District 8-AAA

crestwhite

The league lost a bunch fo starters, so it's going to be difficult to pick...so based on returning starters and looking at the teams records vs the teams they've played this year...

1. Tullahoma should win based on returning the most starters and they have some good size. Their point guard is having good year so far, but I don't think they have outside shooters to help. I see them putting it up and hitting the O-boards.

2-5. I think is a toss up; Columbia has talent but is struggling...Franklin Co. lost 6 seniors last and returns one starter. Shelbyville lost a bunch of starters and needs to replace a bunch of scoring. Lincoln Co. lost a few starters too but is doing pretty good so far.

6. Lawrence Co lost all their starters and looks to be really struggling so far.

As a whole though, I think this years league is not nearly as strong as the past few years. If Tullahoma stays consistent I think they have the best chance to win district, as long as they don't have a end of year let down. 2-5 I think any of those teams have a shot as long as they continue to improve. Seems like those teams just need more time to gel together. Franklin Co, Shelbyville and Lawerence Co lost a ton of offense and will have the hardest time replacing that.

The league lost a bunch fo starters, so it's going to be difficult to pick...so based on returning starters and looking at the teams records vs the teams they've played this year...

1. Tullahoma should win based on returning the most starters and they have some good size. Their point guard is having good year so far, but I don't think they have outside shooters to help. I see them putting it up and hitting the O-boards.

2-5. I think is a toss up; Columbia has talent but is struggling...Franklin Co. lost 6 seniors last and returns one starter. Shelbyville lost a bunch of starters and needs to replace a bunch of scoring. Lincoln Co. lost a few starters too but is doing pretty good so far.

6. Lawrence Co lost all their starters and looks to be really struggling so far.

As a whole though, I think this years league is not nearly as strong as the past few years. If Tullahoma stays consistent I think they have the best chance to win district, as long as they don't have a end of year let down. 2-5 I think any of those teams have a shot as long as they continue to improve. Seems like those teams just need more time to gel together. Franklin Co, Shelbyville and Lawerence Co lost a ton of offense and will have the hardest time replacing that.

I think Lawrence County will finish better than 6th, solely because they have the best coach in the district, hands down. Losing 6 players that play 90% of the minutes and score 90% of the points is super difficult to replace.

I don't think any team in the district will be able to hang with any 7-AAA team though. Unfortunately.

I think Lawrence County will finish better than 6th, solely because they have the best coach in the district, hands down. Losing 6 players that play 90% of the minutes and score 90% of the points is super difficult to replace.

I don't think any team in the district will be able to hang with any 7-AAA team though. Unfortunately.

I don't necessarily disagree. Just going by what everyone lost and how they are fairing now. I don't think any team from 8AAA will get past 7AAA this year, and I even think they are down too.

I don't necessarily disagree. Just going by what everyone lost and how they are fairing now. I don't think any team from 8AAA will get past 7AAA this year, and I even think they are down too.

Blackman did not impress me at all. Riverdale did. I thought LC would come out and hang with Riverdale, but the score shows otherwise. LC couldn't hardly make anything from the field. Outside of #42 (Mansfield), they don't have much scoring.

Tullahoma is 1-1 against 7AAA teams this year, winning at Oakland and losing at Smyrna. The Cats hosts two more teams from 7AAA this week. On Monday, its a rematch with Oakland and Tuesday, the Cats host LaVergne. Friday Tullahoma hosts Columbia in their first District 8AAA game.

Binns, would really appreciate it if you gave the results for these upcoming games! Hopefully 8-aaa can pull out some wins! Law Co lost a close one Friday night to Blackman (closer than score indicates because of fouling) and a heart breaker to Marshall County on Saturday on a buzzer beater. Lincoln County edged out a win over Loretto by 6-8, but it was also much closer than score indicates. Looks like the district could very well be a toss up. Will be fun to see!