LEWIS COUNTY

hsffan

All i have to say about this group of seniors is that i've known them since they were freshman and they are a great bunch of kids and i played with some of them my senior year 2 years ago and i hate how this year is going for them. its just really bad coaching for Lewis County everybody says they play harder competition and they do but the coaches probably have better people on the sidelines than some of the people on the field every play[/quote

I disagree in some areas of your post. In this group of seniors, I can honestly say that just a few want to be out there and they want to win. The coaches of Lewis County don't have the talent they have had the past couple of years. Don't expect them to go 10-0 every year. They still have some talent and are trying to use it in the best way possible. The coaching staff is the same staff from last year minus Coach Spivey, so the coaching isn't to be blamed. McConnell has been doing an excellent job with this years defense and they have continuing to be better each and every game. Blaming the coaching staff is the easy way out.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's way over rated. All you have to do is look at who his wins have been against and that will shade light on it. Look at his record in the play offs, can't coach against good coaches with winning teams. I glanced at his record over the past, almost 60 (59 exactly) have come from just 4 teams, which accounts for over 30% of his wins alone. Is it all his fault.....hard to say. The coaches and the Players did get a raw deal this year. They do have talent and speed this year. They have stronger players this year than in the past(number of players over 400 etc.) Speed wise, about the same. Fullback is faster this year, they moved the QB to running back and a senior out of the backfield, if it would have remained the same they would have a faster backfield than last year. Kane was the differance, which they don't match that, otherwise fullback faster, wings the same or slightly faster.

All i have to say about this group of seniors is that i've known them since they were freshman and they are a great bunch of kids and i played with some of them my senior year 2 years ago and i hate how this year is going for them. its just really bad coaching for Lewis County everybody says they play harder competition and they do but the coaches probably have better people on the sidelines than some of the people on the field every play

Seen your previous post before edit and thats what made me decide to sign up. Your point was right on the marked. WHat they say and what they do are far apart. Workouts don't really mean much number wise. Get the min. It doesn't matter, more in that case isn't better which I think you know now. Some players get special attention and don't have to go by the same set of rules. Some can get by with bending the rules and get the playing and starting roles. But seems like its the way they like it. Good thing Lewis doesn't have a competing school in the county, Lewis wouldn't have enough to field a team with the attitudes of some of these coaches. They demand respect period, they don't earn it from what I can tell.

All i have to say about this group of seniors is that i've known them since they were freshman and they are a great bunch of kids and i played with some of them my senior year 2 years ago and i hate how this year is going for them. its just really bad coaching for Lewis County everybody says they play harder competition and they do but the coaches probably have better people on the sidelines than some of the people on the field every play[/quote

I disagree in some areas of your post. In this group of seniors, I can honestly say that just a few want to be out there and they want to win. The coaches of Lewis County don't have the talent they have had the past couple of years. Don't expect them to go 10-0 every year. They still have some talent and are trying to use it in the best way possible. The coaching staff is the same staff from last year minus Coach Spivey, so the coaching isn't to be blamed. McConnell has been doing an excellent job with this years defense and they have continuing to be better each and every game. Blaming the coaching staff is the easy way out.

I know you probably disagree with me big time about this but the reason that some of them dont want to be out there is because of some of the coaches. well the coaching staff is the same from last year all through because Coach Spivey left after my senior year. you just do what you want but from my perspective from what i've seen go on and stuff the major problem is how the coaches do stuff up there

jac sounds like he knows what he is talking about from the inside. I hope these boys can pull it out tomorrow night......not for the coaches, but for each other.

Play this game for all the years you have been together ...look each other in the eye and remember what you have accomplished as a group before. THIS is your time. Forget last week, its now that counts. Show what you all are made of!