McMinn Central football

logcabinman

This is what I am talking about guys, why are we so hard on coaches good or bad? Society I guess - quick gradificaton. Do you know how much time coaches put into our kids. Coaches have to neglect their families, worry about things concerning kids, act as Dad's, I could go on and on. What for? To have some person that has no clue of what is really going on in the program. Do we think these guys are trying to lose? I don't think so. All coaches start out novice i,e. making bad choices, not handling situations the way they should be handled, or even handling kids correctly. This is why I am not so quick to judge. Your right some never pan out BC93, but I can almost bet that you were not the top starting out. Time and experience makes us better, don't you think. I think Armstrong is a good guy and has had a good career, but like all coaches have had their ups and downs. Goodin may never turn out to prove himself but I am not going to bash him or any other coach for that matter, because I have been in the business for 18 years. I have hurt for kids that I cared for because they were not playing as much as they should and believe or not some of them have been my favorite kids. I have been confronted by parents, yelled at, called an idiot, and been told I am terrible. I have also been told I am great, the best coach their child has ever had. I have felt the glory of being a champion and the pain of winning just one game in a year. Funny thing is that some of my losing seasons were some of my most successful years. We are in the business of winning, I agree. We are also in the business of teaching life values and success for life. Bottom line to my little novel, a man should never bash a coach until they have walked in their shoes - cliche or not, this statement is true. So the next time your fingers are pushing these buttons, examine your self and your thoughts remembering that some people are the problem when they should be working to be the solution.

I can agree with this, but I also believe THIS is the year we can judge the coaches. This team is going to be the most talented Central has had in 3 years. I can honestly see 6-10 wins with the group. If its not anywhere close to that,then we have a problem.

I'm not going to drop names but there are several new (talented) kids playing next season. Hope the rumors are true! :ph34r:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same old crap just a different day. Only way to tell if they are gonna have a 7-3 season this year is from spring. I believe it is a little ways off to be putting all of your eggs in one basket don't you think Goodin? I hope that the kids have been lifting and conditioning. That is where it all starts is in the weight room, and it will carry over to the field. From the looks of last year, the kids look like they may have never touched a weight. I mean we hear it every year from Goodin, oh we are gonna be a solid team, oh this season is gonna turn around. I believe it's time to put those words to use. But like I said, all starts in the weight room. I know for a fact that the first year he was there, he kind of pushed weight lifting to the side, and I believe it has been that way for a while. ALL STARTS IN THE OFF SEASON

Same old crap just a different day. Only way to tell if they are gonna have a 7-3 season this year is from spring. I believe it is a little ways off to be putting all of your eggs in one basket don't you think Goodin? 1. I hope that the kids have been lifting and conditioning. That is where it all starts is in the weight room, and it will carry over to the field. From the looks of last year, the kids look like they may have never touched a weight. I mean we hear it every year from Goodin, oh we are gonna be a solid team, oh this season is gonna turn around. 2. I believe it's time to put those words to use. But like I said, all starts in the weight room. I know for a 3. fact that the first year he was there, he kind of pushed weight lifting to the side, and I believe it has been that way for a while. ALL 4. STARTS IN THE OFF SEASON

1. They are and do every off season.

2. I agree!

3. Know for a fact that you are wrong here.

4. Also agree and I know they put a lot of stock into it as well.

Edited by BloodCharger

1. They are and do every off season.

2. I agree!

3. Know for a fact that you are wrong here.

4. Also agree and I know they put a lot of stock into it as well.

I would like to see them come out this year and smack people right in the mouth. Old fashion ground and pound. That is what Polk Co. has done for years, and it has seemed to work pretty well for them. I know when Coach Derrick was there they ran a lot of smash mouth football plays. It seemed to work pretty dang well for them as well. Central needs to get back to the basics is where I am coming from. Sure the facilities look decent but it is not the facilities that wins people ball games. But as for number 3 on him straying away from weight lifting when he first got there is a fact. I have talked to some of the players that played for him then, and they said the program he had them on did not work to well. I saw Stiles and Green go from decently sized in muscle to little ol' pee shooters.

I would like to see them come out this year and smack people right in the mouth. Old fashion ground and pound. That is what Polk Co. has done for years, and it has seemed to work pretty well for them. I know when Coach Derrick was there they ran a lot of smash mouth football plays. It seemed to work pretty dang well for them as well. Central needs to get back to the basics is where I am coming from. Sure the facilities look decent but it is not the facilities that wins people ball games. But as for number 3 on him straying away from weight lifting when he first got there is a fact. I have talked to some of the players that played for him then, and they said the program he had them on did not work to well. I saw Stiles and Green go from decently sized in muscle to little ol' pee shooters.

I'm not 100% sure, but I do not believe Coach Goodin was there for Stiles and Green's offseason. Wasn't he hired in June? Not alot of time to make an impact, IMO.

I would like to see this too, but you cannot move a bus with a volkswagon. MC has not had great size the last couple of years. This year should be a little different. I think we may see more meat on the line this year which will allow some more of the smash mouth you speak of. Boyd is a good shifty runner that causes teams to be more discipline, followed up by a pounding by Barnett, then for good measure Johnson.

I would like to see this too, but you cannot move a bus with a volkswagon. MC has not had great size the last couple of years. This year should be a little different. I think we may see more meat on the line this year which will allow some more of the smash mouth you speak of. Boyd is a good shifty runner that causes teams to be more discipline, followed up by a pounding by Barnett, then for good measure Johnson.

Hope so. Like I said earlier, If these coaches can not win with what they have next season, then bye bye. They have to be gone if next season is bad. Oh, to answer your question logcabinman, anyone that wants Central to do well and doesn't bash the team like BC93, is considered to be a coach on here. I'm sure they have better things to do than look on this board in the offseason. I would hope they are focused on offseason workouts!

I can agree with this, but I also believe THIS is the year we can judge the coaches. This team is going to be the most talented Central has had in 3 years. I can honestly see 6-10 wins with the group. If its not anywhere close to that,then we have a problem.

I'm not going to drop names but there are several new (talented) kids playing next season. Hope the rumors are true! :ph34r:

I don't know what Central's schedule is this year, but people seem to forget the past few years they've played McMinn Co., who won their district twice in the last three years; Walker Valley, another district 5, 6A school who has had talent in spite of their record; and Alcoa - 'nuff said there. And of course in district play they've had an always tough Polk Co. team.

I would think being competitive in their own district with a second place finish would show tremendous improvement for the Chargers. So, I'd think winning a minimum of 6 games would be a fair expectation.

Edited by blitzinbuc

I don't know what Central's schedule is this year, but people seem to forget the past few years they've played McMinn Co., who won their district twice in the last three years; Walker Valley, another district 5, 6A school who has had talent in spite of their record; and Alcoa - 'nuff said there. And of course in district play they've had an always tough Polk Co. team.

I would think being competitive in their own district with a second place finish would show tremendous improvement for the Chargers. So, I'd think winning a minimum of 6 games would be a fair expectation.

There will be no difference in last years schedule and this past year. Home/Away is all. I agree six but I see seven. I have been looking at some of the kids (sophmores to be juniors) and I see more bulk on their frames. I am ready to see what happens in the spring.

[

Size does not matter. I have seen small guys whip some big guys butts. Sure it helps, but size does not over take technique. Glad to hear they are finally getting some size to them. Sure hope they can put it to good use. Going 1-9 to 7-3 is going to be a giant leap. I.M.O I don't see this happening but time will tell, and from the look of things time is nearing for Goodin and his coaching career at Central.