tennessean

devil85

Jeff Lockridge?? (not sure of spelling), sportswriter for The Tennessean, picked South Pittsburg to beat Trousdale County 21-17 in the playoffs last week, and Trousdale County won 13-6. I've been told that he also picked (1) Smith County to beat Trousdale County and (2) Smith County to beat Marion County; Smith County did not beat either team. I think he picked Smith County over Trousdale County by a score of 21-20, and Trousdale County won 20-0. I don't know his predicted score for the Smith County-Marion County game. Maybe there's something wrong with his crystal ball.

so numbers do lie huh /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

we will take our chances on the field and the numbers at the end of the game shall be law /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I hope that any of you who find fault in The Tennessean's predictions have perfect scores in The Big Ones contest on this site. Otherwise, it may be open season on some of your past picks!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I suggest that sportswriters be required to include their percentage of accuracy when making predictions in widely distributed papers such as The Tennessean. Perhaps this would prevent the readers from putting some sportswriers on pedestals that do not deserve it. It takes a lot of gall to predict actual scores when the likelihood of being correct is minimal.