Blackman at Brentwood

Blazeallthewaze

Man, I would hate to see the whining if you two believed something DID determine the outcome of the game.

On to Lavergne? :flower:

I like commenting (whining)... I thought that was what this site is for. :roflol:

The funniest comment of Friday night was the Brentwood announcer saying "the player was down by contact". I'm not sure that applies to high school. I think in high school if you're down, you're down.

And the best thing about Brentwood football is the price of the game ticket (only $5). No wonder people in Williamson County have more money. :rolleyes:

I like commenting (whining)... I thought that was what this site is for. :roflol:

The funniest comment of Friday night was the Brentwood announcer saying "the player was down by contact". I'm not sure that applies to high school. I think in high school if you're down, you're down.

And the best thing about Brentwood football is the price of the game ticket (only $5). No wonder people in Williamson County have more money. :rolleyes:

Believe me, that announcer says a LOT of funny things - most of them unintentional! :roflol:

Lol $5 must be nice. Paying 7$ for me and 7$ for my 6yr old daughter at Riverdale gets old! I wonder if any place charges more then 7$ besides state championship games...

It's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about and only embarassing yourself. There was a blatant hold on the outside and if the ref didn't call that one, then maybe he saw another. I think the older fella just couldn't throw the flag that far.

On to Laverne yet?

Fairly certain I know what I'm talking about. Since you have trouble remembering, let's review. The play was a first and 10. Holding is marked off from the spot of the foul. The play after the "hold" was a 1st and 19 meaning the hold happened 1 yard from the line of scrimmage. If a wr was blocking downfield as you have claimed it would have been a 1st and 11 or 12 probably.....but don't let facts get in the way of an argument. I will say it....that call cost Blackman the game. 1st and goal at the 6 vs 1st and 19 from the 30. It was a big deal and it was a crap call.....bottom line. The runner was 8 yards downfield before the flag came out!

The Blaze should have won the game with their good field position all of the 2nd half, but couldn't get it done by lack of execution. It just sucks to have something like that to tarnish the end of a good game.

and the kickoff returns being called automatic touchbacks when the kick returner stepped on the goal line when we've seen these balls run out of the endzone all season long. It use to be you couldn't run the ball out of the endzone and I guessed that rule had been changed by the way its been called this year.

One key note on this rule: if the kicked ball crosses the goal line, it is an automatic touchback. If the the receiver has his feet on or across the goal line but the ref judges the ball to not have crossed, they can return it. If the receiver catches the kick in the field of play and then moves across the goal line (i.e., a running catch), it can be returned. The determiner is the kick itself crossing the plane of the goal line. How accurately that gets determined can be tricky. With the average HS kicker, the ability to make this call is not often tested.

One key note on this rule: if the kicked ball crosses the goal line, it is an automatic touchback. If the the receiver has his feet on or across the goal line but the ref judges the ball to not have crossed, they can return it. If the receiver catches the kick in the field of play and then moves across the goal line (i.e., a running catch), it can be returned. The determiner is the kick itself crossing the plane of the goal line. How accurately that gets determined can be tricky. With the average HS kicker, the ability to make this call is not often tested.

Thanks, That's the way it was when I called the game. If you are correct the rule hasn't changed, It's just not being called correctly because we had a kick returned that was caught 5 yards deep in the endzone against Smyrna. That made me think it had been changed. The official making this call at the goal line is the head ref. and if he doesn't know the rule our officials are slipping.

Thanks again for the reply.

Siegel charges $7. I have been told that Lavergne upped theirs to $7 also. I will find out Friday night. Blackman and Smyrna kept theirs at $6 this year to help out families such as yours and mine. I don't know if Oakland went to $7 or not.

Also...playoff games are $8. $4 goes to TSSAA, $2 goes to home school, and $2 goes to visiting school.

Edited by NoTime2Spare

I will say it....that call cost Blackman the game. 1st and goal at the 6 vs 1st and 19 from the 30. It was a big deal and it was a crap call.....bottom line. The runner was 8 yards downfield before the flag came out!

There was a blatant hold on the outside and if the ref didn't call that one, then maybe he saw another. I think the older fella just couldn't throw the flag that far.

On to Laverne yet?

Since reading comprehension may not be your strong point, does this help?

Good luck next week, I hope the refs don't cost you that game as well.

Since reading comprehension may not be your strong point, does this help?

Good luck next week, I hope the refs don't cost you that game as well.

Pretty sure I read it the first time you said it...doesn't make it accurate. You say blatant...I say crap. Tomato - Tamato. If the other calls were not blatant enough to be called then there was DEFINATELY nothing "blatant" on that play. Brentwood won - Blackman lost. enjoy it, but to deny the refs flubbed that last drive tells me you are the one with the comprehension problem.

Siegel charges $7. I have been told that Lavergne upped theirs to $7 also. I will find out Friday night. Blackman and Smyrna kept theirs at $6 this year to help out families such as yours and mine. I don't know if Oakland went to $7 or not.

Also...playoff games are $8. $4 goes to TSSAA, $2 goes to home school, and $2 goes to visiting school.

Thanks, I wasn't sure about that. I went to Lavergne but I forgot.. I think they charged us 6$ each but I really don't remember.

Even tho yes my 6yr old actually does watch the game I think $7 is alot to pay for her lol.

I believe when we went to Hendersonville they only charged me $1 for my daughter and I liked that idea because they are still getting money. I'd even be ok with $3 for a kid but whatever. I'm not going to stop going lol :)