of ones covered by three defenders, or trying to run it constantly??!!! I have never seen such a poorly coached game!! No offense to one coach in particular, I think it was a group effort. It wasn't what we're used to seeing from our coaches and players. It's frustrating for not only the fans, but the players also. You could tell that our boys were tired of doing the same song and dance and getting no results. It made me sick to think that was the last experience on our field our seniors had. Good job seniors, we're proud of you. Ya'll have played GREAT the past four years and that's what we'll remember.

It's just sad when we have so much talent, but don't utilize it. I don't feel like I'm "attacking" anyone, I'm just stating the obvious. Anyone in the stands last night would agree with me, you could hear it all around us.

Way to go Tigers, some people didn't think you'd make it as far as you did, but we're proud of you, hold your heads up!!!

Congratulations on a well played game McEwen, good luck!!

players earn playing time during practice. and if they practice hard, and do things right they'll get in. if they dont their on the sideline, i still find it hard to believe someone would call him pollitcally corrupt, i mean i dont know much about him at all, but after reading how great of a coach he is on here, i find that hard to believe.

So what about number 46 (Holt?), I heard from a MTP fan during halftime that he only attended school Thursday and Friday this week and missed Mon to Wed and the quote was.... he always misses one or two days of school a week and still plays on Friday night..... the fans went on to say .... there are several on the sideline that attend practice five days a week as well as attend school five days a week... so is that right... what kind of discipline is that...... the fan also went on to say that several "starters" on the team miss "tons of practice and school" and "still plays every down on Friday night.... care to elaborate.....

I agree Monkey, everybody loves the Tigers when they are winning, but heaven forbid if they dont have a spectacular season. I'm just curious to these people who are cryin, do you have kids playin on the team?

Finally to those who are cryin, have yall forgot what 0-10 feels like?

I love you..............you say what i think but have no place to say because I am not a MTP fan. I played against MTP in the quarterfinals twice with Marko Dailey at the helm and even though marko won those games by himself the coaching staff constructed a lot of support for him on offense and made a very good defense. kudo's to the coaches for getting mtp in the playoffs for so many years in a row. some teams would kill to just get into the playoffs. grow up mtp fans.

on a different note to a select few fans. quit being so disrespectful. when i played there on my last game of my senior year in the "jungle" i had mtp fans throwing popcorn on me and telling me that i stunk, even though i started both ways and am now playing college football. not the nicest people i have ever met and your giving mtp a bad name. and most of the people i met there were very nice. but you select few give mtp a bad name. to you few grow up. i was 18 and was more mature than you, who looked like they were in their 30's-40's. and mcewen reported on the same things. support the kids playing, because they deserve better than to be taunted and have food thrown at them. don't blow up on me mtp fans this is just what happened to me. and one of my buddies, who plays for mcewen, told me that mtp fans were telling them that they stunk as they walked into the locker room for halftime. just wanted to get that out there. once again. i am telling the truth so don't blow up on me. good luck to region 5 in the upcoming week.

So what about number 46 (Holt?), I heard from a MTP fan during halftime that he only attended school Thursday and Friday this week and missed Mon to Wed and the quote was.... he always misses one or two days of school a week and still plays on Friday night..... the fans went on to say .... there are several on the sideline that attend practice five days a week as well as attend school five days a week... so is that right... what kind of discipline is that...... the fan also went on to say that several "starters" on the team miss "tons of practice and school" and "still plays every down on Friday night.... care to elaborate.....

well Monkey Wrench...... now you are very quiet....

I love you..............you say what i think but have no place to say because I am not a MTP fan. I played against MTP in the quarterfinals twice with Marko Dailey at the helm and even though marko won those games by himself the coaching staff constructed a lot of support for him on offense and made a very good defense. kudo's to the coaches for getting mtp in the playoffs for so many years in a row. some teams would kill to just get into the playoffs. grow up mtp fans.

on a different note to a select few fans. quit being so disrespectful. when i played there on my last game of my senior year in the "jungle" i had mtp fans throwing popcorn on me and telling me that i stunk, even though i started both ways and am now playing college football. not the nicest people i have ever met and your giving mtp a bad name. and most of the people i met there were very nice. but you select few give mtp a bad name. to you few grow up. i was 18 and was more mature than you, who looked like they were in their 30's-40's. and mcewen reported on the same things. support the kids playing, because they deserve better than to be taunted and have food thrown at them. don't blow up on me mtp fans this is just what happened to me. and one of my buddies, who plays for mcewen, told me that mtp fans were telling them that they stunk as they walked into the locker room for halftime. just wanted to get that out there. once again. i am telling the truth so don't blow up on me. good luck to region 5 in the upcoming week.

Yea, I would say they were easily in their early 30's -40's, drunk, standing on their cars jumping up and down at times. (wonder how many more dents they have in it this morning.) Ah, they were so drunk, they probably don't even remember how many it had to begin with, so what is a few more. Unfortunantly, every town has em.

Yea, I would say they were easily in their early 30's -40's, drunk, standing on their cars jumping up and down at times. (wonder how many more dents they have in it this morning.) Ah, they were so drunk, they probably don't even remember how many it had to begin with, so what is a few more. Unfortunantly, every town has em.

Kinda figure's when my son was a senior in 06 after the game if i could have got my hand;s on a selct few outside the gate i would probley be in jail such vulgar langauge to kid's but like other's have meet some really nice folk's from mpt but yall need to grow up one and done so what big deal i am sure the kid's and coach's did all thay could learn and grow from it jbs has trust me

You are probably preaching to the chior. Those idiots know nothing about football and probably dont own a computer. On the other hand, I'm sure MP kids have run into a few schools where racist comments are made. Every school has their idiot fans. Even region 5.

you may be right but in the last 7-8 yrs i have never heard that kinda crap happen at jbs alittle more class than that,,,