FCS vs Ezell Tuesday 21st

GreenFog

Well after 2 narrow weekend victories FCS gets ready for a game at home vs Ezell Harding. This one should be a great game (that is if we can put together two halves). We played well in the first half at Pickett Co dominating them for actually 3 qtrs before going to sleep mode and turning the ball over and then continuing the bad play in the first half vs Goodpasture Saturday afternoon. Finally woke up in the 2nd half and squeezed out another 2 pt victory over a well balanced and well coached Goodpasture team.

I have been looking at Ezell's games throughout the year and it looks like they have 3-4 players that get double digits almost every game. Likes to shoot the 3 and are very good at it. We will have to be at our best to win this one!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after 2 narrow weekend victories FCS gets ready for a game at home vs Ezell Harding. This one should be a great game (that is if we can put together two halves). We played well in the first half at Pickett Co dominating them for actually 3 qtrs before going to sleep mode and turning the ball over and then continuing the bad play in the first half vs Goodpasture Saturday afternoon. Finally woke up in the 2nd half and squeezed out another 2 pt victory over a well balanced and well coached Goodpasture team.

I have been looking at Ezell's games throughout the year and it looks like they have 3-4 players that get double digits almost every game. Likes to shoot the 3 and are very good at it. We will have to be at our best to win this one!

Ezell's promising season may have hit a snag. One of those double digit scorers may have played his last game for ezell and he happens to be their only legit post player.

Ezell's promising season may have hit a snag. One of those double digit scorers may have played his last game for ezell and he happens to be their only legit post player.

I finally decided to get back on Coacht after a long absence. Been a FCS fan for several years now. Got a senior playing this year and we have been doing pretty decent so far. Had a few games we haven't played well but made it thru them ok. Our one loss was to a good Clay Co team but we will get them again later in the season and hopefully be back to full strength

Now back to this thread, who is the post player that is hurt or gone? Was it Mitchell? Gee? Jenkins? Ray? Teague? not sure who plays what position? Did he get hurt last night playing in the King's Acad game?

I finally decided to get back on Coacht after a long absence. Been a FCS fan for several years now. Got a senior playing this year and we have been doing pretty decent so far. Had a few games we haven't played well but made it thru them ok. Our one loss was to a good Clay Co team but we will get them again later in the season and hopefully be back to full strength

Now back to this thread, who is the post player that is hurt or gone? Was it Mitchell? Gee? Jenkins? Ray? Teague? not sure who plays what position? Did he get hurt last night playing in the King's Acad game?

Teague. He isnt hurt and I dont know why he is leaving. The person who told me he was leaving doesnt know why is leaving either. They just said he was transfering after the trip to knoxville.

Welcome back Bigdaddy50......ah we only have 2 seniors on the team so I probably know which one you are......

I will try and holler at you Tuesday night.....We need to buckle down on this game and play some better defense cause if we don't this Ezell team may blow us out of the gym?

Welcome back Bigdaddy50......ah we only have 2 seniors on the team so I probably know which one you are......

I will try and holler at you Tuesday night.....We need to buckle down on this game and play some better defense cause if we don't this Ezell team may blow us out of the gym?

If Corey Teague leaves...it could be the real story for the rest of the season for the Eagles. Not only because of the game against FCS but because of their hopes for winning the DII East A Division. Incidently there is always the possibility of another matchup with EHCS and FCS in the Mid South Christmas tourney at Ezell next week...either in the winners brackets or loser brackets.

Anyway back to the Teague story...D2A is right...Teague is our only legit post who has greatly improved since last year...especially in the 8-10 foot range and getting open in the paint. The rest of the team works hard to allow Corey to be the high pt man for the season and Mr. Teague has not let them down. What really is gonna hurt is the fact that with the big win at Know Webb...things were looking good but with games at the Web Feet, FRA, DCA, and USN looming...well I like our chances better with Mr. Teague in the lineup and the team "CHEMISTRY" the Eagles are enjoying currently. And well I also like the fact that Corey would be around for at least another year after our 3 seniors depart this season. But we will see how this unfolds in the next few weeks.

