My Year End Awards

PRTiii

I know Im still kind of a noob to coacht, but I've been around Tennessee Wrestling for a long while now and so I figure I would do my year end awards. So without further ado...here goes....

Coach T noob of the Year...

3rd. Vinivedivici--hope this doesnt last long as your immaturity will not be missed when you leave

2nd. Daytime6 and Nitetime6--pretty much the same as above, won't miss you when your gone

1st. Well Im gonna give it to me :D Finished second in the pickem so ill take it! lol

Coach T'er of the Year...

3rd. Hrdcrwrestler--Classy guy...hope he stays around for a while

2nd. Rigger101--hadn't seen you in a while, good to have you back

1st. BCB--Saw you at state duals and you gave me some advice about coacht, which I did impliment btw

Upset of the Year...

3rd. Caleb Little (Indy) over Brad Compton (Franklin) in the Region 6 Finals via Spladle--Compton placed 6th at the state tournament for the second year in a row, Little did not place. Only put this up because of the Franklin people getting infuriated on coacht the following day. Both nice kids, saw them talking before as Compton was warming up for a match.

2nd. Jacob Freeman (Ravenwood) over Nic Maxwell (Karns)--happened in the Quarter finals and then again in the conso finals of the state tournament. More of Freeman to come later.

1st. Miguel Robles (Kenwood) over Matt Cruise (Science Hill) via pin and Richard Manning (Ooltewah)--While some would say he had a horrible draw, he thought otherwise. Took out two of the top three 160lbers in the state in the first two rounds. Went on to place 4th.

Newcomer of the Year....

3rd. McCoy Newberg (10th, Independence)--Went from JV last year to Freshman National runner up and 3rd in the state tournament. Didnt get the best draw in the world as the semi finals match up with him and Aguilar came down to one point. Should have been the finals.

2nd. Jacob Freeman (9th, Ravenwood)--Staying under the rader up until the state tournament, everybody had Maxwell and Thomas in the 112 finals. Freeman put a stop to that and then beat him again for third and fourth.

1st. Turbo Smith (9th, Soddy Daisy)--While everybody knew who he was, beating a tough Josue Brown from Hunters Lane in the Semis of the state tourney and go on to take a silver medal at the state tournament in a tough weight is definatily an accomplishment worth noting.

Match of the Year

3rd. Kaleb Baker (CBHS) dec Greg Sheppard (Dickson Co) 125lb Father Ryan Finals--Down six with thirty seconds to go Baker takes Sheppard down Three times and cuts him. The last takedown coming with five seconds left to beat Sheppard by one.

2nd. Joe Procter (Cookeville) dec Cody Davis (Pigeon Forge)--In OT Davis almost scores the takedown to Defeat the Defending state Champion. A closer match than I would have predicted.

1st. Turbo Smith (Soddy) dec Josue Brown (Hunters Lane)--Evenly matched all the way up until the Ride or Die when a coaching issue cost Brown the match and a rematch of the Region 6 finals.

Freshman of the Year

3rd. Jacob Freeman (Ravenwood, 112lbs)--upset Nic Maxwell in the semis and the Conso Finals.

2nd. Turbo Smith (Soddy Daisy,140lb)-- Runner up in the 140lb weight at state.

1st. Brandon Brunner (Tullahoma, 103lbs)--State Champion and a heck of a kid.

Sophomore of the Year

3rd. Cody Davis (Pigeon Forge, 160lbs)--Monster, runner up in the 160 pound weight class.

2nd. Campbell Lewis (Soddy Daisy, 125lbs)--Two time State Champion now, chasing the first division 1 four timer that i know of.

1st. Zach Watson (Baylor, 119lbs)--Three time state Champion. Elbow injury early in the year didnt matter, came back to take his third title.

Junior of the Year

3rd. Mike Kennedy (Blackman, 189lbs)--One his first state title in dominating fashion of Salada of Cookeville. Sophomore national champion and 5th place at the Super 32 tournament. Awesome year.

2nd. Ethan Hames (Bradley, 119lbs)--One his second state title over Jack Boone of Notre Dame. Won best match at the state tourney.

1st. TJ Duncan (McCallie, 152lbs)--Won his fourth state title this year and will be looking to be Tennessee's first five time state champion next year.

Senior of the year

3rd. Joe Proctor (Cookeville, 171lbs)--Two time state champion from Cookeville.

2nd. Daniel Bauke (CBHS, 130lbs)--Three time state champion out of Memphis and a Air Force signee.

1st. Cameron Croy (Brentwood, 215lbs)--Three time state champion out of Brentwood and a Harvard signee.

Well there you have it. I hope this can move me out of Noob status :D

PRTiii ;)