will usj have anything this year?

sandbagger

i understand what u meant but sorry if i was unclear ...can u expand on the fact that usj was sort a pitcher... i dont understand how that could be the case after knowing who there staff was made up of ... and saying "half a quality arm" makes it sound like ur trying to change ur postion, if u really think they were sort of pitching please explain how

The year gant started the championship game I watched him warm up. He was pitching on short rest and that usually impacts your legs. I noticed in the bullpen that his lead shoulder was opening up a little too quick. (And Gant usually has flawless form.) In my opinion, he was not as effective as the Clayton Gant I respect very much usually is. He wasn't bad or anything, just not his absolute best. It was asking a lot, frankly, for him to be on short rest. One more stud pitcher like a Gant or an Overby and USJ could have thrown a pitcher on his usual amount of rest between starts.

Not sure how much Preston was impacted by short rest the next year, but when the ump was squeezing him, USJ had to go to XXXXX (darn it, my mind went blank). He had already pitched quite a bit and he gave a valiant effort, but was a wee bit short on stopping the other team.

Didn't see last year so I couldn't comment on that one.

Please, don't think I'm being critical of USJ. They certainly have my respect.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The year gant started the championship game I watched him warm up. He was pitching on short rest and that usually impacts your legs. I noticed in the bullpen that his lead shoulder was opening up a little too quick. (And Gant usually has flawless form.) In my opinion, he was not as effective as the Clayton Gant I respect very much usually is. He wasn't bad or anything, just not his absolute best. It was asking a lot, frankly, for him to be on short rest. One more stud pitcher like a Gant or an Overby and USJ could have thrown a pitcher on his usual amount of rest between starts.

Not sure how much Preston was impacted by short rest the next year, but when the ump was squeezing him, USJ had to go to XXXXX (darn it, my mind went blank). He had already pitched quite a bit and he gave a valiant effort, but was a wee bit short on stopping the other team.

Didn't see last year so I couldn't comment on that one.

Please, don't think I'm being critical of USJ. They certainly have my respect.

so are u saying that the team they played had one more "stud" than usj that year ...they must if thats what you have to have to win but lets get real if u have to have that your team is not too good and thats not true of usj....all im saying is usj has been way to good to keep losing it at the end ...something has to change....