D-2 play offs

BigG

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JPII still needs to beat MUS Tuesday. How will JPII play the number 1 seed out of the West when they were the #2 seed in the Middle/East and Mccallie was #3 seed and Ryan #5 seed in substate?

my understanding is no one knows at this time or if they do no one is talking. But what I have heard is ryan would play CB and winner of MUS/JP would play McCallie.

my understanding is no one knows at this time or if they do no one is talking. But what I have heard is ryan would play CB and winner of MUS/JP would play McCallie.

this only makes sense. Say JPII wins against MUS. you have #1 out of the West CB against #5 out of East Middle in Ryan. Then #2 JPII would play #3 Mccallie.

Taken from TSSAA website:

NOTE: The sub-state game between Memphis University School and Pope John Paul II is scheduled to be played on Tuesday, May 19 at 5 PM @ Pope John Paul II.

If Pope John Paul wins, then Christian Brothers will play McCallie in Match 1 and Father Ryan will play Pope John Paul II in Match 2.

If Memphis University School wins, then Christian Brothers will play Father Ryan in Match 1 and McCallie will play Memphis University School in Match 2.

I am seeing JP2 pull it out against MUS.Then CBHS beating McCallie and FRHS beating JP2. Then a rematch of FRHS playing CBHS in the finals (if FRHS gets healthy i know they had some key injuries and absences lately.) Any opinions on this?

Ryan has had two injuries in the past few weeks that have affected there play, but from my understanding John Rohling is back and ready to go from his injury. The tail end of the season has been a crazy one with all top seeds playing hot potato with the seedings. I think that a Ryan CBHS match in the semis would be a good one, but CBHS is most likely itching for that rematch. Either way for Ryan they have a really tough semis match, but Ryan has had a lot of odds against them this season not having a homefield and lately, practicing on a different field every day (because of the construction of FRHS's new stadium), and dealing with injuries to key players. But CBHS is on a mission and JP2 is a great team! Good luck to all teams!

I agree JP2 is on top of their game now. I know Will Maddox and Tyler Tinker are just a force up top, but I question their defense. I think it is a little inconsistent. I have heard different things about his injury. Im not sure if he is back completely I think its a nagging injury.