Unicoi Vs. Goodpasture

ryne_black

Hey Ryne,

There are 6,214,888 people in the state of Tennessee...give or take a few. Only 4 of them have gotten on this message board and not agreed with your statement that Unicoi will win tonight's game. I'd say that's not "nobody else in the state"!

Unicoi has no prayer. Upper East TN is just way behind the rest of the state. Now if they ventured out a little to play Chattanooga, Nashville area teams with a lot of success, I would say put them on the map. Goodpasture has played and beat the best in AAA. I really believe the hitters are what the difference will be. But I guess that is why they play the game. just ask Riverdale. You only have to be better in one game to advance.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Unicoi fans don't take it so hard. I'm pulling for you tonight because you are from East Tennessee. But lets face it you guys need to travel more and better prepare yourself for state. Your coaches are only cheating your girls for not exposing them to better competition. Records don't mean a thing. Its that Crystal ball that counts. Good luck tonight, but don't expect Goodpasture to fear you. Like I said earlier they are going to punch you in the face and game on. Best of luck. If you win tonight congrats. Just act like you been there before.

Unicoi has no prayer. Upper East TN is just way behind the rest of the state. Now if they ventured out a little to play Chattanooga, Nashville area teams with a lot of success, I would say put them on the map. Goodpasture has played and beat the best in AAA. I really believe the hitters are what the difference will be. But I guess that is why they play the game. just ask Riverdale. You only have to be better in one game to advance.

Should be interesting. Unicoi County has played some really good teams especially at the Azelea Tournament.

Now they are facing as good a team that money has bought.

Team that makes less mistakes will win.

What exactly has Unicoi done to have earned the respect of Middle TN fans? Posting a large number of wins in Upper East TN does not "earn" respect. They have to get out of the area to say, Soddy, win some games there and then they will be on their way to earning respect. Win 6 state championships in a row and you get respect. Play anybody, anywhere and you gain respect. Dominating the Upper Pioneer Valley Conference (or whatever it is they play in) does not earn respect outside of that area.

I have seen both teams play this season. There is no comparison. An upset is always possible but it would be truely shocking to those that know softball (and I am not including myself as one of them).

How many championships did they win while playing in the same division as they rest of the recruited teams.

ALL PRIVATE SCHOOLS SHOULD BE IN SAME DIVISION OR OPEN UP RECRUITING TO ALL PUBLIC SCHOOLS ALSO.

What exactly has Unicoi done to have earned the respect of Middle TN fans? Posting a large number of wins in Upper East TN does not "earn" respect. They have to get out of the area to say, Soddy, win some games there and then they will be on their way to earning respect. Win 6 state championships in a row and you get respect. Play anybody, anywhere and you gain respect. Dominating the Upper Pioneer Valley Conference (or whatever it is they play in) does not earn respect outside of that area.

I have seen both teams play this season. There is no comparison. An upset is always possible but it would be truely shocking to those that know softball (and I am not including myself as one of them).

i am from unicoi and work with coach grady lingerfelt;goodpasture may be the better team but u know as well as i do the better team dont always win. i think coach grady and the lady devils will walk away of tonites game with alot more respect than when they walked in,win or lose!!! how many state apperances does anyone have to make to be a good coached team!!

How many championships did they win while playing in the same division as they rest of the recruited teams.

ALL PRIVATE SCHOOLS SHOULD BE IN SAME DIVISION OR OPEN UP RECRUITING TO ALL PUBLIC SCHOOLS ALSO.

Wow, you should really get out more often. First off Middle TN area girls practically beat down the doors at Goodpasture. They don't have to recruit and they do not give financial aid. Second, and more importantly, public schools recruit as much or more than private schools. To deny that is plain silly and akin to sticking your head in the sand.

Wow, you should really get out more often. First off Middle TN area girls practically beat down the doors at Goodpasture. They don't have to recruit and they do not give financial aid. Second, and more importantly, public schools recruit as much or more than private schools. To deny that is plain silly and akin to sticking your head in the sand.

Well said..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />