"THE" Ball Expert's Recap of the D1 State Softball Tourn

TBALLEXPERT

Well Folks the games are now over & what a great State tournament it was! Two of the three D1 classifications had to play the ???IF??? game on Saturday and the 3rd almost had too, Wow it was a lot of excitement ! If you like to watch softball then you definitely had a great opportunity to see some of the best softball players in the State on the field at the ???Boro??? this past week. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The picks I made over a month ago came close to becoming reality but not quite! I will just have to settle for having a good baseball average this year. But when picking the ???BIG GAMES??? you know going in that it will be close & the Runner up teams this year made sure that everyone that paid the ???big??? admission price got their monies worth! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

To Recap-

AAA- Beech VS. Riverdale- Wow what a series these two had going on. Two great teams with some very exciting players to watch on each team. After the first game between the two it did look like Beech would roll but the Warriors don??™t have any quit in them! As some have already said Kat did seem some what gassed for the last couple of games but the Beech OFFENSE did not show up at all in the last two games as it had all year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

AA- Goodpasture VS. Unicoi- Wow another great series that also went to Saturday. Unicoi taking the first game in a thriller then Goodpasture taking the first championship game on Friday to push the ???if??? game on Saturday. Unicoi proved again Saturday that they are the real deal by winning the state title against a very storied Goodpasture program. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

A- Trinity VS. Forrest- This series has been an ongoing rivalry for several years that I think most folks thought would end this year with the emergence of Cornersville but that did not materialize during the tournament Forrest made sure of that! The first game it looked like TCA would roll but in the second game Forrest had other plans for TCA??¦??¦. Until the bottom of the seventh ??“ Forrest up 4-1 intentionally walks the #4 batter to load the bases, #5 batter hits a grounder to hot for the short stop,#6 batter grounds to 3rd who can??™t pick up the ball,#7 batter hit's a bloop single that some how manages to roll thru the right fielders legs scores the winning run from second on the error in RF. What a game ender , this game was lost faster than I??™ve ever seen a game end in my life. Two great teams that have been fun to watch over the years.

Looking to next year-

AAA ??“ Beech - Returns a lot of players ,Coach Woods will save some pitching for the end of the year realizing folks aren??™t intimidated by a great record.

AA- Unicoi -May just be my Favorite new pick, but I still think that Lexington can compete ???IF??? they can figure out how to coach a ???Softball??? game and Goodpasture will always be in the mix.

A- Trinity- This team will be great again next year, one of the top pitcher/catcher combo's in state along with some really good hitters returning.

Good luck to every one next year in HS ball!! See you on the diamonds during "T"ravel ball this summer!!

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />