Page Individual All-Skills Camp July 8th-10th

catnash1

There are still spots open for 3rd-8th grade and 9th-12th grades.

Page High is hosting an All-Skills camp, led by Troy Helton, Impact Volleyball coach. Please see our website (www.pagevolleyball.com) for a copy of Troy's bio.

This camp is available to girls entering the 3rd grade thru 12th grade. Cost is $50 by May 30th, $65 at the door. All Skills, includes: hitting, passing, serving, blocking, setting, etc.

Format:

9am-12pm 3rd - 8th graders

1pm-4pm - high schoolers

T-shirt is included.

Please see kj4310@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

The first day of this camp went extremely well as Troy Helton started the younger section of the camp promptly and was assisted by Karen Boots and the Page team as basic skills were taught. In the afternoon session for older girls, former Page player Andrea Townsend joined in the instruction along with a player from David Lipscomb, I believe, along with Troy's brother and another young man. Charlotte Townsend arrived at the Page gym at 7 AM and I followed to help with the concession stand at 8:15. The younger girls had about 30 players while the older players had about 33. Everything ran smoothly and efficiently with strict start times and water breaks. I did not watch too much of the action during the morning session, but observed a little of the instruction during the afternoon session.

Several schools were represented including Page, Nashville Christian School, Columbia Central, Spring Hill, and David Lipscomb. I was impressed with the camp and took forward to the remaining two days. On Saturday, there will be a Coaches' Clinic with at least 20 coaches signed up so far. I'll have another report with more detail tomorrow and Friday.

Sorry for no report on Thursday's action as I had to leave early. Friday's play was more intensive as Troy Helton stressed the finer points of the game. The younger players all learned several things and I know that one parent told me that his two girls had not played before were excited by the camp. The older girls also had a good time I believe. I saw emphasis on serving and blocking towards the end of the day. Overall, I found the camp to be very well run by Troy Helton and his associates and I know that all learned something to better their game.

Announcements