McEwen @ MTP

TexasinMacTown

So what about number 46 (Holt?), I heard from a MTP fan during halftime that he only attended school Thursday and Friday this week and missed Mon to Wed and the quote was.... he always misses one or two days of school a week and still plays on Friday night..... the fans went on to say .... there are several on the sideline that attend practice five days a week as well as attend school five days a week... so is that right... what kind of discipline is that...... the fan also went on to say that several "starters" on the team miss "tons of practice and school" and "still plays every down on Friday night.... care to elaborate.....

If they had to have grades to play MTP wouldn't have 50 players standing on the side lines !!!!!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you really going to accuse the coach you mount pleasant fans Praised the last 4 years corrupt? I just dont think you really knew what you had when you had marco daily, he made the lineman look amazing, when in reality they probably never have blocked real well.

i HAVE to disagree last years lineman for mtp were pretty good if they ever got on you you were blocked....ive told coach rice this many times that that o-line from last year was one of the most under rated units ever....just because of daily they were overlooked.....

congratulations to mtp on a succesful season

and to mcewen on the win

i HAVE to disagree last years lineman for mtp were pretty good if they ever got on you you were blocked....ive told coach rice this many times that that o-line from last year was one of the most under rated units ever....just because of daily they were overlooked.....

and to mcewen on the win

the 06 mtp line was very good. i played against them.

you may be right but in the last 7-8 yrs i have never heard that kinda crap happen at jbs alittle more class than that,,,

i agree. i graduated with ryan and i remember what happened at my very last hs game at mtp. i wish you would have gotten your hands on them. but i have never witnessed or heard of that kind of stuff at jb. and never experienced it at any other field except for my and ryan's senior year at cascade. jo byrns has a lot of class indeed. thats why i love it. high class hicks. it doesn't get any better.

and to mcewen on the win

Thanks 78..... This years OL was a mixture of seasoned vets and some that were still wet behind the ears. Seniors were #51, #55 & #73. #55 was the only one that played every game this season. Both #51 & #73 missed a few games with knee and ankle injuries. This was #55 first full season on the line, he switched from FB to OL late in the season last year. IN MY OPINION #51 & #73 were two of the best OL in region 6A. I would not be afraid to say that they both will be on the All region team and will get some votes for Lineman of the year. If everyone remembers #73 was a pick class 1A pre-season all midstate team. I was pretty tough Friday night seeing these 3 fine young men shedding tears know that was there last game at MPHS. Not only these 3 but the whole bunch of seniors from this team.

Congats to all of the Mt Pleasant team and espically to the group of Seniors. Not all teams can look back and see the accomplishments this group of seniors accomplished. Just to name a few:

1. Four straight playoff apperances

2. Two semi final playoff apperances

3. 40-12 record

4. Played with 3 Mr Football Nominees

5. Played with 2006 & 2007 Mr Football Winner

6. Part of 3 region championships, co-champs with a 4

7. Quarter final playoff apperance your freshman year

8. Be named to the All Region team 61A team last year with a few Honorable mentions

9. Only lose 4 games at home in four years

10. Either 2nd or 3rd winnest class in school history

11. A number of Sophomore starters along with a Freshman starter on defense

We are all very proud of each and everyone of you.

Thanks 78..... This years OL was a mixture of seasoned vets and some that were still wet behind the ears. Seniors were #51, #55 & #73. #55 was the only one that played every game this season. Both #51 & #73 missed a few games with knee and ankle injuries. This was #55 first full season on the line, he switched from FB to OL late in the season last year. IN MY OPINION #51 & #73 were two of the best OL in region 6A. I would not be afraid to say that they both will be on the All region team and will get some votes for Lineman of the year. If everyone remembers #73 was a pick class 1A pre-season all midstate team. I was pretty tough Friday night seeing these 3 fine young men shedding tears know that was there last game at MPHS. Not only these 3 but the whole bunch of seniors from this team.

Congats to all of the Mt Pleasant team and espically to the group of Seniors. Not all teams can look back and see the accomplishments this group of seniors accomplished. Just to name a few:

3. 40-12 record

8. Be named to the All Region team 61A team last year with a few Honorable mentions

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Our boys have LOT to be proud of, that's for sure, thanks for pointing all of those things out Wholder!

3. 40-12 record

would #73 be any relation by any chance?

Have none of you people( mp fans )never had a bad day . Sounds like some mama's boys don't get to play, I bet if they could do the job they would be out there. I had to leave the stands because I got sick of hearing people holler at the coaches, you have no idea what those guys go thru during the season. Not that they are perfect, but most of you people could not coach a duck to water.

Have none of you people( mp fans )never had a bad day . Sounds like some mama's boys don't get to play, I bet if they could do the job they would be out there. I had to leave the stands because I got sick of hearing people holler at the coaches, you have no idea what those guys go thru during the season. Not that they are perfect, but most of you people could not coach a duck to water.

Tigerforever hate to tell you, but yes my boy does get to play and yes he does mess up. If he's not doing what he is supposed to do, I expect the coach to take him out. Either next time he will get out there and do what he is supposed to do or sit on the sideline. My opinion is when you have a player that is not doing his job, CHANGE him and let him get his head right. As far as the coaches, I think we have the best around.

I think we did better than most people around thought that we would do this year. If we could have played like we did against Lewis Co., no telling how far we would have went. Even though we lost we fought HARD!!!

Congratulations Tigers on a Good Season!

i agree. i graduated with ryan and i remember what happened at my very last hs game at mtp. i wish you would have gotten your hands on them. but i have never witnessed or heard of that kind of stuff at jb. and never experienced it at any other field except for my and ryan's senior year at cascade. jo byrns has a lot of class indeed. thats why i love it. high class hicks. it doesn't get any better.

lol if i am right about who you are,,,,,that was because the best 2 middle linebacker's in the state was side by side in 1 a and maybe even higher

mtpfan, I would bet you were not one of the people screaming at the coaches and making threats, you sound like you got your head on straight. The people I'm talking about were way out of line and it started in the 1st qt, I could not believe it, there is no place for that , if I were a young man agian ,I would have fixed their wagon myself, instead of leaving the stands. These are kids playing a game and men trying to help them do it, be behind them not a burden to them. Other teams are good too.