West Creek Coach Fired

westcreek15

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two suspensions in as many seasons. Not a good thing. If he was being an idiot, he deserves to be suspended. Also, coaches should know you cant use your own money on a kid. Common sense. Those are bad excuses. He may be a nice guy, but he did not get fired for no reason.

Pretty harsh judgement when someone else wink wink got thrown out of a basketball game who doesnt even coach that sport.

You are right to say that the kids shouldn't hate Johnson. You are wrong to insinuate that Goodwin is not respectful. Johnson didn't fire Goodwin. I have had the pleasure to work with both and they are both great men. Goodwin was suspended for game one this year because he was ejected last season for an assistant coach getting a flag in the same game that he got a flag for telling the ref that it was because of him that a kid was knocked out cold. We were in a faculty meeting the next week someone asked him what happened and he said, "I was an idiot and I called the official and told him that. I was worried about the kid and I got emotional." As for this year he asked permission to send a kid to a camp with his own money. It was approved by the principal, ad, and district level too. Three months later someone told the fill in principal that Goodwin paid for a kid to go to camp when they were at a scrimmage game. The fill in told Johnson two weeks later and Johnson immediately told Goodwin. None of them knew it was a violation until then. The TSSAA was going to make the player ineligible for the year. Goodwin offered to resign if they would not punish the kid and they accepted his resignation. Johnson stood up for Goodwin and asked that they suspend him for two weeks. Goodwin and Johnson are both men of integrity and character. They aren't perfect and you are all pointing those things in the wrong direction. They are both great for West Creek. It is the other people who need to go. The ones who caused this aren't Athletic directors, coaches, parents, or players. We need them both.

I don't know much about the WCHS program, the AD or Coach. Are any of those student athletes being recruited or trying to play football in college. I know that the coach normally handles that duty but with no coaching staff who takes on that responsiblity.

I don't know much about the WCHS program, the AD or Coach. Are any of those student athletes being recruited or trying to play football in college. I know that the coach normally handles that duty but with no coaching staff who takes on that responsiblity.

There are players being recruited and Goodwin WILL make sure they all have a place to play college ball if they genuinely want to play. When he isn't applying for jobs, he will devote all of his time to making sure it happens. 2009 class had 2 seniors who made it through the entire season and both are playing D3 now.