Red Bank Lions @ Soddy Daisy Trojans

Dont know anything about Red Bank but if Soddy doesnt improve from Friday night this is going to be a long season. I hope Baylor is just that good and it wasnt that Soddy is that bad.

Baylor scrimmaged RB and had no trouble with them when going ones against ones. Baylor scored on 3 of their 4 possessions. RB had only one first down against Baylor's first D unit in 3 possessions. This should be a game of two evenly matched teams. Both teams will improve as the year goes on.

Times Free-Press

Red Bank (0-0) at Soddy-Daisy (0-1)

The kickoff: 7:30

Coaches: Red Bank's Tim Daniels, Soddy-Daisy's Kevin Orr

Interesting stats/facts: Though his team played last Friday, this second game of the season will be Orr's first along the sidelines. He missed last week, suspended for a game because some of his extra players left the sidelines during a 7-on-7 scrimmage. ... The Trojans are coming off a shutout loss to Baylor and will have short work week to recuperate and prepare while Red Bank will be in its opener. ... The Lions have several players who will miss a series, a quarter, a half and maybe even this first game. They came up short on their end of a contract with head coach Tim Daniels regarding academics.

What to watch: The Trojans' Cedric Edwards was held below 100 yards by Baylor, but he is one of the quickest running backs in the area and should be a test even for the quick Red Bank defense. ... A definite key for Soddy-Daisy could be whether or not receiver/defensive back Talon Harris (shoulder) is back on the field. Harris is among the speediest receivers in town. ... Keep an eye on Red Bank's quarterback situation and whether the Lions go to a rotation between junior Hagen Wilkey and senior Niquia McDuffie.

Times Free-Press

Red Bank (0-0) at Soddy-Daisy (0-1)

The kickoff: 7:30

Coaches: Red Bank's Tim Daniels, Soddy-Daisy's Kevin Orr

Interesting stats/facts: Though his team played last Friday, this second game of the season will be Orr's first along the sidelines. He missed last week, suspended for a game because some of his extra players left the sidelines during a 7-on-7 scrimmage. ... The Trojans are coming off a shutout loss to Baylor and will have short work week to recuperate and prepare while Red Bank will be in its opener. ... The Lions have several players who will miss a series, a quarter, a half and maybe even this first game. They came up short on their end of a contract with head coach Tim Daniels regarding academics.

What to watch: The Trojans' Cedric Edwards was held below 100 yards by Baylor, but he is one of the quickest running backs in the area and should be a test even for the quick Red Bank defense. ... A definite key for Soddy-Daisy could be whether or not receiver/defensive back Talon Harris (shoulder) is back on the field. Harris is among the speediest receivers in town. ... Keep an eye on Red Bank's quarterback situation and whether the Lions go to a rotation between junior Hagen Wilkey and senior Niquia McDuffie.

Is Harris playing or not? I have heard anything from he would be out 6 months to he is playing this week. I was also told he was in the stands painted up Friday at Baylor. Doesnt sound right in the stands painted one week going to play the next. I dont think a coach would allow that.

Is Harris playing or not? I have heard anything from he would be out 6 months to he is playing this week. I was also told he was in the stands painted up Friday at Baylor. Doesnt sound right in the stands painted one week going to play the next. I dont think a coach would allow that.

The Head Coach was susspended for the Baylor game. Proably want happen again......

It is going to be a long year for the Trojans if we do not learn how to make adjustments on defense. Red Bank did not do anything special they just lined up and ran the ball down our throat and we never made an adjustment to even try to stop them. Soddys boys played their hearts out last night and anytime you score 35 points you should win a game. Coaches need to stop trying to be noticed for their actions on the sidelines and try to be noticed for coaching a kid up and making an adjustment that helps win a ball game. Good Luck Trojans keep fighting like you did last night and things will turn around for you.