SCHSBIGGESTSECRET

Thats a fair point, but considering that 3rd and 4th place are going to state with a 2:01.9x and a 2:03.xx I would think they could have atleast qualified 1, possibly 2. and still qualified the 4x400. It then would have been their decision at state whether they wanted to bail on the 800 and make a run for the 4x400. However, I do respect them not wasting qualifying spots if their main goal is the 4x400, and clearly they have a great shot at winning.

We were given the option of running (along with the 4x8 and 4x4) either the open 800 or open 400. Our anchor leg ran the great eight and finished with a 201 (even though he got boxed bad and had a bad race) and there he realized no matter what he ran mahaney would still probably pull out just enough to beat him, and it could cost him and our 4x4 a good time and possible state win. One of our other legs choose to run the open 400 but scratched himself at region because he also felt it would not be possible for him to run his best in the 4x4. The rest of us instantly choose to go with what would be our best chance at the strongest finish in state. And 4x4 is gonna be so crazy, its up in the air and its anybody's race i don't think its even possible to pick a favorite because anyone could be a little off or a little on by less than a second and it changes the whole out look of the race

Announcements