Cookevilles opening day lineup

tromo

ok here goes first we will start with who this arm chair coach thinks it should start based on what i have seen so far.

first base e. davis

center field tubbs has played a little better so right now will give him nod with a short hook because kinnard is right there. and again hot bat kinnard has got a lot of swings yet

catcher second easiest choice j. davis

the difference of his and mine in my opinion which is only that is my line will be on the plus side of 500

lol. Ethan Davis made three errors in one inning at first base against Dyer County. Jeb has never played outfield and has back trouble, seems really smart to play him in center. Keep your "arm chair coaching" to yourself until you know the full story. In a related note, are you trying to set the record of times "arm chair" is said in a thread? Check out a thesaurus bud. Catcher? Wise is a better catcher, Davis does have the better arm. I'd much rather have the pitchers throw to Wise due to defense. Catching is a position notorious for the glove getting you far (see Ausmus, Brad). Both bats are in the lineup however, so its a mute point.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. Ethan Davis made three errors in one inning at first base against Dyer County. Jeb has never played outfield and has back trouble, seems really smart to play him in center. Keep your "arm chair coaching" to yourself until you know the full story. In a related note, are you trying to set the record of times "arm chair" is said in a thread? Check out a thesaurus bud. Catcher? Wise is a better catcher, Davis does have the better arm. I'd much rather have the pitchers throw to Wise due to defense. Catching is a position notorious for the glove getting you far (see Ausmus, Brad). Both bats are in the lineup however, so its a mute point.

if you will reread it you will see i said e davis or espinosa who ever had hot bat defense is about the same but espinosa has handed it acceptably. yell i know about jebs back and yes he has played outfield so i do know the whole story but i said also tubbs should get the nod. and yes they are getting j davis's bat in there which is needed, and wise has hit the ball a little better lately but behind the plate give me davis any day of the week. wise cant catch the high fast balls or make a throw to first on a dropped third strike plus davis blocks better. and i am glad to see the coach changing up the lineup looking for someone to step up. but as far as both bats being in lineup if wise continues to hit okay. but the main reason davis is inthere some where is because the coach knows he deserves to be there and wise cant be hid anywhere else. so does this make us a stronger team no. but davis behind the plate and bush in the outfield and we are better defensivly and offensivly.

Off the subject, but we played Cookville last weekend and I would just like to know what the heck the guys in the dugout are saying. ?? LOL

Not that it's bad, I actually like to hear a lively dugout, but also like to know what they are saying. Anyone have any idea?

BTW......think they have even more potential than what they showed us. Pitching wasn't real strong, but then again, it was a rainy day. Overall a strong team though.

thanks for the confidence in us. it's good to hear! i don't know what these boys are saying i have asked, but get no reply i think they get a little to loud sometimes