Jonathan Michael Jenkins

dlaker

The best basketball player in the Hickman County basketball program is being kept hidden from the rest of the district. Jonathan has all the tools to catch the eye of a good college coach. It will difficult to do this while playing with a less than average team. This is the very least of the major problems of Jonathan. The major problem of Jonathan is the very lack of coaching. The funny pages of the newspaper has a better coaching staff than the basketball team at Hickman County. They should schedule themselves as the homecoming opponent, if this is done claim can be pronounced that finally someone won in Hickman County. Jonathan, hang in there, trouble don't last always!

is this that 6'5 kid that is now a sophomore, last year when we played them and saw you guys play, he was pretty impressive. This might be the kid that had the chane to tie the game against Centennial with 3 freethrows and missed the first one as time had expired. even though he missed the freethrows, he wanted the ball in his hands. that shows alot of heart for a freshman. hickman county earned my respect last year. They might not be the most talented, but they always battle. Keep playing hard Hickman County and see you come season time.

Posted by dlaker:

The best basketball player in the Hickman County basketball program is being kept hidden from the rest of the district. Jonathan has all the tools to catch the eye of a good college coach. It will difficult to do this while playing with a less than average team. This is the very least of the major problems of Jonathan. The major problem of Jonathan is the very lack of coaching. The funny pages of the newspaper has a better coaching staff than the basketball team at Hickman County. They should schedule themselves as the homecoming opponent, if this is done claim can be pronounced that finally someone won in Hickman County. Jonathan, hang in there, trouble don't last always!

I thought they did a pretty good job considering they only won 2 games the previous year and moving up to AAA. Dotson kept them competing in every game. Turnovers is what kept them out of alot of wins. Dotson should go anywhere from mid-major to major D-1 ball. What was wrong with the coaching staff?? Who was is on it?? :confused:

Guest truthj3

I'm not trying to blame coaches for my problems on the court, but something has to give. It's impossible to get any recognition at all playing for the team I do. But I really appreciate the props DLAKER. I'm not trying to imply that i'm the best in the district among shooting guards, but put me within an offense that allows me to create and I'll make anything happen. Keep in touch DLAKER. Thanks.

Who was on the coaching staff that you didn't like? What were they doing?? You said that it would be impossible to do anything on that team. Most point guards in the state would give anything to have a post kid like yours on their team. College potential players don't have to create, they just play and they stand out. Whether its making great passes or just being a solid player. You don't have to do anything flashy to get recognized by a college. They can see one trip down the floor and know if you are college potenial or not.

Guest truthj3

Its not about being flashy. Most of the time I'm a very simple player. Your putting words in my mouth. I enjoy having Dotson on my squad, he makes my job much easier. All I'm saying is that i'm 9 or 10 inches shorter and if given the chance I can put up numbers just like him. Its not even about scoring, I get most of my assists when I create. But by running this type of offense, I get put in shackles. It has nothing at all to do with spotlight. I'm just trying to be the best I can be, and I feel that I being kept from doing so. I've got one season left to get signed, and I'll do what I have to.