FCS and EHCS typically have great games...with or without Corey...it still should be a good one the question for Ezell is "Who will step up next?" I will let you know cause I'm gonna be there...I'll be the one behind the video camera. Don't you just love the drama in High School Basketball.

If Corey Teague leaves...it could be the real story for the rest of the season for the Eagles. Not only because of the game against FCS but because of their hopes for winning the DII East A Division. Incidently there is always the possibility of another matchup with EHCS and FCS in the Mid South Christmas tourney at Ezell next week...either in the winners brackets or loser brackets.

Anyway back to the Teague story...D2A is right...Teague is our only legit post who has greatly improved since last year...especially in the 8-10 foot range and getting open in the paint. The rest of the team works hard to allow Corey to be the high pt man for the season and Mr. Teague has not let them down. What really is gonna hurt is the fact that with the big win at Know Webb...things were looking good but with games at the Web Feet, FRA, DCA, and USN looming...well I like our chances better with Mr. Teague in the lineup and the team "CHEMISTRY" the Eagles are enjoying currently. And well I also like the fact that Corey would be around for at least another year after our 3 seniors depart this season. But we will see how this unfolds in the next few weeks.

FCS and EHCS typically have great games...with or without Corey...it still should be a good one the question for Ezell is "Who will step up next?" I will let you know cause I'm gonna be there...I'll be the one behind the video camera. Don't you just love the drama in High School Basketball.

It will hurt but we have the G Man. Watch out. :thumb:

The G man scored 13 but it wasn't enough. FCS played their best game of the year tonight. All pahsaes of "team" ball were displayed. Balanced scoring helped. Hutchison and Hill had 16 each. Sandoval 13 DeFevers with 9 Smith 7 Neal and Reeves 6 each Anderson 5 and Gaines 4...Total 82

Were 27-35 from the line

Ezell was led by Gee with 13 Ray and Duncan 11 each Teague 8 Mitchell 7 Jenkins 3 and Lee with 1

21-27 from the line

Final 82-54

Ezell did not shoot well tonight and we did.

Wow I didn't expect what happened last night at FCS. Our boys played a great game. Congrats to Coach Cleave for having these guys ready to play. Teague was a non factor for Ezell last night. Austin Gee is a good point guard but overall I assume the wings were off last night. May have had something to do with our pressure style defense.

Great start to a good season under new coach. 8-1 at the Christmas break.

Wow I didn't expect what happened last night at FCS. Our boys played a great game. Congrats to Coach Cleave for having these guys ready to play. Teague was a non factor for Ezell last night. Austin Gee is a good point guard but overall I assume the wings were off last night. May have had something to do with our pressure style defense.

Great start to a good season under new coach. 8-1 at the Christmas break.

Well I am not sure what team that was on the floor for Ezell Harding last night. :) But have to credit Friendship for a great job...on every phase of their game. They out rebounded, got more pts in the paint, outside, etc than the Eagles. They were a much better team last night...like I said...who was that team in the red?

Here's the Videographer's Top 10 Why Ezell Harding Boys Lost To Friendship...

#10 Friendship colors is green just like Knox Webb and we thought we were at Knox Webb last night.

#9 FCS is too close to Demo's and all the boys had too much of the Blackened Chicken Pasta and that wonderful Heath Bar Moose Dessert.

#8 FCS girls basketball coach is way prettier that Dan Carter and well Freud and Cleve are a toss up..Beauty Trumps Ugly all the time whether you win or lose.

#7 Most of the Ezell Harding kids were taking exams yesterday...they were still in the guilt phase because while they were playing games in Knoxville all weekend and then cramming on Monday night...they were absolutely brain dead in their game.

#6 FCS got football referees instead of basketball officials ... there is no 10 yard rule in basketball.

#5 Coach decided to hold back for the Mid-State Christmas Tournament next week.

#4 Former Ezell Harding Student Allen Heaston who followed Coach Cleve to FCS told the team all of our secret plays. (none have changed since he left)

#3 Asst Coach Brad Farmer for the Eagles left his lucky plaid paints at home.

#2 Did I mention the "Officiating?" I won't get fined for this will I?

#1 Reason that Friendship beat the Eagles..."They played purty good last night Vern!"

It was still fun...but we got a lot to improve on...