McMinn Central BaseBall 2012

SAGINAWFAN

Coach Hart told the senior class that they could not play this year!He only wanted under classmen.Great job Coach Hart!

Are there any facts to back up this statement or is this some third or fourth hand information? I have known Coach Hart for many years in the worst of times and the best of times around Central athletics. Over the years he has encouraged seniors to play even those who did not play in previous years. Most of the time he has conducted tryouts to determine who can play and who can not. There are just not as many senior males particpating in all sports not just baseball. I know that the best teams Coach Hart has fielded always had plenty of seniors. Some were starters and some were role players. Baseball is a sport that sometimes if you do not participate, you can suffer from diminished skill levels that could be detrimental to top performance.

Lots of reason there are no seniors on this year's team but I highly doubt the claim made here.

Are there any facts to back up this statement or is this some third or fourth hand information? I have known Coach Hart for many years in the worst of times and the best of times around Central athletics. Over the years he has encouraged seniors to play even those who did not play in previous years. Most of the time he has conducted tryouts to determine who can play and who can not. There are just not as many senior males particpating in all sports not just baseball. I know that the best teams Coach Hart has fielded always had plenty of seniors. Some were starters and some were role players. Baseball is a sport that sometimes if you do not participate, you can suffer from diminished skill levels that could be detrimental to top performance.

Lots of reason there are no seniors on this year's team but I highly doubt the claim made here.

Well now,That's funny!Because that is what Coach Hart told me out of his own mouth.Might want to check your facts!OH I forgot, You know everything! :roflol:

How did scrimmage go with Clinton yesterday?

Looked better than Saturday. Ward in as SS tightened the infield but still got a LOT of room to improve. Very long scrimmage, maybe 9 innings. Central pitched all except Ward. Poteet started and went 3, looked pretty good. Pitched 4 freshman and Mckinney "the submariner" sophomore closer, pitched 1 2/3 and looked good. OutField was much improved and catching (Hart) looked good. Swilley, added some much needed support in the batting order with one hit to the fence. The BBCOR bat are going to reducts the HRs to a minimun this year. Alot of attention needs to be given to base-running. I think Monday is another scrimmage so let's see what happens.

Season to start Monday with a game against Greenback. Team has come along and the pitching looks ok to start the season but the d-fence has to step it up big time if this team is going to make a showing in the district this year. We are very young and still looking for the best fit so the "Playing for a Cure" week-end should really be a roller coaster ride. Go Blue

Season to start Monday with a game against Greenback. Team has come along and the pitching looks ok to start the season but the d-fence has to step it up big time if this team is going to make a showing in the district this year. We are very young and still looking for the best fit so the "Playing for a Cure" week-end should really be a roller coaster ride. Go Blue

iI TELL YA OLE BOYS ONE THING , I RESPECT CENTRAL BC YOU OLE BOYS REALLY GET INTO YOUR SPORTS IT SEEMS LIKE. ID DEF LIKE TO SEE CENTRAL GET BACK TO ITS WINNING WAYS IN BASEBALL. I HEARD HART MIGHT BE HANGING IT UP HERE IN THE NEXT FEW YRS, ANY TRUTH TO THAT?